Pol-Sci

Forum Supporter
I recently encountered the work of Iain McGilchrist on brain research and it's implications for society and am finding many remarkable similarities to Ray's approach to and philosophy of science . There are differences too, but much of his material has made me wonder if Ray was reading Iain's work and visa versa. Iain has an extensive youtube page, and his discussion with Alex Gomez-Marin outlining all the chapters of his this most recent book is excellent. Here's the link to the introduction :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2ygDb2CozE
There's also a good interview on unherd's youtube page, which relatively quickly summarizes some of the signifincant points he is making if anyone wants a quick idea of what he is talking about.

bell

I recently encountered the work of Iain McGilchrist on brain research and it's implications for society and am finding many remarkable similarities to Ray's approach to and philosophy of science . There are differences too, but much of his material has made me wonder if Ray was reading Iain's work and visa versa. Iain has an extensive youtube page, and his discussion with Alex Gomez-Marin outlining all the chapters of his this most recent book is excellent. Here's the link to the introduction :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2ygDb2CozE
There's also a good interview on unherd's youtube page, which relatively quickly summarizes some of the signifincant points he is making if anyone wants a quick idea of what he is talking about.

Definitely one of my favourite authors - well thought out. I think he's really on-point about one part of us (right brain) getting sidelined by the other.

What's interesting, is in my case, I've often felt I'm stuck in the right brain - can see so many things at once, and sometimes it's hard to focus down to the details and sequencing things. And I've wondered if this was serotonin-related (perhaps just a correlation, not necessarily causation).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom