F*** Portion Control supplements for free in canada

mbachiu

If anyone in Canada is interested in these supplements, I will send them to you for the cost of postage. I have two unopened cans of Blue Bonnet Brewer’s Yeast & an unopened package of apple pectin powder

Scenes

If anyone in Canada is interested in these supplements, I will send them to you for the cost of postage. I have two unopened cans of Blue Bonnet Brewer’s Yeast & an unopened package of apple pectin powder
Getting off the Nathan hatch train?

OP
M

mbachiu

Getting off the Nathan hatch train?
Haha been off it for a while lol. But if someone else is interested some of the supplements were really expensive & id be happy to give them away. If not, I’ll just dispose of them :)

Scenes

..and it keeps popping up. ?‍♂️

From now on, if you ever spot this icon..

:kiss

..remember that it's a sign alerting you of a possible knight in Sathan's service.
You strongly dislike the guy? I read his book, liked some parts, others seemed a huge stretch. He's way down the gut bacteria path now though which is an endless rabbit hole.

OP
M

mbachiu

..and it keeps popping up. ?‍♂️

From now on, if you ever spot this icon..

..remember that it's a sign alerting you of a possible knight in Sathan's service.
I wish I had never followed his advice. But I did. So, here we are.

Amazoniac

You strongly dislike the guy? I read his book, liked some parts, others seemed a huge stretch. He's way down the gut bacteria path now though which is an endless rabbit hole.
He's not evil, but in my opinion he's an appropriator and a gigantic charnathan.
I wish I had never followed his advice. But I did. So, here we are.
I think that his extreme self-absorbance makes him overly confident that what has worked for him will work on others. He also pieces elements from a personal approach that ended up inadvertently high in practically everything and pushes on people, these are risky in isolation and at best work only in such conditions.

He's an exhibitionist and the health message appears to be secondary, it manifests in his writings all the way through the cover of his erotic autobiography. Him and Garrett are the worst of what deserves consideration (because it's always possible to go lower).

I remember that this guy had 'You're doing it wrong.' as signature next to his picture where he's pouting with an elevated chin. It takes little effort to notice that people who are sick are often not doing anything wrong, quite the opposite, the approach is usually meticulous and things don't click. You may even find them wondering why their peers are careless and can get away with anything, while they do everything right and suffer the consequences from tiny deviations from the regimen. Of course if you'd ask him for an explanation he would reply that it's because your actual needs are not being met, in reality it's just another expression of his extreme self-absorbance in believing that he knows better than others, otherwise it would be something like 'Let's work it out together.', which implies that it's solvable, that there will be cooperation, there's no encouragement for transference of the responsibility, sets no submissive dynamic, and so on.

OP
M

mbachiu

He's not evil, but in my opinion he's an appropriator and a gigantic charnathan.

I think that his extreme self-absorbance makes him overly confident that what has worked for him will work on others. He also pieces elements from a personal approach that ended up inadvertently high in practically everything and pushes on people, these are risky in isolation and at best work only in such conditions.

He's an exhibitionist and the health message appears to be secondary, it manifests in his writings all the way through the cover of his erotic autobiography. Him and Garrett are the worst of what deserves consideration (because it's always possible to go lower).

I remember that this guy had 'You're doing it wrong.' as signature next to his picture where he's pouting with an elevated chin. It takes little effort to notice that people who are sick are often not doing anything wrong, quite the opposite, the approach is usually meticulous and things don't click. You may even find them wondering why their peers are careless and can get away with anything, while they do everything right and suffer the consequences from tiny deviations from the regimen. Of course if you'd ask him for an explanation he would reply that it's because your actual needs are not being met, in reality it's just another expression of his extreme self-absorbance in believing that he knows better than others, otherwise it would be something like 'Let's work it out together.', which implies that it's solvable, that there will be cooperation, there's no encouragement for transference of the responsibility, sets no submissive dynamic, and so on.
I couldn’t have said it better myself. You basically described 6 months of working with him in these few paragraphs

mrchibbs

In my opinion, one of the most important skills is to be able to take insights from different individuals without necessarily feeling the need to adhere to everything they say.

No one has the monopoly of knowledge. But everybody has unique insights and perspectives which are valuable.

I've bought FPC for precisely this reason, it's another perspective on many of the issues that I'm interested in.

Of course the main downside in his book is that there is no references.

Clearly there are some problems with this book, but you have to take some and leave some.

gaze

In my opinion, one of the most important skills is to be able to take insights from different individuals without necessarily feeling the need to adhere to everything they say.
for healthy person, this is an easy skill. For someone with chronic illness, this is just about the hardest thing to do. and he specifically tailors himself towards these sick people, and anytime health "coaching" is involved it becomes a bit predatory. Not to mention the things amazon brought up about him extrapolating what worked for him and using strong language to make it seem like the "truth". His views on iodine, gluten, pectin, can be debilitating to someone vulnerable but the way he talks about them blames the patient if it doesn't work.

Amazoniac

How would you react to someone telling you that he/she knows a person who has 'The cure for alcoholism, addiction, baldness, bacterial overgrowth, varicose veins, viruses, depression, hypothyroidism, diabetes, metabolic disease, cancer' and so on?

He has found a cure for all these multifactorial diseases in a period of a few years, it's remarkable. More so that he figured them out nearly all by himself since there's little to no credit given; sure, Raj and a few other renowned authors are mentioned here and there to avoid the absurd, but that's about it. Either a genius, a shameless appropriator or a gigantic charlatan. There must be zero copyrights.

Oftentimes people are lost and feel desperate, so they fall victims to these charlatans because their speech is attractive. Notice the strong attitude and language employ'd.

If someone finds a solution for a condition, the person is exceptional in the field (let alone multiple of them in a short time). Nevertheless, it's rare to be willing to put 'cure' next to the finding. The researchers that did it, usually devoted their careers to solve the condition, gathered enough confidence over time and weighed if the hope given to others is worth the unwanted attention. For exhibitionists there's no hesitation, they want to be under the spotlight at all costs and how they're going to achieve it is secondary; the person could be writing a book, but might just as well be performing to an audience.

mrchibbs

for healthy person, this is an easy skill. For someone with chronic illness, this is just about the hardest thing to do. and he specifically tailors himself towards these sick people, and anytime health "coaching" is involved it becomes a bit predatory. Not to mention the things amazon brought up about him extrapolating what worked for him and using strong language to make it seem like the "truth". His views on iodine, gluten, pectin, can be debilitating to someone vulnerable but the way he talks about them blames the patient if it doesn't work.

Good observation. You're absolutely right.

mrchibbs

How would you react to someone telling you that he/she knows a person who has 'The cure for alcoholism, addiction, baldness, bacterial overgrowth, varicose veins, viruses, depression, hypothyroidism, diabetes, metabolic disease, cancer' and so on?

He has found a cure for all these multifactorial diseases in a period of a few years, it's remarkable. More so that he figured them out nearly all by himself since there's little to no credit given; sure, Raj and a few other renowned authors are mentioned here and there to avoid the absurd, but that's about it. Either a genius, a shameless appropriator or a gigantic charlatan. There must be zero copyrights.

Oftentimes people are lost and feel desperate, so they fall victims to these charlatans because their speech is attractive. Notice the strong attitude and language employ'd.

If someone finds a solution for a condition, the person is exceptional in the field (let alone multiple of them in a short time). Nevertheless, it's rare to be willing to put 'cure' next to the finding. The researchers that did it, usually devoted their careers to solve the condition, gathered enough confidence over time and weighed if the hope given to others is worth the unwanted attention. For exhibitionists there's no hesitation, they want to be under the spotlight at all costs and how they're going to achieve it is secondary; the person could be writing a book, but might just as well be performing to an audience.
Yeah, I totally get it, it's not a good look to try to claim you have a ''cure'' but I guess it wouldn't sell well to say the opposite.

I just think we have to be careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water. I wouldn't recommend his book to anybody, but it's an interesting read nonetheless.

OP
M

mbachiu

Yeah, I totally get it, it's not a good look to try to claim you have a ''cure'' but I guess it wouldn't sell well to say the opposite.

I just think we have to be careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water. I wouldn't recommend his book to anybody, but it's an interesting read nonetheless.
Yeah I obviously thought his ideas were interesting or I wouldn’t have gone down that rabbit hole. And, to be honest, I think lots of his ideas are interesting. But, I am totally willing to throw this baby out with the bath water at this point.

mrchibbs

Yeah I obviously thought his ideas were interesting or I wouldn’t have gone down that rabbit hole. And, to be honest, I think lots of his ideas are interesting. But, I am totally willing to throw this baby out with the bath water at this point.

That's fine, but most of his ideas are still sound, just extrapolation of the bioenergetic point of view, he was a member of this forum for a long time afterall. So you'll find that a lot of what he talks about is still valid.

Broken man

I will play Devils advocate, even I dont like him personally, he had success with curing "thyroid cancer" which is huge.

LeeRoyJenkins

I will play Devils advocate, even I dont like him personally, he had success with curing "thyroid cancer" which is huge.
He got a lot of slack on that "fact" on FB (partially why he left as I understand it) - with some members asking earnestly as they were struggling with it - in his latest version of his book he quietly updates it to... "pre-cancerous."

I worked with him for about 18 months and share the same sentiments as the others here. His advice was interesting, sometimes helpful, always very aloof (which I understand why at times, but others, not at all). When I pressed him for citations/studies - he became rude (you can see on his blog comments). Also he refused to publish refutations to some of his blog posts (like his views on feminism) which were not negative, sourced, but countered his worldview. He's not someone that is going to integrate more perspectives from my experience and his claims of cures is downright insane. I was never cured of a single thing I went to him for (which he claims to have cured).

OP
M

mbachiu

He got a lot of slack on that "fact" on FB (partially why he left as I understand it) - with some members asking earnestly as they were struggling with it - in his latest version of his book he quietly updates it to... "pre-cancerous."

I worked with him for about 18 months and share the same sentiments as the others here. His advice was interesting, sometimes helpful, always very aloof (which I understand why at times, but others, not at all). When I pressed him for citations/studies - he became rude (you can see on his blog comments). Also he refused to publish refutations to some of his blog posts (like his views on feminism) which were not negative, sourced, but countered his worldview. He's not someone that is going to integrate more perspectives from my experience and his claims of cures is downright insane. I was never cured of a single thing I went to him for (which he claims to have cured).
+1 I also ended up with more health issues than I did prior to working with him. I am embarrassed that I stayed working with him for 6 months

Amazoniac

I guess the term is alright when you have one, but it shouldn't be used indiscriminately. What's wrong in curbing the sensationalism with 'Ideas/Suggestions for..'? No doubt it would sell, how are other authors earning money?

I will play Devils advocate

even I dont like him personally, he had success with curing "thyroid cancer" which is huge.
There's a difference between 'How I cured my cancer' and 'The cure for cancer & everything else', where half of the brief article is storytelling with past traumas, the rest are 3 supplements that will cure your condition. I'm all for simplicity and objectiveness, but this is delusion.

I remember leaving two comments on an article, one was recommending a publication about the effects of ascourgic acid on the response to endotoxins (something along these lines), the other was a free (and open) link to a comprehensive book on ascourgic acid for the audience to check out and learn more after reading his article. Needless to say that the book suggestion was too much and wasn't approved because it would probably divide the attention and take the shine off, he must have viewed it as a threat to his virtuosity.

Notice how when he used to be active here he had to unwillingly share the origin of his claims (many of which are mere variations of ideas proposed by others without giving them credit). The frenzy mode was possible once he left forum altogether to a moderated bubble where he could write about anything without being questioned and called out for it.

That's fine, but most of his ideas are still sound, just extrapolation of the bioenergetic point of view, he was a member of this forum for a long time afterall. So you'll find that a lot of what he talks about is still valid.
When I commented that I find him one of the worst of what deserves consideration, it's discounting the fact that Raj and others laid most of the foundation for him. If it wasn't for this, the guy would be going mad in his assertive conjectures.

This isn't good to cross the mind of health consultants because it can easily become an excuse to lack in commitment, but most of them are interacting with people who didn't succeed in personal attempts to solve their issues and the medical system wasn't helpful. They're not necessarily getting tough cases, but likely those whose solutions aren't evident. I'm mentioning this because a lower success rate wouldn't be surprising, the frustration may be projected on the consultant and it's expected that some of them will pop up when the person is criticized.

It's depressing to have bright members (such as Tierma*) with outstanding posts being forgotten while marketers such as this guy frequently brought up. I don't understand why people would seek him when other people who are more competent and humble are available. *I didn't mention Jorge because he already has a well-deserved popularity.

If you're concerned with that, I wouldn't be able to discourage people from getting to someone's writings by criticizing because it triggers curiosity, by discussing it I could in fact be promoting his stuff rather than letting it go to our dungeons. The most that I can accomplish is flagging this guy, which I consider a fair thing for someone that repeatedly asserts absurd things with a degree of confidence that only considerable self-absorbance can explain given how founded they are. This way people might approach with caution and from the start be wary that he could be more pompous than knowledgeable.

Cantonpixie

Hey everyone
I just came across this thresd and just want to say a big thank you to Amazon and mbachiu for sharing. I went through 3 mths with him and like mbachiu, I wish I had never followed his advice. I also share your sentiments of wanting to throw the baby with the bath water out. And I hope that this thread helps others avoid the pitfalls !

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals