I feel like I can’t breathe

I also believe based on my own experience that acidosis raises serotonin levels. For me, lowering serotonin levels with peppermint oil or cyproheptidine significantly boosted the effectiveness of thyroid and everything else.
That's correct.

Metabolic acidosis lowers the bicarbonate pool( which will increase bodily acidity, even though the ph of the blood won't change much) and increase cortisol. Cortisol activates the enzyme that produces serotonin. Serotonin, of course, will have all those bad effects we heard about from Peat and haidut: lowered metabolism( due to PDH inhibition), increased lactic acid formation( for the same reason), muscle loss, lower CO2, autistic- like behavior, etc.

The acetate ion gets metabolized into bicarbonate, increasing the bicarbonate pool, lowering cortisol and so on.

Tarmander

I am not aware of the sodium acetate from Nathan. Can you point me to more resources on that? Thanks

Where did you get it and how are you taking it?

Try dropping all your supps, I had that problem turned out to be a supp I was taking, they really are mostly toxic from what peat has said

OP
S

stsfut

Lactic acid? Georgi recomended methylane blue
Very well could be but I just don’t understand why. I’m not working out now because I know that I can’t handle that metabolically right now.

OP
S

stsfut

Tried reducing it to zero? And then seeing if it disappears within 24-48h? What is your dose & is your neck feeling tight?
I have not tried that yet. I hate thinking of gasping for air all night be ause I know that will happen.

OP
S

stsfut

I am not aware of the sodium acetate from Nathan. Can you point me to more resources on that? Thanks

Where did you get it and how are you taking it?
It is simply mixing vinegar and baking soda. I then apply that solution to milk. I think what was recommended waa about a tspn of bakibg soda then add vinegar until it stops bubbling over.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
S

stsfut

Update to all: I took some pure T3 and for the first time in like weeks I feel I can naturally breathe and relax. WTF! I think for some reason I am suddenly not converting T4 (I’ve been taking a mix of NDT/T4)

tallglass13

Carbon dioxide retention also causes a shortness of breath, panic attack feeling. Heroin users get this a lot in the emergency room.
If you're eating a ray diet, I'm assuming you're eating a lot of sucrose which forms carbon dioxide. But if you're not blowing it off from walking around or being active, then the retention can cause panic attacks. COPD people like my father gets it, and I see him blowing off CO2 basically hyperventilating. But he needs to do that. I found that the more carbohydrates I eat the more active I should be and need to be. I think Ray would agree with this, try going for a long walk in the sunshine when feeling like that you should feel better.

Nemo

That's correct.

Metabolic acidosis lowers the bicarbonate pool( which will increase bodily acidity, even though the ph of the blood won't change much) and increase cortisol. Cortisol activates the enzyme that produces serotonin. Serotonin, of course, will have all those bad effects we heard about from Peat and haidut: lowered metabolism( due to PDH inhibition), increased lactic acid formation( for the same reason), muscle loss, lower CO2, autistic- like behavior, etc.

The acetate ion gets metabolized into bicarbonate, increasing the bicarbonate pool, lowering cortisol and so on.

Thank you for this explanation, Rafael.

Nemo

Carbon dioxide retention also causes a shortness of breath, panic attack feeling. Heroin users get this a lot in the emergency room.
If you're eating a ray diet, I'm assuming you're eating a lot of sucrose which forms carbon dioxide. But if you're not blowing it off from walking around or being active, then the retention can cause panic attacks. COPD people like my father gets it, and I see him blowing off CO2 basically hyperventilating. But he needs to do that. I found that the more carbohydrates I eat the more active I should be and need to be. I think Ray would agree with this, try going for a long walk in the sunshine when feeling like that you should feel better.

I used to get this reaction (hyperventilating) a couple of months after cancer surgery and getting into serious Peating when I'd eat too much sugar right before bed.

I had no idea what the hell I had done. Thanks for the explanation, tallglass.

mostlylurking

I’ve been taking allithiamine as well (w/ magnesium). I don’t eat a ton of white rice. Probably more worrisome is my alcohol consumption. I’m something of a binge drinker, partier type still in my 20’s. Outgrowing it though.
But are you taking enough thiamine for whatever your issue may be? The feelings of hypoxia sure sound like a thiamine deficiency/blockage to me. For around 6 years I took about 100mg thiamine HCL and my thyroid supplement (+ other B's, magnesium, etc.) and felt pretty good. But then last summer I got slammed via taking a round of Bactrim antibiotic, known for blocking thiamine function. It really laid me low; I was trapped in the cancer metabolism with a lot of lactic acid pain and brain fog. Now I've worked my way up to taking 2 grams of thiamine HCL daily. Sounds like a horse dose, but judging from the benefits I've experienced it is exactly what I need. It took me about 6 weeks to work up to 2 grams; I didn't do it overnight.

gaze

If you're eating a ray diet, I'm assuming you're eating a lot of sucrose which forms carbon dioxide. But if you're not blowing it off from walking around or being active, then the retention can cause panic attacks. COPD people like my father gets it, and I see him blowing off CO2 basically hyperventilating. But he needs to do that. I found that the more carbohydrates I eat the more active I should be and need to be. I think Ray would agree with this, try going for a long walk in the sunshine when feeling like that you should feel better
you don't have to walk off carbs to "blow off co2". when sugar is not being metabolized properly, it produces lactic acid, which displaces co2 and causes panic attacks. your body actually needs more co2 in that scenario which is why bag breathing helps. proper glucose metabolism should create body heat, and deepen relaxation and breathing. walking increases body heat and helps the digestive system, which helps proper burning of sugar, but if you're metabolically healthy with good thyroid you can be 100% sedentary and properly burn the sugar. i agree however that too much sucrose at once may cause more stress which increases lactic acid

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Re: allithiamine: Can you please explain this comment?
I am seeing people run into issues with it. I think HCl is probably much safer. I think the fat soluble B1's may lead to toxicity issues and also more prone to cause deficiency issues in other areas. Not sure if I am correct but that is the way I am leaning right now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals