Help For Anaesthesia Stress

walker_in_aus

Hi,

Has anyone got any tips for helping the body pre and post anaesthesia? I have to get minor surgery done (I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING TO AVOID but it's a fistula and they just don't really heal by themselves....) and I know I usually end up absolutely wrecked for months post General Anaesthesia. I am thinking of taking a dose of progesterone+Pregnenolone either the night before, on the morning and afterwards.
I don't personally know how anaesthesia works but I'd love some advice to help manage the effects.

P.S I have a fantastic red light panel so will be using that as a general health tonic a little more regularly post op.

How do you know the stress is from anesthesia. Surgery is incredibly stressful. I’m sorry you are going through this, it can’t be fun, just wondering. I like the pregnenolone progesterone idea.

Thoushant

It's a cocktail of different drugs depending on circumstances. Aim is to block pain, memory, and bodily secretions etc
Anesthesia - Wikipedia
I think if you ask your doctor what specifically would be used, you should have a better idea of what to tackle.

IMO I would make sure liver detox pathways are adequately supplied after, so just food that supplies the right amino acids, vitamins and minerals in sufficient amounts.

I think also halogens are used, wikipedia states it's to reduce bodily secretion(something bromide, in picture text), but I recall something with floride gasses, that affect the CNS. Either way, if there's a large amount of flouride or bromide, maybe some kind of detox after can help.

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

How do you know the stress is from anesthesia. Surgery is incredibly stressful. I’m sorry you are going through this, it can’t be fun, just wondering. I like the pregnenolone progesterone idea.
Haha oh the actual stress from the hospital visit I'm very aware of. I'm meaning more the specific response to anaesthetic drugs which depress me and leave me cold.

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

It's a cocktail of different drugs depending on circumstances. Aim is to block pain, memory, and bodily secretions etc
Anesthesia - Wikipedia
I think if you ask your doctor what specifically would be used, you should have a better idea of what to tackle.

IMO I would make sure liver detox pathways are adequately supplied after, so just food that supplies the right amino acids, vitamins and minerals in sufficient amounts.

I think also halogens are used, wikipedia states it's to reduce bodily secretion(something bromide, in picture text), but I recall something with floride gasses, that affect the CNS. Either way, if there's a large amount of flouride or bromide, maybe some kind of detox after can help.
Thanks, exactly what I'm looking for. I will give my liver some assistance and detox with a clay next week perhaps.

tara

Anesthesia - Wikipedia
+1

I don't think you need the one to make you forget what happened. I've heard reported that this can make it harder to work through and recover from the experience afterwards.
On the other hand, some people prefer not to remember.

Haha oh the actual stress from the hospital visit I'm very aware of. I'm meaning more the specific response to anaesthetic drugs which depress me and leave me cold.

Have you read the threads about Steve Richfield's thetemperature reset method? The guy that developed that method described somewhere how he thinks some people literally develop low temp patterns as a response to surgery etc. If you too mean this literally, I wonder whether there could be a case, once the surgery and any risks from it are past, of trying some specific techniques for restoring body temperature?

There is major distress in having physical procedures too - incisions - done to your body. That's why they drug you, because it's hard to get people to lie still and submit to that stress without drugs. But the stress still happens to your body, even if your conscious mind is not fully aware of it. If you can recover from that stress too, so much the better.

Hunches:
Lots of good nutrition before and after surgery. Remember healing uses energy. But don't force feed immediately after before or after surgery.

Maybe a good few goes at talking and laughing with people who can be relaxed enough with you about it it beforehand - if you can find some - especially any bits that you might have concerns about.

I would guess that having someone close with you while you notice how your body feels as soon as possible after you come out of surgery and as you are coming out of anaesthesia could be helpful for healing, especially if no-one including yourself tries to stop you from the physical trembling, crying, yawning, etc whatever it is your body spontaneously wants to do. You don't need drugs/shushing etc to shut down the body's recovery processes.

After surgery, get someone who you can connect well with to be with you as soon as possible after you come out, and tell them whatever you remember from before, during and after surgery.

I would guess that gelatin and vit C might be esp. useful, along with general nutrition. Vit C is needed for cell and tissue growth.
Vit E to prevent scarring? (There's a recent thread on types.)

No doubt there is plenty more, including from people with medical expertise, which I don't have.

OP
walker_in_aus

walker_in_aus

Thanks everyone for the advice. I got good nutrition in before and I've come out and been consuming beef broth, honey and Haagen-Dazs haha. I used double doses of pregnenolone and progesterone before and after and the nurses were really good at talking with me post anaesthesia. I've got sunlight soon after surgery and the morning after as well as red light on the area. Best recovery emotionally so far, and I didn't wake up and need any pain killers yet! Which is amazing considering they basically sanded out the inside of my anus and cut through it to the fistula. So far have taken vit C and lysine. It's going much better than similar surgery I had 6 years ago. Nutrition and environment has such a huge effect!

tara

Glad recovery is going well. :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals