Dietitians Are Taught to Promote a Certain Amount of Starch in the Diet

narouz

Amazoniac said:
Bananas taste better when they are not overripe, with some starch remaining in it. And babies tend to like them mashed.
I'm not a big fan of them though..

My friend likes his bananas to be very firm, like apples. :lol:

tara

My kids won't eat bananas unless they are still at least a little green.

tara

narouz said:
tara said:

Obviously you have not been spanking them enough, tara. :)
They think I'm the meanest mother on Earth as it is because I expect them to pick up their toys and clothes sometimes, and worse, restrict their time playing electronic games. :)

One of them is a starchivore, and the other more fruit and meat.

Amazoniac

tara said:

Exactly. There's probably a sweet spot where you get the benefits of RS, but not in excess to do harm.
If some people here consider starches toxins, exposure to those in small amounts might be beneficial in the long term..

Is the starchivore more sensitive/fragile than the other?

barefooter

Amazoniac said:
Bananas taste better when they are not overripe, with some starch remaining in it. And babies tend to like them mashed.
I'm not a big fan of them though..

I'm appalled by how people eat bananas. I see people around me eating super green ones all the time, and I'm thinking WTF they are missing out. I like mine all sugar, with some nice dark streaks on them, but before they start fermenting. But it has to be a good quality nice plump banana to begin with, because crap bananas do not ripen into anything that tastes good. If I'm really craving one and it's not ready, into the microwave it goes, and there is nothing better than a hot banana on vanilla ice cream!

The truth is the bananas we get in the US are complete crap. I've traveled a bit in tropical places, and they taste so much better than the deflated green ones off container ships.

Amazoniac

Unlike animal products, fruits and vegetables that we have here in my country are very high quality and most producers don't need to pick them while they aren't fully developed or very unripe to avoid loss of their produce. Yet, people prefer them when they are not overripe. Usually, when they are firm to the touch there are still some RS in it. And it doesn't matter if it's going to be eaten by itself, with others fruits or in a meal, most people prefer them that way..

OP
S
forgive them; for they know not what they eat :pray

tara

Amazoniac said:

Yes somewhat, in terms of having more frequent physical symptoms of distress.

Amazoniac

tara said:
Amazoniac said:

Interesting..
A few days ago there was a thread posted by haidut about a study suggesting that what we refer as addictive effects of sugar is just the need to keep stress hormones low. People that crave more sugar usually fit in that description.

OP
S
Amazoniac said:
tara said:
Amazoniac said:

Interesting..
A few days ago there was a thread posted by haidut about a study suggesting that what we refer as addictive effects of sugar is just the need to keep stress hormones low. People that crave more sugar usually fit in that description.

Hence "starchivore .... more frequent physical symptoms of distress"

Amazoniac

Such_Saturation said:
Amazoniac said:
tara said:
Amazoniac said:

Interesting..

Haha. Classic!

OP
S
Amazoniac said:
Such_Saturation said:
Amazoniac said:
tara said:
Amazoniac said:

Interesting..

Haha. Classic!

Do you too like to wander in the meander of a somewhat british brand of humor :mrgreen:

OP
S
Yes, he's the one with the high paying career and no time to buy actual food.

tara

Amazoniac said:
Tara, if you don't mind, is the starchevore the firstborn?
Yes.
I'd say there could be several factors involved.

1. Longer more difficult birth.
2. I think my diet was less adequate while carrying the first.
3. I had an injury that made it harder for me to carry and hold the first as much as I did the second in their first year.
4. My diet while breastfeeding was still fairly low sugar for the first. I had started to eat some, but I was more relaxed about it for the second. The second may have got more nourishing milk.
5. I had more fixed ideas about what was healthy and unhealthy food for them for the first - probably meant he was a bit more undernourished.
6. The first has had more severe knocks to the head. The second has had some too, but I think only the first has had a definite concussion.
7. Their lives have been different - I can't judge which has had more life stresses, since experiences of different conditions can be so individual.
7. Being first may have other stresses of its own, in part due to mother's body being less adapted for it.

I don't intend to limit starch consumption any more than I do at this stage, because first is rake thin and I don't want less food going in.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals