Growing citrus in pots?

Donnea

Curious, is anyone growing citrus indoors?
For people that don't live in warmer areas where orange trees can grow outside year round, how well do they produce grown in pots indoors?
Maybe with grow lights? I'm sure something like Kumquats wouldn't be too hard to grow in a bright window or glassed in porch with grow lights?

Inaut

Curious, is anyone growing citrus indoors?
For people that don't live in warmer areas where orange trees can grow outside year round, how well do they produce grown in pots indoors?
Maybe with grow lights? I'm sure something like Kumquats wouldn't be too hard to grow in a bright window or glassed in porch with grow lights?
I hope to do something like this in Cananda (God willing) if I don’t end up leaving...

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD_3_gsgsnk&t=223s

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EZtE0iO3OIA

Surfari

Have you ever watched Gardner's World? - it's a British gardening show. They grow oranges and lemons in pots, and keep them indoors during the winter. Then put them outside when it's warm. I think it's worth trying.

SOMO

Lemons require a southerly climate so you have to keep them warm and well lit all the time. If you live in in a northern attitude it will be difficult unless you’re willing to invest in heat lamps

Lizb

I live in southern England. Lemon tree outdoors summer and in a cold unheated conservatory winter. Plant four years old had five lemons which we ate in march. It's in a pot.

Inaut

I live in southern England. Lemon tree outdoors summer and in a cold unheated conservatory winter. Plant four years old had five lemons which we ate in march. It's in a pot.
+1

OP
D

Donnea

Thank you all for your input. I'm going to give it a try! I have a glassed in porch (so lots of light) and if I leave that door open to the living room, it doesn't get too cold out there, even in winter. It's insulated. I'm going to set up some grow lights, and during the summer I'll move the plants out on the patio.
I'm going to start with 2 Kumquat trees and 2 Clementine trees. I'm excited about this! Thank you all :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals