Dark Circles Under Eyes

Maybe just a guess but these things always look apparent on those with some underlying, suboptimal health "essence" of sorts. It's like the people who tend to have baggy under eyes, coloring, etc. also tend to resonate or give off that vibe of, "I'm not really at my best health, or I have some issue that's not solved yet physiologically."

I mean it could be one piece of the puzzle, but usually I don't see people who otherwise appear glowing, healthy and facially symmetric to a higher degree with odd, unfitting bags under the eyes that are of high significance. I have them, yeah, but clearly I'm not that healthy or something is otherwise subpar in that regard at least.

If it is catabolized skin, why not try topical gelatin? Has anyone experimented with that? Assuming it is skin thinning, perhaps gelatin applied under the eyes over a period of time can slightly remedy this? That or just highly savored gelatin consumption over time anyways. It possibly isn't just merely losing fat in that area since that area should have support from the zygoma/frontal cheekbones and the maxilla anyways. If the support is low then it's just telling you a possible culprit -- improper or just undesired facial structure development, again, also likely linked to metabolic strain, bioenergetic issues, deficiencies or otherwise suboptimal structure of your being in some hormonal, mechanical or otherwise degrading way. Allergies I've seen mentioned here, but that could entirely come down to your response rather than the allergen or such being a problem itself. Ray has mentioned the gut and others agreed, yeah -- but I still had the bags/sickly under eye look even when I was -- in my view -- in better health anyways.

lebanesegirl

Maybe just a guess but these things always look apparent on those with some underlying, suboptimal health "essence" of sorts. It's like the people who tend to have baggy under eyes, coloring, etc. also tend to resonate or give off that vibe of, "I'm not really at my best health, or I have some issue that's not solved yet physiologically."

I mean it could be one piece of the puzzle, but usually I don't see people who otherwise appear glowing, healthy and facially symmetric to a higher degree with odd, unfitting bags under the eyes that are of high significance. I have them, yeah, but clearly I'm not that healthy or something is otherwise subpar in that regard at least.

If it is catabolized skin, why not try topical gelatin? Has anyone experimented with that? Assuming it is skin thinning, perhaps gelatin applied under the eyes over a period of time can slightly remedy this? That or just highly savored gelatin consumption over time anyways. It possibly isn't just merely losing fat in that area since that area should have support from the zygoma/frontal cheekbones and the maxilla anyways. If the support is low then it's just telling you a possible culprit -- improper or just undesired facial structure development, again, also likely linked to metabolic strain, bioenergetic issues, deficiencies or otherwise suboptimal structure of your being in some hormonal, mechanical or otherwise degrading way. Allergies I've seen mentioned here, but that could entirely come down to your response rather than the allergen or such being a problem itself. Ray has mentioned the gut and others agreed, yeah -- but I still had the bags/sickly under eye look even when I was -- in my view -- in better health anyways.

I actually have a very recessed chin and protruding nose, which is tied to me being a mouth breather all of my life, and I've only been addressing this issue recently because no dentist or doctor has ever pointed it out to me. Now I make a conscious effort of breathing through my nose as much as I can, but that can't be controlled at night. I'm going to try taping my mouth at night soon. But yeah, I believe that the sinus issues, poor facial development, improper breathing are related somewhat and surgery might be the only way to properly deal with it.

Salome

I have been eating Peat style for around two months now. Like many people, I found Peat's work through Matt Stone. I followed his refeeding program for about 6 months after a year or so of low-carb Paleo and Crossfit workouts ( a combo that totally wrecked my body). Before low carb, vegan for about 2 years ( all sorts of veganism). I gained 50 pounds on Matt's plan, but considering how skinny on got on Paleo, it was a good thing.

Soooo, I feel better now. And I am not gaining weight on this diet. But, since day 1, I have dark circles under my eyes, which I never had, not even during my low-carb era. And, even though I have more energy, I still feel I am far from an optimal state.

Am I missing some nutrients? Am I mildly intolerant to milk and dairy? Am I drinking too much liquid? Is it the coffee? Is this a lack of calories? I am lost here.

Here's what my diet looks like :

1.5 quart of milk
1 quart of OJ
Fruits
Sugar 1/4 cup
Cheese (3/4 onces)
Eggs (3)
Steak (3 times a week)
Shrimp (2 times a week)
Oysters ( 1 a week)

Supplements :

10000 IU vitamin A
100 IU vitamin E
Aspirin 3
Vitamin K2 3
Hmm. I don't know. I used to have dark circles before starting progesterone, and now they are barely there. I also use a skin brightening cream (with vitamin c and collagen), not sure if it helped.

Ben.

I actually have a very recessed chin and protruding nose, which is tied to me being a mouth breather all of my life, and I've only been addressing this issue recently because no dentist or doctor has ever pointed it out to me. Now I make a conscious effort of breathing through my nose as much as I can, but that can't be controlled at night. I'm going to try taping my mouth at night soon. But yeah, I believe that the sinus issues, poor facial development, improper breathing are related somewhat and surgery might be the only way to properly deal with it.

There is this girl friend of mine who always has these dark circles under her eyes. She was diagnosied with hashimotos and is on lifelong levothyroxin (T4). She said before her thyroid issues she did not have them. She is also a chronic mouth breather (her words).

I believe scurvedream is right, there is something underlying that is causing it. There are alot of testimonials from coffee enemas to heavy metal detox to milk or parasite cleanses to liver cleanses ... i think the dark circles can have many causes ...

I think lebanesegirl, fixing the breath is a good approach!

Last edited:

golder

I know it's not going to help the route cause, but does anyone know a Peat approved ingredient topical cream that would help?

golder

A lot of under eye creams and serums use niacinamide and caffeine which are Peat approved more or less. There is areally good product by The Ordinary which contains 5% caffeine The Ordinary | Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG
Almost all of these ingredients look not pest approved whatsoever:
Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Urea, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Xanthan gum, Lactic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Propyl Gallate, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Benzyl Alcohol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol.

lebanesegirl

Almost all of these ingredients look not pest approved whatsoever:
Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Urea, Pentylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Xanthan gum, Lactic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Propyl Gallate, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Benzyl Alcohol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol.

You're right ahaha. When it comes to skincare I tend to be more lenient, it's not the cleanest product on the market.

GreekGod

I get puffy eyes from too much sodium. 2 to 3 tablespoons a day sounds like way too much salt to me

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
I have been eating Peat style for around two months now. Like many people, I found Peat's work through Matt Stone. I followed his refeeding program for about 6 months after a year or so of low-carb Paleo and Crossfit workouts ( a combo that totally wrecked my body). Before low carb, vegan for about 2 years ( all sorts of veganism). I gained 50 pounds on Matt's plan, but considering how skinny on got on Paleo, it was a good thing.

Soooo, I feel better now. And I am not gaining weight on this diet. But, since day 1, I have dark circles under my eyes, which I never had, not even during my low-carb era. And, even though I have more energy, I still feel I am far from an optimal state.

Am I missing some nutrients? Am I mildly intolerant to milk and dairy? Am I drinking too much liquid? Is it the coffee? Is this a lack of calories? I am lost here.

Here's what my diet looks like :

1.5 quart of milk
1 quart of OJ
Fruits
Sugar 1/4 cup
Cheese (3/4 onces)
Eggs (3)
Steak (3 times a week)
Shrimp (2 times a week)
Oysters ( 1 a week)

Supplements :

10000 IU vitamin A
100 IU vitamin E
Aspirin 3
Vitamin K2 3
One reason for dark circles under the eyes is liver dysfunction/congestion. I'd highly recommend looking into the liver/gallbladder flush a la Andreas Moritz's way of doing it (though my preference is to continue eating meat during the preparation phase).

Apple

Though not a general rule, low blood sugar can sometimes have a strong link with how you react to allergens.
Mosquitoes bites being one of them.
I used to discuss this with Ray and he confirmed that having a low blood sugar usually goes hand to hand with strong reactions to bites, allergen in foods ect....
So I was wondering if your dark circles may have a relation with your blood sugar.
The mosquitoes bite test is one of the easiest way to get a clue on someone's blood sugar level.
A strong reaction being a good reliable indicator of low blood sugar.
What is considered a normal reaction to Mosquitoes bites ( for a person with normal sugar and good thyroid ) ?
Does hypothyroid person react somehow differently on Mosquitoes bites ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals