Maasai kids (high milk consumption) are iron deficient with a high prevalence of chronic inflammation and intestinal damage

VitoScaletta

Mosquito nets, worming tablets, pit latrines, separate rooms for cooking and rainwater collection more likely among Kamba than Maasai.
View attachment 31339

low weight to age (WAZ) z-scores and low height for age (HAZ) z-scores significantly worse among Kamba than Maasai. Kamba children more likely to be malnourished, underweight and stunted than their anaemic Maasai countrymen. It pays to read the study fully!
Seems that immunologically (less fever, cough, vomiting) and lower prevalence of stunting and underweight, the Maasai are better off because of their diet than the Kamba even though they are relatively more disadvantaged because of the rest of their lifestyle.

Diarrhoea, elevated c-reactive protein and nutritional deficiencies are all side effects of water-borne diseases or parasitic infection.

It is strange to me that the focus in this area of the world would be the provision, by UNICEF, of inoculation and Unimix (which contains cheap but antimetabolic soy beans, cornflour and vegetable oil), instead of clean drinking water and adequate sewerage or plumbing.

Not to mention giving people their own means to treat waterborne diseases through reliable access to anti-parasite treatments or antibiotics which should be easy to obtain if the supply wasn't contaminated by the commercial interests of the producers and distributors.

A little bit tangential but it reminds me of Nestlé's distribution of baby formula in Africa, which constitutes a crime against humanity and is a blindspot for anti-racists everywhere. And note below:

Klaus Schwab as publisher of the World Economic Forum's 2010 "Global Redesign" report postulates that a globalized world is best managed by a self-selected coalition of multinational corporations, governments (including through the UN system) and select civil society organizations (CSOs). He argues that governments no longer are "the overwhelmingly dominant actors on the world stage" and that “the time has come for a new stakeholder paradigm of international governance”. The WEF's vision includes a "public-private" UN, in which certain specialized agencies would operate under joint State and non-State governance systems.

View attachment 31341
Great posts man.

Gadsie

You need some iron, peat has said this. If you eat a diet completely deficient in iron you’re gonna get get anemia. The advice for avoiding added iron is meant for people who consume some meat/spinach etc.
That said, the masaai have a lot of atherosclerosis as well IIRC. I think a diet of only (whole) milk is not ideal. 2 quarts of skim milk is really not that big of a deal. I drink 2 quarts of skim milk and it’s still only like 25% of my calories. Plenty of room for potatoes, fruit, veggies, etc

Didn’t the masaai drink blood?

VitoScaletta

You need some iron, peat has said this. If you eat a diet completely deficient in iron you’re gonna get get anemia. The advice for avoiding added iron is meant for people who consume some meat/spinach etc.
That said, the masaai have a lot of atherosclerosis as well IIRC. I think a diet of only (whole) milk is not ideal. 2 quarts of skim milk is really not that big of a deal. I drink 2 quarts of skim milk and it’s still only like 25% of my calories. Plenty of room for potatoes, fruit, veggies, etc

Didn’t the masaai drink blood?
the young and pregnanat drink blood from what i read on this thread
seems logical as they need more iron

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals