Is Cotton and Leather the only safe clothing materials ? What do people think of Cashmere/wool/linen ?

JamesGatz

I'm sure many of us know how toxic/estrogenic these plastic/synthetic fibers are such as polyester, nylon, and these acrylic blends are - the new trend I see in clothing is recycling material so I see a lot of clothes boasting how it was remade from plastic water bottles which does not seem good at all - especially in the winter I see these fleece blends get quiet popular and many times these are polyester blends

download.jpg

I do feel good with all of my clothes 100% cotton and my boots/shoes are full leather - Nike and other exercise shoes seem to be made from polyster or other estrogenic materials so I don't like wearing them

I have done some experimentation with Wool and don't like it - it makes me feel a bit itchy - I think it is allergenic to me - I am very allergic to the pet dander that cats give off so I wonder if these other materials made from animals are allergenic as well such as wool, cashmere, or material sourced from other plants such as linen - does anyone have experience with this ?

477334244_fb34fe6b5a_z.jpg

Cashmere seems to be made from goat hair (Cashmere goats)

cruelty+cashmere+goat.jpg

Black_cashmere_goat_doe.jpg

Something about the cashmere goat appears very high-status - especially when compared to other goats - I wonder if the cashmere coating has any specific effect on its hormonal profile

When I compare to other goats - the cashmere goats seem to be high progesterone - I do see cashmere associated with wealth a lot - I wonder if this material has a positive effect on one's hormonal profile

1200px-Hausziege_04.jpg

Linen seems to be made from the flax plant - I am pretty sure flax seed is estrogenic so could this have any relation to how linen affects one's hormonal profile

Grow-Your-Own-Linum-usitatissimum.jpg

Last edited:

Lilac

I have a lot of vintage clothing from the 1950s and 60s in my house, and the labels clearly state "new wool" or "virgin wool." Back then, ordinary people knew that these materials were superior to clothing made from second-hand wool (from the "rag and bone man" perhaps?). Imagine the inversion of logic to be touting "recycled plastic" as the material. Consumers thinking they're being "green," when really they are laying a toxic brew on their skin.

There is a thread somewhere on the forum with a post from Haidut specifically warning about the toxicity of mixed plastics. You don't know what might in there. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

I love all naturals. Linen being an exception as I find it too rough.
Yes I am not fond of the texture of linen either - I'm wondering if the flax plant itself is estrogenic
I have a lot of vintage clothing from the 1950s and 60s in my house, and the labels clearly state "new wool" or "virgin wool." Back then, ordinary people knew that these materials were superior to clothing made from second-hand wool (from the "rag and bone man" perhaps?). Imagine the inversion of logic to be touting "recycled plastic" as the material. Consumers thinking they're being "green," when really they are laying a toxic brew on their skin.

There is a thread somewhere on the forum with a post from Haidut specifically warning about the toxicity of mixed plastics. You don't know what might in there. Avoid, avoid, avoid.
Yes I definitely agree - these big corporations like Nike and some clothing companies I see doing it more and more to be more green - when I buy clothes and shoes the only main thing im looking for is that 100% cotton or leather line in the description

Cloudhands

ive been wearing alpaca wool, its super soft and warm, and fairly affordable, and the indigenous style shops that sell it usually make stylish clothing options

Cloudhands

i buy organic cotton online and my gf sews shirts and pants out of it, and ill even wear it as a base layer underneath estrogenic materials to limit contact with skin

akgrrrl

This is what I am teaching right now.
The younger generations have not been privy to the INFINITE variaties of
Silk
"Wool"
Linen
Hemp
Cotton
Cashmere
Angora
Mohair
Leathers, suede, nubuck
And countless fur fiber blends.
They have no idea what it is, how it is made, what the purpose is for each type, and how to clean or care for it.
Sad really, to have been a nation that produced so many healthy, functional, fabulous textiles now wearing toxic plastic. Yeah, polyester was costing manufacturers a nickle a yard in the 1960s and they sold a lot of clothes @1000% profit. Tough to go forward after that era.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

This is what I am teaching right now.
The younger generations have not been privy to the INFINITE variaties of
Silk
"Wool"
Linen
Hemp
Cotton
Cashmere
Angora
Mohair
Leathers, suede, nubuck
And countless fur fiber blends.
They have no idea what it is, how it is made, what the purpose is for each type, and how to clean or care for it.
Sad really, to have been a nation that produced so many healthy, functional, fabulous textiles now wearing toxic plastic. Yeah, polyester was costing manufacturers a nickle a yard in the 1960s and they sold a lot of clothes @1000% profit. Tough to go forward after that era.
Oddly enough - I've bought clothes that were 100% cotton but still bothered me/were allergenic - usually the softer cotton material does this - when I buy cotton canvas or cotten mesh it feels a lot better I am not sure what it is it's an odd thing - I do find it interesting that the cashmere goats look high progesterone I do want to experiment with cashmere but I'm not sure if I have some lying around I'm going to have to check

K

Kayaker

Cotton has pesticides. Organic cotton doesn't, but can have dyes and bleaching agents.

ilovethesea

This is a good post:
View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CGQKQrwgNXD/

This is not real life. You have only ever known the slave farm. You are only allowed to travel to other parts of the slave farm but you have never been outside of the slave farm.

Inside this slave farm, everything is weaponized to shorten your life span and cause as much suffering as possible. The human genetic potential is 142 years old. I have many friends and family who didn't even reach 30 years old. The air, the food, the water, media/music/tech, your clothing, your shoes, even the paint on your walls is weaponized against you.

It's no accident that rubber soled shoes block the electrons from the Earth and that these are the only shoes available in stores (your ancestors wore leather).

It's no accident that most of the clothing in stores is made from toxic, carcinogenic fibres like nylon, polyester, rayon and acrylic, that reduce sperm count in men.

This has all been done intentionally to slowly wipe out your blood line...or quickly, depending on how many of their weapons you choose to accept.
It's been blood lines against blood lines since the beginning of time. You were born into a holocaust system.

The enemy of humanity is very religious. They know the spiritual laws of this Universe and they manipulate them for their own power. One law is that this is the free will dimension. There are benevolent spiritual forces which exist to protect humanity, when we are faced with injustice that goes against our free will. Believe that! They need your consent to poison and kill you, which is why they do everything right out in the open, right in front of your face. Just read a vaxxeen packet insert for example.

They have trained you to consent and pay for your own death by poison. You pay for the cereals full of toxic heavy metals, you buy the carcinogenic clothes and rubber soled shoes, you pay for the movies that program you and warp your reality, you pay for the pasteurized milk and vegetables which sterilize you. Every time you choose and pay, you give your consent.

For clothing look for linen, silk, cotton, cashmere, hemp or wool. Arm yourselves with knowledge and use your consent wisely.

Love,

Kaleigh ❤

#organic
#organiccottonclothing
#silk

AncestralJoy

Absolutely love silk. I always keep an eye out for silk pieces in op shops and have some silk shirts and a dress. Just lovely fabric.

recently moved into a tiny house and had to through out 80% of my clothes lol. Which didn't end up being such a bad think considering how many turned out to be awful blends. So much of the "cosy wear" is polyester. Threw all that out. Now my clothes are a mix of cotton wool and silk items all of which I love.

I also got a moccasin tutorial from a girl I met and have been making for myself and my family leather moccasins. My little sister now wears them all the time and loves them too.

I would suggest wearing cotton under wool if it causes issues. I never wear wool directly on my skin but find its warmth invaluable. I simply wear it as a top layer over softer cotton.

These are the moccasins I made. They're life changing
Screenshot_20211016-103557.png

AncestralJoy

I
Absolutely love silk. I always keep an eye out for silk pieces in op shops and have some silk shirts and a dress. Just lovely fabric.

recently moved into a tiny house and had to through out 80% of my clothes lol. Which didn't end up being such a bad think considering how many turned out to be awful blends. So much of the "cosy wear" is polyester. Threw all that out. Now my clothes are a mix of cotton wool and silk items all of which I love.

I also got a moccasin tutorial from a girl I met and have been making for myself and my family leather moccasins. My little sister now wears them all the time and loves them too.

I would suggest wearing cotton under wool if it causes issues. I never wear wool directly on my skin but find its warmth invaluable. I simply wear it as a top layer over softer cotton.

View attachment 30804
should add though leather and I guess any I've the above natural fibers are not necessarily safe depending on how they're processed or in leathers case tanned.
Snares are everywhere

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

View attachment 30804
Very nice - I suspect I will have to do something similar - I did just notice that almost every shoe out there has a rubber sole - I wonder how a leather sole would hold up on all this concrete - the tumbled leather looks very nice - quality always feels and looks better than the smoother leather

AncestralJoy

Very nice - I suspect I will have to do something similar - I did just notice that almost every shoe out there has a rubber sole - I wonder how a leather sole would hold up on all this concrete - the tumbled leather looks very nice - quality always feels and looks better than the smoother leather
Well after using them on and off for years since I met her I can tell you they're okay on concrete though its much nicer to walk on something else.
i remember reading about how leaving car batteries directly on concrete can drain them and that can someone relate to us as energetic beings (could have been a scam article who knows) but I certainly relate to that drained feeling being in a city. We're now in the country and walking on grass and dirt is fantastic

the one downside of leather shoes is the wet. They do soak up the wet. I havent tried to water proof them with bees wax as I'm assuming it would be getting rubbed off on the ground anyway so that's the only thing I've found as a downside.

even walking on concrete your foot feels alive though so I would still choose these. It affects your posture and walking and everything so the benefits imo still outweigh the concrete crappiness

Luann

So glad someone is talking about this!
Cotton is treated with more pesticides than most food crops, if I remember correctly.
I adore linen and wool. They are cozy and sustainable. People in the most humid AND dry AND cold climates wear wool, it is truly versatile, and it evolved literally to keep mammals comfortable. Linen is anti-microbial, and stronger than cotton which means lightweight and cheap :hearteyes:. It would be wonderful to have the price of hemp clothes come down as well.

Ben.

I

should add though leather and I guess any I've the above natural fibers are not necessarily safe depending on how they're processed or in leathers case tanned.
Snares are everywhere

That doesn't make things easier ... how does a customer determine their "natural" clothing was not subjected to harmfull processes and chemicals?

Similar to food this sounds like the best thing to do would be to make it myself from scratch.

PhilParma

Does anyone know of stores/vendors that specialize in safe/natural clothes? I would also be interested in guides/sites/books or anything informative like that.

I threw out or sold most of my polyester/synthetic clothes a couple of years ago, but I still haven't replaced many of them because clothes made of good natural materials are so expensive. So I've been riding my old cotton clothes into the ground.

AncestralJoy

Yeah I agree, @Ben. I grew up in Zimbabwe on a game farm where they just put salt on the raw hides when they skinned the animals but that didn't tan them exactly it just preserved them into stiffer leather that could be used as leather hide carpets. I looked into the tanning process and what was recommended online was a lot of chemical things which didn't sound great. I may pursue that sometime when I have a bit more access to raw hides.

Ideally one would have access to manufacturing ones own everything though it would take a full time life lol. Here in NZ where I am I could be making my own woolen things from local sheep (I did learn to spin yarn years and years ago)
So I guess I could do leather and wool. Wouldn't have a clue how to get into the linen cotton or silk though that would be cool

@PhilParma yeah I hear you on the price. I've gone halfway getting a couple of replacements of 100% cotton things but they're not organic... I find opshops quite helpful for this although mileage may vary. I'm assuming even if an item from an thrift store isn't organic cotton the first owner hopefully got most of the absorption done for me. There can be some great quality items with really nice fabric but I have heard some people say they don't like how much searching it takes. Its a bit of a treasure hunt pastime for me so I enjoy the process.
I'm sure there are many great companies making healthier clothes, I've seen many of them myself. I just haven't found any that stand out for affordability unfortunately

Ben.

How can you tell a goat's progesterone level by looking at it?

That skill unlocks upon reaching the peatarian level 5.

Kidding aside, i think describing things in terms of hormones or neurotransmitters such as "being in a high androgen state" or "obviously a low thyroid serotogenic beta male" in regards to certain looks or personality traits are realy wierd ways to talk and look at the world personally.

Altough the first time i observed it i found it to be kinda funny.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom