Migraines

kineticz

What is the cause of migraines? Besides the faint white lines on my fingernails I have developed some migraines and pressure above the eyes and the back of my neck. It feels like I am more prone to anxiety

tara

Migraines are my key issue.
Peat used to get migraines and resolved them for himself. The tactics I've read he used for himself were:
- preventive: carrot salad, avoid lactic acid, eg keffir
- to stop one that is coming on: lots of milkshakes or icecream
He has said they often come on a background of high estrogen, serotonin and histamine. I have attempted to tackle all three of these, but not yet successful.

Here's my thread. A lot of it is me rambling and complaining, but there are also some ideas in there, from various people.
www.raypeatforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3503

My most reliable trigger used to be hunger/low blood sugar. But I've been pretty good at avoiding that for many months now, and I still get the migraines.
Getting enough magnesium seems to be one important component.
For me, either too much or too little fluids seem to sometimes trigger them.
Any kind of stress, physical or psychological, seems to add to the risk.
I know people who have interrupted beginning migraines with a speedy 1000mg aspirin, possibly with coffee/caffeine.

SQu

I'm fortunate to not have had a migraine since June. I think low blood sugar and serotonin were key in my case. With the blood sugar you have to take care not to undereat due to nausea with migraine - you WILL undereat unless you remind yourself and get something - anything you can - down. With serotonin, when you get that light sensitivity which means it's high, get some sunlight - lots of sunlight - even though again it is not what you feel like. The ice cream fixed and prevented a few migraines. it's absolutely brilliant because the condensed nature of it means more calories when you really need them. Less lactic acid in food(avoiding yoghurt, cottage cheese) has helped too. Cyproheptadine is also good for serotonin lowering and helped.

Pomarańcz

I have been getting intense migraines for the past few months almost every week.

Sometimes I get them randomly (or so it seems). Other times they are triggered from being hungry of an extended period of time. Does anyone see a connection?

tara

I have been getting intense migraines for the past few months almost every week.
Bad luck.
Other times they are triggered from being hungry of an extended period of time. Does anyone see a connection?
Extended hunger used to be one of my triggers. (Probably still would be, only I'm better at avoiding extended hunger these days.)
Random is hard to figure - maybe you'll find a pattern.

I get headaches, very bad, but I wouldn't call them migraines. They don't have visual effects, they respond very well to NSAIDs.

I have found avoiding serotonin gut issues helps a lot. Milk shakes help, but I'm currently close to fat free. I find avoiding starch really helpful right now

Sucrates

I used 1P-LSD 10mcg recently, my pulse rose dramatically to 128bpm before I took 40mg propranolol. It cured my migraine though. There are reports of LSD and psilocibin mushrooms curing migraine and cluster headache at low dose.

tara

I used 1P-LSD 10mcg recently, my pulse rose dramatically to 128bpm before I took 40mg propranolol. It cured my migraine though. There are reports of LSD and psilocibin mushrooms curing migraine and cluster headache at low dose.
Any rebound when it wore off?
I've tried some anti-serotonin tactics to try to stop beginning migraines. Eg. took a cyproheptadine to try to head off the last one. It seem to temporarily defer it (took 4mg in the evening when I felt like I had one starting, and woke up feeling OK), but came back even worse later on that day.

Ewelina

I've had migraines for over 10 years now. My mother have them so of course they must be genetic. In my opinion I inherited mostly her food preferences, hence migraines.

I've managed to reduce my migraines drastically. I think fat metabolism is essential in migraines. Recently I eat low fat diet and I can clearly see improvement. Also - as others noticed - histamine, serotonin and estrogen go all together and always cause headaches in my case.

Sucrates

Any rebound when it wore off?
I've tried some anti-serotonin tactics to try to stop beginning migraines. Eg. took a cyproheptadine to try to head off the last one. It seem to temporarily defer it (took 4mg in the evening when I felt like I had one starting, and woke up feeling OK), but came back even worse later on that day.

No, I've had migraine/headache 9/10 days for 3-4 years unless taking betablockers, I have not had one since dosing nearly 3 weeks ago. The reports I've read on microdose LSD/mushrooms say it works for 3-12 months.

tara

No, I've had migraine/headache 9/10 days for 3-4 years unless taking betablockers, I have not had one since dosing nearly 3 weeks ago. The reports I've read on microdose LSD/mushrooms say it works for 3-12 months.
You mean you had headaches or migraines 9 days out of every 10? In that case, 3 weeks without quite is noteworthy. It's quite a while since I had 3 weeks without a migraine.
I'll be interested to know if you get 3-12 months clear, and what happens after that.

kaybb

Can you update us on your success?

chispas

I would be interested in anyone's experience with calcium antagonists like lisuride, phenibut, or glycine (in huge amounts), or any other substances that have improved migraines via this mechanism?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals