My Starch Free And Zero Fiber Experiment

Charger

Added a starch meal back in yesterday in the form of oats sweetened with maple syrup and noticed an immediate increase in body temp that I haven't been able to replicate while eating starch/fiber free.

Should I take this as a sign that I should keep starches in my diet if I don't get the same response from milk, OJ, meat, and eggs alone?

T

TheBeard

Added a starch meal back in yesterday in the form of oats sweetened with maple syrup and noticed an immediate increase in body temp that I haven't been able to replicate while eating starch/fiber free.

Should I take this as a sign that I should keep starches in my diet if I don't get the same response from milk, OJ, meat, and eggs alone?

Do what you respond well to.

I get higher temperatures from no starch.

Sefton10

For breakfast this morning I decided to eat breakfast as soon as I got up rather than having some milk first.

Was really craving something stodgy after minimal starch for a few weeks. Ended up making a kind of thick chocolate porridge using masa harina. 1 cup milk, 1 cup water, maybe 70g of masa, an egg, 10g cocoa powder, 20g cocoa butter, 2tbsp maple syrup and a scoop of casein. Felt like a pretty even split between starch/sugars/fat and a decent bit of protein.

An hour later my hands were the warmest they've been after breakfast for a long time and pulse was 77 (which is way above normal for me).

David90

Interesting. Warm/Hot Oats (with melted Dark Chocolate) have done this in the Past (2016) also for me. I Would also say, do what you respond well to.

David90

@Hans
I do at the Moment a ''Low-Starch'' Phase. My (Starchy) Carbs are coming mostly from the White Bread (Anabolic French Toast) and maybe some Red Beets.
I'm at around 50g (or lower) of Starch now. The Rest from the Carbs are Coming from White Sugar, Milk, Ice Cream and Fruits/Fruit Juice. Interesting and Surprising Thing was, that i even lost some Weight (2 -2 ,5 KG). Could also be the Daily (Slight) Caloric Deficit tho, that i'm running.
But i definetly feel leaner and less tired, which is also Interesting.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans
I do at the Moment a ''Low-Starch'' Phase. My (Starchy) Carbs are coming mostly from the White Bread (Anabolic French Toast) and maybe some Red Beets.
I'm at around 50g (or lower) of Starch now. The Rest from the Carbs are Coming from White Sugar, Milk, Ice Cream and Fruits/Fruit Juice. Interesting and Surprising Thing was, that i even lost some Weight (2 -2 ,5 KG). Could also be the Daily (Slight) Caloric Deficit tho, that i'm running.
But i definetly feel leaner and less tired, which is also Interesting.
Cool man. When I cut out staches I actually didn't drop any weight. I'm currently trying something new (a new style of training) and bone broth before bed (and very low fat diet and so far I'm dropping fat at a very good pace. Maybe it's too soon to say but will see after 1-2 months.

gaze

i would keep it in if it makes you feel better. try to keep an eye out for how you sleep, how you feel in general, and bowel movements. those are key starch tolerance metrics that go beyond temp

Cloudhands

Yeah im at the point where i dont see a real difference between a2 or regular dairy. I keep the diet simple, i drink a gallon of milk a day, and maybe like 6 oranges and 4 oz of organ meat in the morning, and 2 oysters at every meal. I do 500mg of niacinamide 1 time in the am with my coffee (i drink loads of coffee with black strap molasses) and i put black cumin in my meat. I take vitamin K, vitamin E, and add some gelatin to my coffee and chocolate milk. I feel great. Poops are good, 3 of them a day and theyre kinda big lol. Warm all day and feel energized, kind of like when i was younger, i have this energy and positivity that radiate off of me. I think many people who have issues maybe have nutrient deficiencies, and maybe need more vitamin D and less meat (higher Cal/phos). Depending on which fruit i decide to eat each day (options are oranges, pineapple, honeydew, kiwi, cherimoya, etc) my potassium ranges from 7500-11000 mg per day, which i think is also very helpful. Also, some people overdo the gelatin, and deplete seritonin too much. A little bit is definitely needed.

gaze

Yeah im at the point where i dont see a real difference between a2 or regular dairy. I keep the diet simple, i drink a gallon of milk a day, and maybe like 6 oranges and 4 oz of organ meat in the morning, and 2 oysters at every meal. I do 500mg of niacinamide 1 time in the am with my coffee (i drink loads of coffee with black strap molasses) and i put black cumin in my meat. I take vitamin K, vitamin E, and add some gelatin to my coffee and chocolate milk. I feel great. Poops are good, 3 of them a day and theyre kinda big lol. Warm all day and feel energized, kind of like when i was younger, i have this energy and positivity that radiate off of me. I think many people who have issues maybe have nutrient deficiencies, and maybe need more vitamin D and less meat (higher Cal/phos). Depending on which fruit i decide to eat each day (options are oranges, pineapple, honeydew, kiwi, cherimoya, etc) my potassium ranges from 7500-11000 mg per day, which i think is also very helpful. Also, some people overdo the gelatin, and deplete seritonin too much. A little bit is definitely needed.
the problem with eating like that for me personally would be the lack of opportunity to add salt. salt in milk is nasty. however i can throw a lot in something like mashed potatoes and all it does it make it taste better and better

Nomane Euger

Deleted

Cloudhands

the problem with eating like that for me personally would be the lack of opportunity to add salt. salt in milk is nasty. however i can throw a lot in something like mashed potatoes and all it does it make it taste better and better
I salt my meat and im warm otherwise. If i need some more salt ill coat my oysters in them or dip a slice of cheese in salt. I think that if you get your PTH down enough it becomes way easier to retain salt

Nomane Euger

Can you expand on peoples overdoing gélatin and your own experience with that?and on the he little bit of serotonin needed

Cloudhands

Can you expand on peoples overdoing gélatin and your own experience with that?and on the he little bit of serotonin needed
Basically if youre having trouble sleeping and eating a lot of gelatin, try eating less to see if it helps with sleep. If you deplete serotonin too much you wont be able to synthesize enough melatonin to sleep well.

equipoise

I fixed my post-starch bloat by doing strength training again after a 2 year hiatus.
Actually feel amazing, warm all the time even tho it's cold around here , sleep better, feel like the stuff I eat has it's purpose (even though I work manual labour type job, but it doesn't compare to a nice deadlift or squat session). Better digestion.

I eat either rice or potatoes every day, meat (in form of chicken breast, minced beef or pork loins). The milk I stopped drinking if it's not in coffee (so around 0.75l).
I start my day with fresh squeezed OJ, it's orange season here and that's amazing. Have eggs, cottage cheese, regular cheese. Liver once a week (beef).
Dark chocolate (>70%), a bar or so a day. Basically everything I eat, I eat freshly made. I also eat mushrooms like 2 times a week, some kale/potato soup.
Even some beans soup (with chilli). This one's tricky - it has to be organic beans from the platz or I get bloated, also need to soak them for a day.
Will try experimenting with overnight oats, mixed with honey for an easy breakfast (and some ceylon cinnamon). In the past, I digested this easily and they filled me up in the morning. I start my day pretty early, around 5.30 am so I gotta have energy. I sometimes don't eat in the morning but have a coffee if I had an above average sleep, and nice digestion the day before. So I eat around 2 proper cooked meals every day and have whatever fruit is cheap/in season. Make homemade kompot from apples/pears (eastern europe anyone?!) with tons of sugar - this is easily digestable and keeps me full at night also makes transit time extremely fast!
I take MgCl + NaHCO₃ baths about 2 times a week (always finish with a cold shower, it makes me feel energized, couldn't care less if it's placebo, it works).

I also completely stopped drinking any alcohol, as I just can't control myself with alcohol. Few weeks in I just start smashing 10 pints a day after work, easily, without catching any major buzz but destroying my sleep and generally just getting rebound glutamate storm (ex benzo addiction).

That being said doing all of the above makes me perform really good creatively (playing advanced jazz guitar, learning new things etc) while keeping a high androgen profile.

I dropped all supplements aswell, except Taurin (2g's with dinner) and I'm waiting for my Niacinamide to come, maybe I'll experiment with that. I'll order some Energin and Oxidal soon enough.

Point is - it's possible to feel really good with starch consumption ,if you can handle it. @gaze said it correctly. Log daily how you feel (temp, digestion, sleep) and if it's working for you I see no point in dropping starch. It's when I drop starch I get cranky and I feel manic all the time

jet9

I fixed my post-starch bloat by doing strength training again after a 2 year hiatus.
Actually feel amazing, warm all the time even tho it's cold around here , sleep better, feel like the stuff I eat has it's purpose (even though I work manual labour type job, but it doesn't compare to a nice deadlift or squat session). Better digestion.

I eat either rice or potatoes every day, meat (in form of chicken breast, minced beef or pork loins). The milk I stopped drinking if it's not in coffee (so around 0.75l).
I start my day with fresh squeezed OJ, it's orange season here and that's amazing. Have eggs, cottage cheese, regular cheese. Liver once a week (beef).
Dark chocolate (>70%), a bar or so a day. Basically everything I eat, I eat freshly made. I also eat mushrooms like 2 times a week, some kale/potato soup.
Even some beans soup (with chilli). This one's tricky - it has to be organic beans from the platz or I get bloated, also need to soak them for a day.
Will try experimenting with overnight oats, mixed with honey for an easy breakfast (and some ceylon cinnamon). In the past, I digested this easily and they filled me up in the morning. I start my day pretty early, around 5.30 am so I gotta have energy. I sometimes don't eat in the morning but have a coffee if I had an above average sleep, and nice digestion the day before. So I eat around 2 proper cooked meals every day and have whatever fruit is cheap/in season. Make homemade kompot from apples/pears (eastern europe anyone?!) with tons of sugar - this is easily digestable and keeps me full at night also makes transit time extremely fast!
I take MgCl + NaHCO₃ baths about 2 times a week (always finish with a cold shower, it makes me feel energized, couldn't care less if it's placebo, it works).

I also completely stopped drinking any alcohol, as I just can't control myself with alcohol. Few weeks in I just start smashing 10 pints a day after work, easily, without catching any major buzz but destroying my sleep and generally just getting rebound glutamate storm (ex benzo addiction).

That being said doing all of the above makes me perform really good creatively (playing advanced jazz guitar, learning new things etc) while keeping a high androgen profile.

I dropped all supplements aswell, except Taurin (2g's with dinner) and I'm waiting for my Niacinamide to come, maybe I'll experiment with that. I'll order some Energin and Oxidal soon enough.

Point is - it's possible to feel really good with starch consumption ,if you can handle it. @gaze said it correctly. Log daily how you feel (temp, digestion, sleep) and if it's working for you I see no point in dropping starch. It's when I drop starch I get cranky and I feel manic all the time
congrats on finding what works for you. will look forward your update on "oats + honey" test. I too do starches (tubers like sweet potatoes, potatoes, cassava, etc) + fruits. I didn't have grains for 6 years. Sometimes i have odd craving for bread or oatmeal but am reluctant to test it :)

"It's when I drop starch I get cranky and I feel manic all the time."
+ one. Starch have calming effect on me. (main thing to find balance and not to overdo it).

Vins7

congrats on finding what works for you. will look forward your update on "oats + honey" test. I too do starches (tubers like sweet potatoes, potatoes, cassava, etc) + fruits. I didn't have grains for 6 years. Sometimes i have odd craving for bread or oatmeal but am reluctant to test it :)

"It's when I drop starch I get cranky and I feel manic all the time."
+ one. Starch have calming effect on me. (main thing to find balance and not to overdo it).
Why did you decide to avoid all type of grains?

gaze

i've found a meal of something like mashed potatoes with chicken, with a glass of orange juice and milk, followed by some ice cream to way more therapeutic than a meal of orange juice and eggs, or meat and milk and orange juice, or any other no starch meal. the starch seems to have a unique Free fatty acid lowering affect which I just can't get without the starch. i think the better your thyroid is, the less starch you need because FFA are constantly low, but for low thyroid people with high FFA the insulin from starch effectively lowers FFA short terms which allows the body to utilize glucose properly

Bunnicula

Wow, this was so helpful and thank you for mentioning the compote! I get all of my dairy from skyr/greek yogurt and I usually mix it with frozen fruit since there's not much of a fresh selection in the winter months. Lately I've been dreading eating it simply because it's so cold. I would have NEVER thought of making a compote on my own. I've been cooking my fruit (mostly berries) for the past couple days and it's a game changer! I'm going to try apples and pears next :)

equipoise

Wow, this was so helpful and thank you for mentioning the compote! I get all of my dairy from skyr/greek yogurt and I usually mix it with frozen fruit since there's not much of a fresh selection in the winter months. Lately I've been dreading eating it simply because it's so cold. I would have NEVER thought of making a compote on my own. I've been cooking my fruit (mostly berries) for the past couple days and it's a game changer! I'm going to try apples and pears next :)
It's a staple around here that's kind of been forgotten, because modern age and people getting lazy. Super simple aswell, great carbs, great digestion because cooked fruit (very Peaty!) and mixes perfectly with a protein on the side.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals