How much are you willing to you spend on skincare?

Maximum price you are willing to spend skincare

• 0-15$

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • 15-25$

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • 25-40$

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • 40+

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
I’ve never tried a saturated fat, only olive oil or squalane. But I bet tallow would work melted?

I just massage on the oil, then gently remove it with a soft hot-water washcloth. I also lay the washcloth over my face afterwards. Sort of a steaming pore opener. Splashing cold water after would be good. I don’t think I usually do that but may start.
Ok I am gonna give it a try!

Your skin looks really good. You can also try some olive oil, a few drops on wet skin will work. Make sure to spread and massage it in. Make sure you really do it on wet skin though and let it dry by itself, do not use a cloth to dry the skin afterwards.
Have you tried coconut oil or tallow? Funny you would say that about drying the skin afterwards, cause I drip dry after a shower, I haven’t towel dried my body for at least 25 years. I don’t use soap on my skin either, only on my feet, private parts and arm pits. It has really saved my skin.

Jennifer

The questions is simple: how much are you willing to spend on a skincare product monthly (assuming 30ml lasts approximately a month).

No more than $15—that’s roughly what it costs me for a whole body cleanser made from soapberries, mineral sunscreen and 100x washed ghee with rose water for my face and décolleté, and monoï oil for the rest of my body.

dreamcatcher

It sounds a lot like what raw honey does. Most times I use Manuka honey. Interesting about using oil to cleanse ears and nostrils. Do you use beef tallow for that?
I normally use whipped beef tallow that I make at home.
Here are some links of the concept:

Peachy

Also, if you want to cleanse with water using the method you described, that could work. I think you just need to try it for some time and see how it goes, but I will still recommend using an actual leave-in / leave-on oil in very small amounts. See how your skin reacts to it. I find it very important to have my face moisturized, so if I use water regurlary and my skin feels somewhat dry, i just wash my face and put some oil on it and massage it in and leave it in (once again, very important to apply it onto wet skin). If you find that you used too much oil, you can just use more water afterwards and spread/wash it away by doing so. Then let it dry again by itself and do not use a cloth.
Good points. Usually I wear a little skin makeup so the oil would need to be removed but it feels soft after with a little witch hazel after. Maybe I’ll go on a no makeup kick and try just the oil.

I do think it also depends on skin type, how deeply your skin wants to be cleansed

I normally use whipped beef tallow that I make at home.
Here are some links of the concept:

Thank you!

I just did the honey mask, but a short one. Going to try a two-hour mask soon! Do you wear any skin makeup? I’m so inspired now to up my skin routine
I only wear a little Bare Minerals powder if I am going out, so my skin goes bare 3 to 4 days a week. I only wash my face before bed on those days, never in the morning. So my skin goes days at a time without touching it.

Last edited:

Peachy

I only wear a little Bare Minerals powder if I am going out, so my skin goes bare 3 to 4 days a week. I only wash my face before bed bed on those days, never in the morning. So my skin goes days at a time without touching it.
Love it. That’s my makeup philosophy as well. I just haven’t been as consistent lately. Thanks for the inspiration!

Nebula

The best thing I’ve found for my skin is regular steam room sessions. Opening pores and sweating in a humid room seems to distribute natural oils optimally and if my diet is high quality the fatty acids that are excreted are saturated and full of fat soluble vitamins, so it is as if I had applied a high quality skin cream. I spray on magnesium before entering the steam room. I’ve never liked the feeling of oily topicals and I like the way my body distributes natural oils better. The steam room just helps to remove excess oils and cleanse pores while distributing fresh clean sebum evenly.

A few times per week I also wash my skin with dissolved aspirin and diluted white vinegar. It seems to help exfoliate, keeps the skin mantle acidic, remove any pathogenic biofilm that irritates skin or cause odor, and reduce any inflammation present. Other than that I avoid using soap on my skin and very rarely find it necessary.

Last edited:

PeatyParty

I like Dermalogia Daily Microfoliant scrub. I use TNS serum and whatever I can get from sis who works for Lancôme. Staying out of sun has been helpful. This is my 71st bday pic taken a few months ago. I also use the old Tria handheld at home laser 2-3x/week. I would spend whatever it takes on facial products. Will not do Botox, fillers, etc. I used to work for a plastic surgeon and feel results are so variable depending on the healing process. I will reserve that for the point that even a botched surgery would look better than how I look at the time lol

Attachments

• A0D87D67-3B93-4DAC-8D63-AC2AAF673A6A.jpeg
    A0D87D67-3B93-4DAC-8D63-AC2AAF673A6A.jpeg
    458.5 KB · Views: 61
  • BBEE0624-107C-4C77-AA65-8C404202D099.jpeg
    BBEE0624-107C-4C77-AA65-8C404202D099.jpeg
    34.2 KB · Views: 61

PeatyParty

I should also mention that I do not use foundation - just a tinted moisturizer by Revision with a 45spf

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@PeatyParty and @Rinse & rePeat, y’all are both aging great. Sometimes I think I should focus on appearance more especially when I see pictures like both of yours. I stopped fighting the aging process a couple years back and just try to take care of and accept myself the way I am. I do think you both look younger than me and I’m 52!

Well, for starters it would depend on the product. A 30ml watery cleanser aint gonna last a month even if you only wash every other day, but an 30ml exfoliant that isn't volatile like Vitamin C is could last a year or more

I spend about a tenner on a 100ml oil cleanser by Hada Labo lasts me about 6-8 months ish

Bought a bag of alumina/corundum to mix into that oil cleanser which acts as a physical exfoliant that cost about 4 quid

The only chemical exfoliant i use at the moment is a 15% lactic acid solution from The Ordinary that cost 7 quid(nopes, yoghurt wont get you the same effects at all)

La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume with B5 is what i use as an occlusive moisturiser. Costs about 4 quid a tube but i've had the same tube since the beginning of last year and it's not ran out yet

Sunscreen...dun dun dun dun:eek: didn't need to buy this year but am using a chemical sunscreen SPF50 by Eucerin on the days i'm not working and out and about

That is all i am likely to spend on skincare this entire year which totals a bit over 20 quid

I like Dermalogia Daily Microfoliant scrub. I use TNS serum and whatever I can get from sis who works for Lancôme. Staying out of sun has been helpful. This is my 71st bday pic taken a few months ago. I also use the old Tria handheld at home laser 2-3x/week. I would spend whatever it takes on facial products. Will not do Botox, fillers, etc. I used to work for a plastic surgeon and feel results are so variable depending on the healing process. I will reserve that for the point that even a botched surgery would look better than how I look at the time lol
Oh my gosh girl you look fantastic!

@PeatyParty and @Rinse & rePeat, y’all are both aging great. Sometimes I think I should focus on appearance more especially when I see pictures like both of yours. I stopped fighting the aging process a couple years back and just try to take care of and accept myself the way I am. I do think you both look younger than me and I’m 52!
Make yourself a priority Blossom. I look and feel healthier now than I did 15 years ago, so it is never too late to start aging backwards!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Make yourself a priority Blossom. I look and feel healthier now than I did 15 years ago, so it is never too late to start aging backwards!
Oh, I do rest assured. I feel healthier now too I just stopped being overly concerned about my appearance if that makes sense.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals