Cardamom Could Be Great For The Gut

Mauritio

Yeah the drop in T3 in that study is likely a compensation mechanism due to a faster metabolism and so as much T3 wasn't needed. TSH didn't go up as there was no need to signal more production. Also the animals had more muscle and less fat due to the cardamom.
yes and in the other study I posted it actually seems really pro-thyroid.
When eating cardamom, should you only eat the seeds inside? Can it be eaten whole?
No idea tbh I just bought ground cardamom

Andro Chad

I‘ve been taken 7days straight 1 big heavy tsp cardamom per day. Its definitly raising serotonin! I saw @Mauritio mentioned it is MAO inhibitor. But dont know which. Ive been irritatible, very light sleep, heavy dreams, the fronthead is getting really heavy, very very light depression and anxiety and pressure on the temple (hope is the right translation) on the side of the head. I know this feeling from 10 years ago when I had really high serotonin.
The benefit was ghost whipes nearly yellow bowel movements. This was positive, but where did this come from? From the high serotonin?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I‘ve been taken 7days straight 1 big heavy tsp cardamom per day. Its definitly raising serotonin! I saw @Mauritio mentioned it is MAO inhibitor. But dont know which. Ive been irritatible, very light sleep, heavy dreams, the fronthead is getting really heavy, very very light depression and anxiety and pressure on the temple (hope is the right translation) on the side of the head. I know this feeling from 10 years ago when I had really high serotonin.
The benefit was ghost whipes nearly yellow bowel movements. This was positive, but where did this come from? From the high serotonin?
Did you perhaps experience some bloating and more gas than previously?
I'm sceptical that it's serotonin, rather perhaps a negative reaction to the fiber in cardamom.

Andro Chad

Did you perhaps experience some bloating and more gas than previously?
I'm sceptical that it's serotonin, rather perhaps a negative reaction to the fiber in cardamom.
More gas yes, bloating no. Maybe the fiber IDK, but it definitely raised serotonin. I know this feeling for sure. I thought I‘ve passed that since years, but all these symptons came back until I realized what happened. Everybody is talking about perfect bowel movements, ghost whipes etc. But what is responsible for this? More serotonin in the gut? @Hans

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
More gas yes, bloating no. Maybe the fiber IDK, but it definitely raised serotonin. I know this feeling for sure. I thought I‘ve passed that since years, but all these symptons came back until I realized what happened. Everybody is talking about perfect bowel movements, ghost whipes etc. But what is responsible for this? More serotonin in the gut? @Hans
Low gut inflammation is one of the key factors in ghost wipes.
How did you get high serotonin in the past? Were on your SSRIs?

Andro Chad

Low gut inflammation is one of the key factors in ghost wipes.
How did you get high serotonin in the past? Were on your SSRIs?
Yes I get high serotonin in the past without SSRIs 10 years ago and then I get prescribed for nearly 10 years to come off of this ***t. Now I feel exacctly like before I started back then i didnt sleep for 5 days after coming off cardamom. What would you suggest I topk epspm salt bath, baking soda much sugar. Yesterday I started with Activated charcoalbut didnt nothing helped me yet. I lay whole night in bed with literally Eyes open spinning from left to right. This morning I also got blood in my bowel movement

Last edited:
OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yes I get high serotonin in the past without SSRIs 10 years ago and then I get prescribed for nearly 10 years to come off of this ***t. Now I feel exacctly like before I started back then i didnt sleep for 5 days after coming off cardamom. What would you suggest I topk epspm salt bath, baking soda much sugar. Yesterday I started with Activated charcoalbut didnt nothing helped me yet. I lay whole night in bed with literally Eyes open spinning from left to right. This morning I also got blood in my bowel movement
That doesn't sound good at all and I think it's highly unlikely the cardamom caused that. Perhaps it was a contaminant.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
That doesn't sound good at all and I think it's highly unlikely the cardamom caused that. Perhaps it was a contaminant.
Are maybe cardamom is toxic.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Are maybe cardamom is toxic.
I'd say it's like most things. Oregano oil can help most people with SIBO and for someone else it can cause gut inflammation. Bulbine can help most people with premature ejaculation and might worsen delayed ejaculation for a small percentage of people.
It's too black and white to say that something is or isn't toxic.
Cardamom itself has been used for 1000s of years as medicine, and extreme side effects (as above) are extremely rare. But it's only medicine in the right context of someone who needs it.
A lot of people, who started using it after I talked about it, have told me that they notice benefits.

Andro Chad

I'd say it's like most things. Oregano oil can help most people with SIBO and for someone else it can cause gut inflammation. Bulbine can help most people with premature ejaculation and might worsen delayed ejaculation for a small percentage of people.
Cardamom itself has been used for 1000s of years as medicine, and extreme side effects (as above) are extremely rare. But it's only medicine in the right context of someone who needs it.
A lot of people, who started using it after I talked about it, have told me that they notice benefits.
This night I could finally sleep again. Also my libido was zero when I was on cardamom, finally is coming back a little bit. I think the quality of the product has nothing to do with it. it is a well known wholesale for organic teas and spices etc. I never had problems with their products, I also buy there raw chamomile to make tea. Its hard to know what caused all of this, but serotonin skyrocketed definetely. I took AC, Epsom Salt Bath, Carrot salad, sodium bicsrbonate much calcium from milk and cheese but the gamechanger was 800mg potassium citrate yesterday my brain fog lifted immediately.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Benefits from suppressing symptoms is not a benefit. It is kicking the can down the road. And you sound a lot like Ray Peat when something went wrong with a substance he was taking in. Example, when he would take "vitamin A" supplements he would say "oh its the excipients or the manufacturing" that was causing the reaction. When in reality "vitamin A" is a toxin and it was the toxin most likely causing him issues. Notice it was as he was getting older, which would make perfect sense as his poison "vitamin A" stores were filling up and he was able to handle less and less of it.

Andro Chad

Benefits from suppressing symptoms is not a benefit. It is kicking the can down the road. And you sound a lot like Ray Peat when something went wrong with a substance he was taking in. Example, when he would take "vitamin A" supplements he would say "oh its the excipients or the manufacturing" that was causing the reaction. When in reality "vitamin A" is a toxin and it was the toxin most likely causing him issues. Notice it was as he was getting older, which would make perfect sense as his poison "vitamin A" stores were filling up and he was able to handle less and less of
maybe the cardamom aggrevated some underlying issues with fungal? @Mauritio @Hans

Rish

I should go back to making Chai. Uses a lot of spices. Cardamom, cinnamon bark (not the Ceylon type, though I should look for one) clove bud, ginger, allspice, and one more spice I can't remember the name of. I use orange pekoe tea for best Chai. Then lotsa milk. And peaty too.

Come to think of it, it's very antibacterial. The tea is a biofilm buster.
Would love if you could share a recipe!

InChristAlone

Has anyone gotten healthier by taking more spice? I've never heard of it. Cinnamon is known to be toxic to the liver.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Benefits from suppressing symptoms is not a benefit. It is kicking the can down the road. And you sound a lot like Ray Peat when something went wrong with a substance he was taking in. Example, when he would take "vitamin A" supplements he would say "oh its the excipients or the manufacturing" that was causing the reaction. When in reality "vitamin A" is a toxin and it was the toxin most likely causing him issues. Notice it was as he was getting older, which would make perfect sense as his poison "vitamin A" stores were filling up and he was able to handle less and less of it.
We have a different perspective on things and it would take forever for me to write it down. Let's say someone has a fungal issue and cardamom fixes that, was that only suppressing symptoms? No ofc not. If I understand it correctly, you feel that all herbs are toxic? I disagree with that. Ofc I don't base my whole approach off that, but rather focus on calming the immune system, getting rid of oxidative stress and fixing nutritional deficiencies. That fixes the root cause. Herbs can help speed that up.

Andro Chad

Today i Have again blood in my stool. And since I took cardamom my tinnitus is worse. Then I found @haidut post today.

I have some famotidine laying around here, should I take it?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Today i Have again blood in my stool. And since I took cardamom my tinnitus is worse. Then I found @haidut post today.

I have some famotidine laying around here, should I take it?
Anything in your diet that could cause it? Do you also have diarrhea/loose stool?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom