Knockin' On Doors Till They Open.. Story of the Autoimmune

Hey Peat-fans and thinkers, what's up

Background of myself

male in my young 20s

Been struggling with autoimmune issue since very little, as long as I can remember i've been struggling with asthma, eczema, as well as some of the hypothyroid symptoms.

~2011 Got rid of asthma through cooked paleo diet, didn't have any rebound since.
~2011 until now on and off with eczema and dry skin, as well as energy issue and many others.

Diets i've tried - the paleos, as well as pure trash city style diets.

Goals here: figure out this eczema and autoimmune problem that I struggle with, as well as low energy and libido
(in that order)

---------

Peat-related regime:
NDT upped from 2 grains to 3 grains/day
eggshell calcium ~2000mg /day
Increasing sugar intake

-------------

Symptoms
1. Eczema (full body)
2. Dry skin
3. Hair loss (slow but surely)
4. Low libido
5. Low T (pretty sure as I gain very little muscle mass and struggle to keep them on)
6. Very low energy (always tend to doze off in class/ transit, difficulty to focus etc..)

----------

Will direct my question on the advice board, but if any of you have more knowledge about Eczema and autoimmune please feel free to reply here!

answersfound

Keys to strong libido for me:

Take estroban from Haidut. (lower estrogen)

Take pregnenolone from Haidut. (lower estrogen, and optimize overall hormonal profile)

Take cyproheptadine. (lower serotonin)

Eat oysters. (Zinc)

OP
K
answersfound said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97838/ Keys to strong libido for me:

Take estroban from Haidut. (lower estrogen)

Take pregnenolone from Haidut. (lower estrogen, and optimize overall hormonal profile)

Take cyproheptadine. (lower serotonin)

Eat oysters. (Zinc)

I've tried preg with some mild effect (although from another supplier)
Will try the rest when the time comes.
Oysters didn't have much effect on me (like not even noticeable effects)

Last edited by a moderator:

tara

:welcome knockinondoors

I've been dealing with what I assume is eczema over the last year, but I haven't solved it, so I don't know that I have much to offer, other than topical.

Consider overall nutrition, allergies, exposure to harsh chemicals.

tara

If you want to, you can post about what (and how much) you are eating etc.

OP
K
I will be starting another thread soon, but I wonder where i should put it..testimonials or ask for advice?

Discovering Ray Peat has really changed my perspectives on a lot of things and I'm still having many doubts with his arguments. I'm at the point of knowing that I must try it out before jumping into conclusions however.

tara

knockinondoors said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/98150/ I will be starting another thread soon, but I wonder where i should put it..testimonials or ask for advice?

Discovering Ray Peat has really changed my perspectives on a lot of things and I'm still having many doubts with his arguments. I'm at the point of knowing that I must try it out before jumping into conclusions however.

If you want to keep a running log of ideas and progress, I'd suggest posting in Logs. Sems good to m if you want to keep your whole picture together in one place.
If you want to focus specifically on the eczema, you could post in Rash/hives.
If you have questions or thoughts in other specific areas, see if there's a suitable subforum (these have been updated recently, and some thereads are being sortied into the new categories).
If you have a specific limited question that doesn't have a more natural home, you could try Ask for help/Advice.

It makes sense to me to approach new/challenging ideas here with enough of an open mind to consider them, and enough scepticism to apply your own observations and thinking to what you adopt. You can take your time and try out the things that seem to make sense to you. I'd definitely recommend that over instantly adopting extreme versions of all the (often contradictory) advice you can find here. :)

If you haven't already, I'd recommend reading/listening to Peat's articles and interviews, so you get an idea of how he thinks, not just other people's interpretations.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals