Help Me Reduce My Serotonin Levels

Constatine

Yes Nofap does help but its still not enough.
Just exposing myself to light where did this come from? it sounds like nonsense that it would reduce serotonin. Its probably by 0,0001% .
It doesn't decrease serotonin as far as I know (directly at least). It increases mitochondria health and stimulates the production of atp (in a process similar to photosynthesis). The primary reason serotonin is so detrimental is due to its inhibition of mitochondria respiration. Red light or near infared light works against this in a very direct way. Here is a good blog post on it that links plenty of studies: Valtsu's: The Therapeutic Effects of Red and Near-Infrared Light (2017) .

Makaveli

Progesterone
Thyroid (t3)
High quality protein nutrition
Niacinamide
Cyproheptadine
Raw carrots and cooked bamboo shoots
Avoiding fermentable fibers and starches
Theanine
Activated charcoal intermittently
CO2, high altitude
Caffeine
Aspirin
Sodium
Saturated fats
Collagen

lampofred

High caloric intake along with frequent feeding is the #1 thing that reduces symptoms of high serotonin for me, even more so than cyproheptadine which is supposed to a dedicated serotonin antagonist.

Meeting new girls comes in second place

NoFap comes in third place

Coffee, tobacco, Diamox, zinc, bromocriptine, cypro all come in fourth place (i don't recommend bromocriptine though, it's a very hardcore medicine that should not be used solely for lowering serotonin imo)

Supplements are often the least effective way of arriving at a result

Peat says the stresses of winter (darkness), declining food supply, and social isolation increase serotonin.

Last edited:

lampofred

Stop focusing so much on supplements and more on lifestyle

paymanz

Make sure you eating enough salt.

Keep your digestive tract clean(regular bowel movements) , a good thyroid fuction is important for it, and carrot salad,cooked mushrooms....

And light exposure also helps,it also removes free radicals from your body....

OP
M

member 6316

High caloric intake along with frequent feeding is the #1 thing that reduces symptoms of high serotonin for me, even more so than cyproheptadine which is supposed to a dedicated serotonin antagonist.

Meeting new girls comes in second place

NoFap comes in third place

Coffee, tobacco, Diamox, zinc, bromocriptine, cypro all come in fourth place (i don't recommend bromocriptine though, it's a very hardcore medicine that should not be used solely for lowering serotonin imo)

Supplements are often the least effective way of arriving at a result

Peat says the stresses of winter (darkness), declining food supply, and social isolation increase serotonin.
Is cypro the best serotonin antagonist? Many people use it but I have my doubts.

rmgwm

The amino acid Tryptohan eventually turns into serotonin. Tryptophan will not be taken into the brain if BCAA's are present (due to competition), so giant amounts of BCAA can deplete tryptophan and decrease serotonin by around 90% within 4 hours. You would have to stop exercising, because exercise allows the body to take up BCAA's into the muscle which would allow Tryptophan to be taken into the brain easily. This is explained here in this video by Dr Rhonda Patrick, a bio chemist.

Go to exactly 13 minutes 44 seconds and start listening.

Lucenzo01

The best way to reduce serotonin is to increase stomach acid. Megadoses of niacin are extremely useful in this regard. Not peaty but it works.

OP
M

member 6316

The amino acid Tryptohan eventually turns into serotonin. Tryptophan will not be taken into the brain if BCAA's are present (due to competition), so giant amounts of BCAA can deplete tryptophan and decrease serotonin by around 90% within 4 hours. You would have to stop exercising, because exercise allows the body to take up BCAA's into the muscle which would allow Tryptophan to be taken into the brain easily. This is explained here in this video by Dr Rhonda Patrick, a bio chemist.

DAMN! at what dosages

tara

I'd favour learning about serotonin and and seeing what you can do with improving nutrition and lifestyle factors before focusing heavily on drugs.

why? I have a mutation which my body produces too much serotonin its not my lifestyle.

Danny Roddy summarises:
'Serotonin can be increased several different ways:
  • Because the largest concentrations of serotonin are found in the intestine, foods that digest poorly or are irritants (gluten, carrageenan) can cause increased levels of serotonin (Peat).
  • Serotonin is bound in blood platelets. Platelets "spill" their serotonin when there is too little carbon dioxide in the blood (Martin, Peat).
  • Elevated free fatty acids ("burning fat for fuel") generates less CO2 than the oxidation of sugar and can increase the influence of serotonin (Peat).'
50k-hormone: Serotonin: The Misery Hormone — The Danny Roddy Weblog

Related articles on Peat's site:
http://raypeat.com/articles/article...es/serotonin-disease-aging-inflammation.shtml
Serotonin, depression, and aggression - The problem of brain energy.
Tryptophan, serotonin, and aging
Cascara, energy, cancer and the FDA's laxative abuse.

If you search Functional Performance Systems have pulled together a few papers on serotonin in various contexts.

OP
M

member 6316

are these worth trying
Aspirin
gelatin
Benadryl
resveratrol
Sodium
Collagen

BibleBeliever

Taurine has the same effect. Never tried BCAAs because they are so expensive; I always assumed eating proteins would cause the same effect. Or is the thought that BCAAs work stronger than just eating protein to get them?
Tryptophan Is Toxic To Brain; Taurine Reverses Toxic Effects

OP
M

member 6316

does thiamine reduce serotonin? or was it
Theanine?

Last edited by a moderator:

BibleBeliever

What is your diet? You should post all you eat regularly, maybe something you are having is dramatically increasing serotonin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom