Facial Symmetry And How To Improve It

sephyr

My face is very asymmetrical. It's more noticeable in pictures that's why I try avoid people taking pictures of me since I feel embarrassed. People have made fun of my face in the past so I decided to change my lifestyle. I exercise and lift weights now too. I read up quite a lot on facial symmetry but the information seems to be vague and I'm not sure what to trust. I thought I'd ask you guys who are more knowledgeable.

I started supplementing Vitamins K2, D, E, A and recently calcium carbonate.

K2 - 15mg (increased it three days ago, used to be 5mg).
D - 10,000iu
A - 5000iu
E - 600iu
Calcium carbonate - 2000mg (started supplementing last week)

I read that K2 and fat soluble vitamins are related to bone development but so far after 3 weeks of supplementing at these fairly high doses I feel nothing, no difference at all. I feel like I'm doing it wrong or maybe my facial asymmetry is 100% genetics and can't be improved via diet. Aside from supplementing I'm also following a good diet ofcourse.

Can anyone give an suggestions or words of advice. I feel like I'm wasting time and money on supplementation.

OP
S

sephyr

generally what I eat during a normal day:

- eggs
- OJ in the morning
- carrots
- potato
- meat (just lean meat)
- cherries for light snack usually

Well I'm new to peating so it's not much. But I avoid cheese/milk since it doesn't sit well with my stomach. I know you can reduce lactose intolerance but I'm supplementing calcium for now.

OP
S

sephyr

Hi sephyr,

How old are you?

I'm 19. A lot of teenagers care about appearance so I felt the impact of it as I grew up. Although now I want to look better and be more healthy for myself/confidence than to please others.

milk

I'm 31 and I'm seeing progress with mewing.

At 19 you're probably more likely to succeed.

allblues

I think chewing things to strengthen your facial and jaw muscles could help.

OP
S

sephyr

Have you read this thread yet?

Let's Discuss Sudden, Morphological Changes

Pregnenolone has a "face-lifting" effect for some people and may improve youthful appearance and tissue regeneration. Essential for cartilage formation.

Interesting. Lots of people seem to have experienced big changes.

I'm 31 and I'm seeing progress with mewing.

At 19 you're probably more likely to succeed.

I discovered mike mew around the same time I found Ray Peat. I didn't believe his theory at first but after 1 month or so I noticed my cheekbones underneath my eyes are more pronounced. It certainly helped a bit since my face looks a bit more angular. To be honest I mouth-breathed as a kid due to a deviated septum (can't breathe through my nose properly. I'm getting surgery for it in the summer).

The left side of my face looks good. I have a really thick and square jawline. My cheekbones and bones on my left side are well developed.
The right side of my face is another story. I look like a different person basically. I became so self-conscious which I know is not good. I am trying to improve this asymmetry via diet and oral posture.
I was wondering is there anything else that is related facial development. I am trying to lose body fat down to 10% (at 15% now) and increasing my sugar/salt intake to get rid of bloat on my cheeks.

zztr

I think chewing things to strengthen your facial and jaw muscles could help.

This. They even sell harder chewing gums for the purpose. Clock up a few hours a day chewing.

It's more noticeable in pictures

Figure out a good three quarter pose. You see this with celebrities all the time. Paris Hilton, for an example, has one eye noticeably different from the other when viewed in full face. So you will always see her posing in exactly the same three quarter position with her head slightly cocked.

OP
S

sephyr

If I start chewing gum should I chew more on my right side since that side of my face is severely underdeveloped compared to the left side.

milk

I was wondering is there anything else that is related facial development.

Forum member lyvsaur says his jawline improved after supplementing vit k2. Vit k2 mk4 is the recommended one around here, but lyvsaur makes a point of saying the mk7 in the Life Extension brand capsules might have helped.

I took the Life Extension complex for a while and I do think I saw some change for the better (used to have an ok jawline, then I got braces...), but I can't say for sure.

Pointless

omg dat eye

paris-hilton3.jpg

OP
S

sephyr

Thanks for the replies guys. One thing that did change and pretty unexpected is my eyelashes growing longer. My Ca levels may be too low since i avoided milk for my entire life. I'll try to balance my ratios.

sladerunner69

I would say the most useful tool for working on facial symmetry- with specific regards to bone structure- is just the classic ballpeen hammer. Thwack!

Herbie

Interesting. Lots of people seem to have experienced big changes.

I discovered mike mew around the same time I found Ray Peat. I didn't believe his theory at first but after 1 month or so I noticed my cheekbones underneath my eyes are more pronounced. It certainly helped a bit since my face looks a bit more angular. To be honest I mouth-breathed as a kid due to a deviated septum (can't breathe through my nose properly. I'm getting surgery for it in the summer).

The left side of my face looks good. I have a really thick and square jawline. My cheekbones and bones on my left side are well developed.
The right side of my face is another story. I look like a different person basically. I became so self-conscious which I know is not good. I am trying to improve this asymmetry via diet and oral posture.
I was wondering is there anything else that is related facial development. I am trying to lose body fat down to 10% (at 15% now) and increasing my sugar/salt intake to get rid of bloat on my cheeks.

Nerve supply to the face can effect how it appears perhaps check your spinal alignment out, google forward head posture, kyphosis, scoliosis.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals