Help on dissolving test base in Vit. E/EVOO

metamorph

Hi! I attempted to mix 1875mg of micronized test base into Tovovit for 2.5mg/drop. I was hoping to go even further to 3750mg (5mg/drop) but it hasn’t even dissolved at 1875.

I waited overnight to see if it would dissolve but it hasn’t. I heated it once last night and again today but that doesn’t seem to have helped.

If I use it who knows how much I’d actually be getting per drop….

Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 71EBA2FE-CC7F-45D2-B77A-49527CA25562.jpeg
    71EBA2FE-CC7F-45D2-B77A-49527CA25562.jpeg
    515.1 KB · Views: 19

AspiringSage

Hi! I attempted to mix 1875mg of micronized test base into Tovovit for 2.5mg/drop. I was hoping to go even further to 3750mg (5mg/drop) but it hasn’t even dissolved at 1875.

I waited overnight to see if it would dissolve but it hasn’t. I heated it once last night and again today but that doesn’t seem to have helped.

If I use it who knows how much I’d actually be getting per drop….

Any advice would be appreciated.

Normally, hormones are added to warm oil and aggressively stirred. You may also need to add 1% DMSO or ethanol. Commercially, benzyl alcohol and benzyl benzoate (the second ingredient in particular is best avoided) are used to increase the amount of hormone that will go into solution.

I use a Pyrex beaker and a coated magnetic stir bar on a heated magnetic stir plate. This allows me to limit additives to achieve a stable solution. The choice of carrier oil can also have an impact on solubility.

Edited to add: I’ve also experimented with water based vitamin B1 solutions using a stir plate.

Last edited:
OP
metamorph

metamorph

What did you do?

I'm assuming you just maxed out the capacity of the vitamin E, but I don't actually know how much it can hold, or how much of it is in Tocovit.
I heated it more and for a longer duration, shook and stirred the solution better.

Once the initial amount dissolved I increased it repeated the above and ended up with a 5mg/drop concentration.

OP
metamorph

metamorph

Normally, hormones are added to warm oil and aggressively stirred. You may also need to add 1% DMSO or ethanol. Commercially, benzyl alcohol and benzyl benzoate (the second ingredient in particular is best avoided) are used to increase the amount of hormone that will go into solution.

I use a Pyrex beaker and a coated magnetic stir bar on a heated magnetic stir plate. This allows me to limit additives to achieve a stable solution. The choice of carrier oil can also have an impact on solubility.

Edited to add: I’ve also experimented with water based vitamin B1 solutions using a stir plate.
That’s wonderful stuff. My concoction ended up dissolving pretty well. But, would’ve been far smoother with the accessories you suggest.

Attachments

• 83CFEB68-36AD-41E6-96BE-22976B11AEB4.jpeg
    83CFEB68-36AD-41E6-96BE-22976B11AEB4.jpeg
    408.2 KB · Views: 24
  • D0EDB343-84C0-4CB7-B967-6808221C5AC8.jpeg
    D0EDB343-84C0-4CB7-B967-6808221C5AC8.jpeg
    614.1 KB · Views: 25

brightside

I heated it more and for a longer duration, shook and stirred the solution better.

Once the initial amount dissolved I increased it repeated the above and ended up with a 5mg/drop concentration.
So what's the final concentration? Progest E is 10% I think and that equates to abut 3.5mg per drop. ( so this would be like 14%?) I might be wrong, I don't remember too well. 5mg per drop seems good, I'm curious if that's stable though. I've mixed some high concentrations in various solvents, but once they cool they fall out of solution.

OP
metamorph

metamorph

So what's the final concentration? Progest E is 10% I think and that equates to abut 3.5mg per drop. ( so this would be like 14%?) I might be wrong, I don't remember too well. 5mg per drop seems good, I'm curious if that's stable though. I've mixed some high concentrations in various solvents, but once they cool they fall out of solution.
15% with 5mg per drop.

You’re right. I should’ve let it cool considerably before adding it back into the original bottle.

10min later. Ok, so I emptied it back into the beaker after a few hours of it sitting. It’s cold and the test is still in the solution and hasn’t fallen out at all. Shined a light into the container and none is at the bottom. All good.

brightside

15% with 5mg per drop.

You’re right. I should’ve let it cool considerably before adding it back into the original bottle.

10min later. Ok, so I emptied it back into the beaker after a few hours of it sitting. It’s cold and the test is still in the solution and hasn’t fallen out at all. Shined a light into the container and none is at the bottom. All good.
Nice! Update a thread with results

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals