Hair analysis results (very high LEAD if correct)

bluefish

I used a ARL (analytical research labs) hair test, and the professional Im working with told me Im very high in lead, so i started a lead detox program. I spoke with another professional recently and he wasn't familiar with this type of test, and suggested i do a blood test (quicksilver scientific brand) to check for the assumed high lead.

Here are my results... and love any feed back in general. Thanks

Ive definitely had some health issues and if these results point to anything I can fix , that is always a good thing.

Attachments

• hair101 copy.jpg
    hair101 copy.jpg
    533.8 KB · Views: 52
  • hair102.jpg
    hair102.jpg
    564 KB · Views: 50

TheSir

A blood test won't show much. The lead is in your tissues. It replaces calcium, zinc, copper, iron and chromium. You have a low na/k ratio which means low functioning adrenals. Adrenals are needed to eliminate toxic metals like lead. So your first step would be to work on that (if you have the full report from ARL, this is for which Limcomin is prescribed).

You're also close to crashing to a severe exhaustion pattern called four lows, named after the four electrolytes calcium, magnesium, potassium and sodium. Avoiding any further stress would be extremely important. You will know if/when the crash happens by a sudden drop in your energy levels and an appearance of other distressing symptoms. It's possible that you will crash into four lows anyway once you begin slowing down and healing.

Go with what your HTMA professional recommends, they're the only ones who know how to systemically interpret and deal with this stuff. Everyone else will be operating half-blind doing meaningless blood tests and basically throwing reatments at you hoping that something sticks.

Relevant reading:

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
I used a ARL (analytical research labs) hair test, and the professional Im working with told me Im very high in lead, so i started a lead detox program. I spoke with another professional recently and he wasn't familiar with this type of test, and suggested i do a blood test (quicksilver scientific brand) to check for the assumed high lead.

Here are my results... and love any feed back in general. Thanks

Ive definitely had some health issues and if these results point to anything I can fix , that is always a good thing.
Are you male or female? How long have you been doing your health building program? The hair test must be interpreted in conjunction with that. If you only just started doing health protocols and the metals are looking like this, it is one thing, but if this sample is taken 3 or 6 months into it, it is more likely you're excreting more metals as you have improved health, metabolism, vital reserve etc. Don't waste money on blood tests for metals.

It is good to do the hair test every 3-4 months to monitor the change in patterns. You may slip into 4 lows or other patterns for a while but if you're feeling better that may just be a temporary pattern so you shouldn't necessarily concern yourself or worry.

OP
bluefish

bluefish

A blood test won't show much. The lead is in your tissues. It replaces calcium, zinc, copper, iron and chromium. You have a low na/k ratio which means low functioning adrenals. Adrenals are needed to eliminate toxic metals like lead. So your first step would be to work on that (if you have the full report from ARL, this is for which Limcomin is prescribed).

You're also close to crashing to a severe exhaustion pattern called four lows, named after the four electrolytes calcium, magnesium, potassium and sodium. Avoiding any further stress would be extremely important. You will know if/when the crash happens by a sudden drop in your energy levels and an appearance of other distressing symptoms. It's possible that you will crash into four lows anyway once you begin slowing down and healing.

Go with what your HTMA professional recommends, they're the only ones who know how to systemically interpret and deal with this stuff. Everyone else will be operating half-blind doing meaningless blood tests and basically throwing reatments at you hoping that something sticks.

Relevant reading:

Well, I totally crashed last year, and didn't know what to do, I didn't know what was going on honestly.
Ive been working w someone for improving digestion, and then we just did the test, and started with the lead detox and also improving the adrenals.

Ive been getting out of my life/city (work etc), and spending time in Thailand etc as much as possible and that has been helpful also.

OP
bluefish

bluefish

Are you male or female? How long have you been doing your health building program? The hair test must be interpreted in conjunction with that. If you only just started doing health protocols and the metals are looking like this, it is one thing, but if this sample is taken 3 or 6 months into it, it is more likely you're excreting more metals as you have improved health, metabolism, vital reserve etc. Don't waste money on blood tests for metals.

It is good to do the hair test every 3-4 months to monitor the change in patterns. You may slip into 4 lows or other patterns for a while but if you're feeling better that may just be a temporary pattern so you shouldn't necessarily concern yourself or worry.
Im male.
I had digestion issues (in retrospect I was completely burnt out obviously), and I started working with her for this, just based on symptoms... since the beginning of this year.

I got the hair analysis results back a month or so ago (the hair was from probably back in March, it took me a while to send in the hair, anyways, so the results are based on hair from March, before I was doing any type of detox or on any specific health program), and we just started doing a detox program (in end of July), and trying to improve the adrenals etc.

Im continually feeling better, and more energy etc, which is a good thing considering I was at rock bottom not too long ago.

Thank I appreciate your thoughts and input.

OP
bluefish

bluefish

What foods do you eat on a regular or daily basis?
Ive been doing all the healthy foods for a while now. As in last few years at this point.

organic liver, beef, raw dairy, eggs ... cook at home a lot, not a lot of crap, ray peat influenced...

I did a food sensitivity test which , i tried out altering my diet based on that, which helped also... basically similar diet as mentioned above, but minus eggs, and less dairy from cows, or goat (I was doing buffalo dairy because cow, goat were high in the test results)

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
Im male.
I had digestion issues (in retrospect I was completely burnt out obviously), and I started working with her for this, just based on symptoms... since the beginning of this year.

I got the hair analysis results back a month or so ago (the hair was from probably back in March, it took me a while to send in the hair, anyways, so the results are based on hair from March, before I was doing any type of detox or on any specific health program), and we just started doing a detox program (in end of July), and trying to improve the adrenals etc.

Im continually feeling better, and more energy etc, which is a good thing considering I was at rock bottom not too long ago.

Thank I appreciate your thoughts and input.
So the metals are likely to go up even higher on subsequent tests, for a while anyway. Definitely looks like you had either increased toxic metal burden for a while or subacute exposure in the prior months. Hope she has you taking plenty of calcium balanced with mg and other minerals. Sounds like you need to do a herbal gut cleanse too. Several liver flushes will do you wonders also.

OP
bluefish

bluefish

So the metals are likely to go up even higher on subsequent tests, for a while anyway. Definitely looks like you had either increased toxic metal burden for a while or subacute exposure in the prior months. Hope she has you taking plenty of calcium balanced with mg and other minerals. Sounds like you need to do a herbal gut cleanse too. Several liver flushes will do you wonders also.
Ive been doing an enemas series (including coffee enemas), and yes, mg...

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
Ive been doing an enemas series (including coffee enemas), and yes, mg...
Calcium is super important as it displaces lead in bones. Likewise a deficiency in it and other minerals predispose to higher uptake and can worsen negative effects of toxic metals. I was running a lot of these ARL hair tests in 2019-2020 and the one common denominator in all folks was way sub-optimal mineral intake.

TheSir

Calcium is super important as it displaces lead in bones. Likewise a deficiency in it and other minerals predispose to higher uptake and can worsen negative effects of toxic metals. I was running a lot of these ARL hair tests in 2019-2020 and the one common denominator in all folks was way sub-optimal mineral intake.
Scenario: you're in four lows, which as you know indicates a high need for calcium, yet you're also maxed out in magnesium, no longer being able to take more than 200mg a day. Question: should you supplement calcium to the correct ratio (400mg), or in the indicated amount(1-2g)? This is my present dilemma.

OP
bluefish

bluefish

ok, I assume im getting decent minerals, based on a good diet, but other than that, im taking supplements suggested by the woman im working with that. What specifically were you doing to address the sub-optimal mineral intake, and since you made a point of mentioning calcium.. what do you suggest for calcium?

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
Scenario: you're in four lows, which as you know indicates a high need for calcium, yet you're also maxed out in magnesium, no longer being able to take more than 200mg a day. Question: should you supplement calcium to the correct ratio (400mg), or in the indicated amount(1-2g)? This is my present dilemma.
You're not really going to absorb all of the 200mg anyway, so I don't think it should be that much of worry. Also if you add a bit of extra calcium on its own, it's not like your body will say "No mate, wrong ratio, not gonna absorb this!" Example is milk, ratio there is pretty off I believe. So I think you're OK taking more mg.

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
ok, I assume im getting decent minerals, based on a good diet, but other than that, im taking supplements suggested by the woman im working with that. What specifically were you doing to address the sub-optimal mineral intake, and since you made a point of mentioning calcium.. what do you suggest for calcium?
I like the chelated can/mg from source naturals. With my clients I often add a number of things to complement liver and good food intake, at least for several months. Things like zinc, extra mg, selenium, that kind of thing mineral wise. Honestly I believe most people do very well with plenty of zinc for some time, but we monitor it closely and adjust often. The added support helps to get people out of the hump. Especially if the gut is dysfunctional, it really helps accelerate progress.

TheSir

You're not really going to absorb all of the 200mg anyway, so I don't think it should be that much of worry. Also if you add a bit of extra calcium on its own, it's not like your body will say "No mate, wrong ratio, not gonna absorb this!" Example is milk, ratio there is pretty off I believe. So I think you're OK taking more mg.
Sorry if I was was unclear. My point is that I'm not able to take more magnesium, because that 200mg is my current bowel tolerance ceiling. Originally I was able to take over a gram of mg a day (and still can if I take a few days off first), indicating that my stores are now full.

Now, I have no way of knowing if the same is true for my calcium levels too, i.e. if I'm equally topped up in calcium as I am in magnesium. Hence I have no idea if I should be taking:

A) 200mg magnesium with 400mg calcium
or
B)200mg magnesium with up to 2g of calcium.

So far I've done A, but I've been wondering if it could be slowing down my progress.

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
Sorry if I was was unclear. My point is that I'm not able to take more magnesium, because that 200mg is my current bowel tolerance ceiling. Originally I was able to take over a gram of mg a day (and still can if I take a few days off first), indicating that my stores are now full.

Now, I have no way of knowing if the same is true for my calcium levels too, i.e. if I'm equally topped up in calcium as I am in magnesium. Hence I have no idea if I should be taking:

A) 200mg magnesium with 400mg calcium
or
B)200mg magnesium with up to 2g of calcium.

So far I've done A, but I've been wondering if it could be slowing down my progress.
What kind of magnesium is it? Have you tried chelated? Never really seen issues with that one in terms of loose stools etc.

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
@bluefish if it makes you feel any better, your lead level is not that high..! :) Here is one we ran last month on a client...

1692017665913.png

TheSir

What kind of magnesium is it? Have you tried chelated? Never really seen issues with that one in terms of loose stools etc.
I've tried pretty much every type there is, same results. The only way to take more is to skip it for a few days, which makes sense because the deficit will be greater.

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
I've tried pretty much every type there is, same results. The only way to take more is to skip it for a few days, which makes sense because the deficit will be greater.
Well if your body is rejecting it then that needs to be respected, no doubt. If it was me I would probably continue taking the Ca and would try to add more magnesium rich foods to the diet. Not a fan of leafy greens but in that instance some cooked leafy greens would probably make it into my diet. Meat has quite a bit of bio-available magnesium so good to remember that too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals