How Often Do You Eat Liver?

CrystalClear

Hi Logan, I have been eating 45 g of liver each week for about 6 months. I don't think it is enough. I haven't noticed any improvements.

Frankdee20

I don’t see the point in eating an ounce a day. Grab some deliciously tender calf’s liver if available, and sauté like 8 ounces of that ***t with onions, peppers and potatoes. Have it like once a week, it won’t kill you.

Luann

I aim for roughly an ounce a week but don't usually achieve that.

dbh25

A kg per month, but that is liver, heart, kidney, tongue, etc whatever gets in sausage or pate

tara

At best, 2-3 x/wk, ~150-200g/wk.
Sometimes don't get round to it for a bit, then miss it and resume.

4-6 oz a week. It never gets any easier.

Always with coffee too

i used to have to soak it in milk overnight and completely cover it in onions just to eat it without puking at first, now i can defrost and cook it without any seasoning at all with no problems, i actually kind like the taste now oddly enough

Luckytype

i used to have to soak it in milk overnight and completely cover it in onions just to eat it without puking at first, now i can defrost and cook it without any seasoning at all with no problems, i actually kind like the taste now oddly enough
So bad. I sometimes just blend it with my coffee and slam it down

Fred

I buy sliced frozen liver (Tender Year, or Skylark brand) from Walmart. Tastes way better than the liver I was getting from Whole Foods.
I let the liver thaw *partially* for 15-30 minutes so it can be cut into tiny cubes (1/4" cubes, give or take).
You can cut an entire pound like this in 10 minutes.
Then place 1 or 1.5 ounce portions into little ziploc bags and put them back in the freezer. The whole process takes 40 minutes, including the cleanup -- tops. Thaw out a little bag every other day or so and you're good for almost a month
The best part.... you can just spoon it in your mouth raw and swallow it with some water ... maybe in 3 spoonfuls and you're done. No additional prep time or cooking.
Liver is pretty bad tasting (especially if it's not frozen quickly by the butcher), but honestly, I barely taste it at all using this method. Goes down real easy and if you chop it small there's no choking risk.

Last edited:

Birdie

I have calves liver sautéed with onion, cooked mushrooms, and a little bacon.. once a week or maybe 10 days. I love it cooked this way and I feel good energy immediately. We use half one day and save half for the next. Maybe 6 ounces total each.

SOMO

Once a week.

Huge beef liver, usually roasted in oven or breaded (gluten-free bread crumbs) and fried.

I actually enjoy the taste of liver, but can not imagine consuming it every day. It's really not that good and RP has said that every nutrient does not have to be consumed daily.

Herbie

Never,

Makes me dry reach, I tried it many times in many forms in different countries, chicken, beef, pork, including elaborate pate's with lots of herbs on bread with butter, the body doesn't want anything to do with it.

orangeUglad

2 ounce servings twice a week .. brown the liver with coconut oil..chop it into small pieces.. sauté some mushrooms and onions .. put everything together in one bowl with some broiled cheese on top .. not bad

zewe

Once per week calf liver. I've liked it since childhood....Out of 7 kids, I was Mum's best eater :rolleyes:

I saute' liver in uncured bacon fat with onions. If you'd like some gravy with it, use oat flour.

nintendo1889

I can't have buttermilk or any kind of dairy (slight allergy/sensitivity), which gets rid of the liver taste, so I don't eat it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals