Intranasal testosterone to restore T levels to high normal range

Hans

Forum Supporter
An interesting study found that just 11mg of T intranasally per day was effective at increasing to the normal high range.

Here is a part of the abstract. I can't get access to the full study.

"The purpose of this study was to develop a single-dose administration protocol using intranasal testosterone that would produce a proportionally similar rise in testosterone for both sexes. We found that an 11 mg intranasal testosterone dose in men and a 0.3 mg dose in women raised testosterone concentrations to the high normal physiological range for each sex, producing similar dose-response dynamics in both sexes." (R)

Lancaster

There you go bud — will give it a read myself later tonight.

Attachments

• Development of a single-dose intranasal testosterone administration paradigm for use in men an...pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 102
OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
There you go bud — will give it a read myself later tonight.
You da man! Thanks.

So the increase doesn't seem to be as high at that dose and it goes back to baseline just after 2 hours.

"Based on the EMMs from the best fit model for men, men's testosterone concentration increased by 57% ([6.95 ng/ml − 4.42 ng/ml] / 4.42 ng/ml * 100), 76% ([7.80 ng/ml − 4.42 ng/ml] / 4.42 ng/ml * 100), 77% ([7.82 ng/ml − 4.42 ng/ml] / 4.42 ng/ml * 100), and 46% ([6.47 ng/ml − 4.42 ng/ml] / 4.42 ng/ml * 100), at 15, 30, 60 and 120 min after testosterone administration, respectively."

Intranasal T.jpg

Ingenol

11mg is a huge amount of test to be back to baseline after only 2 hours. TRT protocols are usually 100-200 mg/week split into 2-7 doses.

Last edited:

pyr0maniac

I know they are referring to a gel in this study, but could one replicate the results by dissolving testosterone base powder in MCT and deliver via a nasal spray? MCT because it is quite thin and would not block the spraying mechanism. Possibly with the addition of Isopropyl Myristate to make it less oily and enhance absorption. Or am I speaking garbage?

Andman

I know they are referring to a gel in this study, but could one replicate the results by dissolving testosterone base powder in MCT and deliver via a nasal spray? MCT because it is quite thin and would not block the spraying mechanism. Possibly with the addition of Isopropyl Myristate to make it less oily and enhance absorption. Or am I speaking garbage?

in theory it should work, but im not sure if its worth the effort seeing as test base works great via oral and/or transdermal route

golder

in theory it should work, but im not sure if its worth the effort seeing as test base works great via oral and/or transdermal route
I know it seems a bit superfluous, but I would actually be really keen to see if we could make a nasal solution. Anyone got any ideas of safe ratios, carriers, ingredients to get the right consistency!

Makrosky

Oh well... I don't have TRT but I am now interested on snorting some DHEA or Androsterone and see what happens since it goes straight into the brain.

Oh well... I don't have TRT but I am now interested on snorting some DHEA or Androsterone and see what happens since it goes straight into the brain.

I have snorted both and it is the same feel of effects only they come on "stronger" or "heavier" at first likely, kinda like binge drinking booze to get the buzz to swoop in faster.

Snorting DHEA was not too different than just eating it "effects-wise."

Andro snorted was too sedative like -- just made me tired and sluggish/weak. Also dealing with that smell of it in my nose for hours was not ... Enjoyable much to say, but it definitely had some more punch to it snorted vs. just rubbed on skin.

One fantasic thing to consider snorting when in need is aspirin -- at least one good experience there.

Makrosky

I have snorted both and it is the same feel of effects only they come on "stronger" or "heavier" at first likely, kinda like binge drinking booze to get the buzz to swoop in faster.

Snorting DHEA was not too different than just eating it "effects-wise."

Andro snorted was too sedative like -- just made me tired and sluggish/weak. Also dealing with that smell of it in my nose for hours was not ... Enjoyable much to say, but it definitely had some more punch to it snorted vs. just rubbed on skin.

One fantasic thing to consider snorting when in need is aspirin -- at least one good experience there.
Oh really? Aspirin? haha But you have some USP one or do you use the pharmacy ones? Because those have lots of fillers and additives. Very interesting though. What do you experience with it?

I liked pregnenolone powder intranasally a lot. And also lugol diluted in water.

Thanks for the feedback mate.

A.R

Anyone actually try this? I’ve seen somewhere people getting positive results taking insulin intranasally.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals