Daisy Cottage Cheese

i was reading the forum and that seems that Daisy is the most recommended brand for cottage cheese, because it is without gums, live cultures, or carrageenan. Is it still good to buy Daisy Cottage Cheese in 2023?

Also, my whole foods sells Good Culture Organic Cottage Cheese as well, but they use live cultures... is this too much of a concern?

And is it necessary to drain or no? ive heard mixed opinions on the draining...

What is your favorite brand? or do you make your own?

Last edited:

Jennifer

i was reading the forum and that seems that Daisy is the most recommended brand for cottage cheese, because it is without gums, live cultures, or carrageenan. Is it still good to buy Daisy Cottage Cheese in 2023?

Also, my whole foods sells Good Culture Organic Cottage Cheese as well, but they use live cultures... is this too much of a concern?

And is it necessary to drain or no? ive heard mixed opinions on the draining...

What is your favorite brand? or do you make your own?

It probably depends on the person, but I tolerate live cultures just fine and find it unnecessary to drain cottage cheese. I prefer Good Culture to Daisy, but do best on raw A2 dairy so I make my own cottage cheese or purchase it here:

supercoolguy

Ray was asked about Daisy brand CC. He indicated that it was not a well manufactured product.

He prefered or mentioned this Kalona brand.
Organic Lowfat Cottage Cheese

The only one I can find locally is Good Culture. It seems to be agreeable with my system.
I always Double Rinse the liquid away, no matter the brand.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I second Kalona. I think it’s a better choice than Daisy.

mostlylurking

I'm aware. I eat gelatinous foods daily and never supplement whey protein, nor do I suggest anyone else to. However, whey for cheeses/yogurts isn't concentrated and will have negligible serotonergic effects
OK, so it's the negligible amount of the stuff that makes it acceptable.

OP
Metabolism_Red
i tried the Kalona brand and its the best one i've had so far. Ray Peat right again.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals