Inosine - widely used in Europe? Liposomal? Also, found something about inosine & microbiome

daphne134

I'm interested in what people have been saying here about inosine's unique ability to lower catecholamines.
I was "discussing" with ChatGPT and it mentioned inosine is widely used in Europe.
I'd love to hear from anyone who lives where it's commonplace - what is it used for? is it prescribed? etc.

And how does it come - is it liposomal? The US has one main brand, Ecological Formulas / Cardiovascular Research - liposomal inosine, which is great, but there's also silicon dioxide and mag stearate in it. There are only a couple other options -- Pure Bulk has it with no other ingredients. I'm wondering whether to keep getting the one with excipients since it's liposomal and does seem to help me settle at night. Seems better to have some silicon dioxide and a good night's sleep.

I just did a search and found this though: Inosine: novel microbiota-derived immunostimulatory metabolite
And searched for that strain and seems like it might obtained via kefir. But that would be a hit-or-miss way to go about getting inosine since you never really know what strains are present.

OP
D

daphne134

@haidut has discussed the potential benefits from inosine. It seems that its short half life can limit its helpfulness except when combined with xanthine oxidases, such as allopurinol.

I have read everything that's been posted here about it. Mainly I'm trying to figure out if liposomal with excipients is better than PureBulk, for lowering catcholamines at bedtime. And I'm curious if ChatGPT is correct in saying that it's commonplace in Europe.

BTW it was also said that the short half-life claim is incorrect and it's actually 15 hours - search "inosine half-life" here on this site.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom