How To Make Vitamin D Work?

duckduck

In this video she says that her sickest patients needed to take up to 30.000 IU daily for a year after which tapering down to 10.000 IU. The most convincing research shows everyone needs 10.000 IU daily (from sun, food or supplement). Your 400 IU causing any kind of issue is a clear sign of absolutely severe deficiency and metabolic problems. You live in severe hibernation metabolism and any attempt at restarting normal function is too much stress for you to handle.

I recommend you try LE's multivitamin or similar proper product with broad spectrum of sufficient doses to try correct whatever is wrong. It has enough vitamin D to get you started, but after some time as things normalize you should target that 10k IU.
But is it safe long term if you get more than 2 grams of calcium every day?

rei

From what i remember reading it's worse if you don't get enough. I drink at least 1 liter milk, otften 2 per day and take 10k with only benefits. That's 1.5-3 grams calcium from milk alone. At the moment i don't take K2. And only occasionally magnesium, because i honestly have not really seen benefit from it. If i were to experiment with 30k daily i would probably take both of them just to be safe, but 10k is perfectly safe dose, there exists zero adverse effect in literature from that dose.

duckduck

From what i remember reading it's worse if you don't get enough. I drink at least 1 liter milk, otften 2 per day and take 10k with only benefits. That's 1.5-3 grams calcium from milk alone. At the moment i don't take K2. And only occasionally magnesium, because i honestly have not really seen benefit from it. If i were to experiment with 30k daily i would probably take both of them just to be safe, but 10k is perfectly safe dose, there exists zero adverse effect in literature from that dose.
Thanks. I get about the same amount of calcium daily. I took just two days off from vitamin d supplement and I'm already feeling like shyt, so tired. I'm gonna hop on back to at least 5k per day.

DrJ

What if taking 10,000 IU D3? What about 20,000 IU? 30,000 IU? 50,000 IU?

I don't think anyone really knows since I don't know of any experiments at those levels of intakes. My personal experience is that I felt better when I brought my vitamin D and A levels into line. I seem to do best with 5k IU vitamin D and 25-40k IU vitamin A daily, but I will take one day off from that a week. Are you trying to restore vit D level or something? Did you get it measured?

baccheion

I don't think anyone really knows since I don't know of any experiments at those levels of intakes. My personal experience is that I felt better when I brought my vitamin D and A levels into line. I seem to do best with 5k IU vitamin D and 25-40k IU vitamin A daily, but I will take one day off from that a week. Are you trying to restore vit D level or something? Did you get it measured?
No, I am just wondering how the ratio adjusts as vitamin D increases.

Sunrise

In this video she says that her sickest patients needed to take up to 30.000 IU daily for a year after which tapering down to 10.000 IU. The most convincing research shows everyone needs 10.000 IU daily (from sun, food or supplement). Your 400 IU causing any kind of issue is a clear sign of absolutely severe deficiency and metabolic problems. You live in severe hibernation metabolism and any attempt at restarting normal function is too much stress for you to handle.

I recommend you try LE's multivitamin or similar proper product with broad spectrum of sufficient doses to try correct whatever is wrong. It has enough vitamin D to get you started, but after some time as things normalize you should target that 10k IU.
What changes the metabolism away from hibernation mode?. Which other modes can you identify orndescribe. I find it fascinating

duckduck

You said that optimal A to D ratio is 5-8 times more A than D. You do realize that 40k IU of vitamin A is 12 000 mcg and 5k IU of D is just 125mcg. Your calculations are way off buddy, IU is a made up unit to make people fear large doses of vitamins. I mean 125 micrograms is a tiny amount, but if you say 5000!!! UNITS, holy shyyyyyyyyt that's a lot!

rei

What changes the metabolism away from hibernation mode?. Which other modes can you identify orndescribe. I find it fascinating
Sunlight is what we have evolved to use as signal, and vitamin d supplementation mimicks it during winter.

Sunrise

Butngornsome people that signal maybe dont create immediate reactions. For example But if someone gets too much sun and its metabolism is still in hybernation, can it be similar to taking to much D when metabolism is.inhulybernation?
Sunlight is what we have evolved to use as signal, and vitamin d supplementation mimicks it during winter.

Ben.

This video was very intriguing. Thank you. Considering i have tinnitus, watching this i feel like i should do more work towards improving my sleep and breathing habits.
Not sure if the masks could help to maximise "sleep repair".

There is one thing that confuses me tho. I know people that react instantly very badly to vit d. atleast trough oral supplementation and 10k IU sounds like its realy high.
The same goes for the calcium recommendation. I checked what is recommended, something like 1g for the average joe and compared to the foods that contain it and in which amounts ... yeah that doesn't add up at all.

Unless one consumes alot of dairy or insane amounts of green veggies ... i don't see how one reaches that, especially if dairy can't be consumed and ofc according to peaty spheres veggies are mostly bad ....

Supplementing eggshells doesn't seem very logical either from an ancestral pov imo. Btw what are LE's multivatin's?

Ben.

Where did you take the calcium recommendation from? I just said that you need enough in combination with vitamin d and what i personally get without problem (2 grams daily on average). 1+ should be ok.

This is the multivitamin: Two-Per-Day Capsules | Twice-daily multivitamin & mineral supplement big bottle | Life Extension Europe

The german society for nutrition (idk if i translated that correctly) recommends ca. 1g calcium per day for grown ups (not that i necessarily believe in "official recommendations" anymore).

The youtube algorithm works quick. After your linked video (which is 5 years old) ofc i get another one recommended and i had to click it (its more recent):

She goes a bit more into practical detail here that even with optimal vitamin d levels there is something missing. More theory about how vitamin bs and the gut microbiome fits into this. I like her thought process and ideas, but also how she is very open minded and is honest to the fact that "we" don't just kno yet how all of thoose things realy work. Wether her ideas are true idk. She says herself thoose are conclusions based on observation and trying to make sense of thoose.

OP
U

ursidae

Seems like the reason was indeed my calcium deficient diet. I started taking 750 mg calcium sulphate per day and I’m now tolerating 2500 iu okay. I’m not going over that. I was afraid of increased intestinal absorption of calcium, so I lowered my intake with not much result. Then lowered it even more and started supplementing oral magnesium and doing magnesium baths. I felt even worse so I increased those and started getting heart palpitations, drinking a glass of dairy relieved those quickly
I chose that form of calcium because it’s recommended for skin problems in homeopathy even though I think it’s messing up my digestion a bit. I’m getting eye twitches since starting it so I assume I’ve made myself deficient in some other sh*t now but it’s nothing like those severe reactions there used to be

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals