Can Elevated Progesterone Aggrevate Or Cause Varicose Veins?

A-Tim

I can only report my observation. I had a period of high stress. I began to have new varicose veins and spider veins appear on my right leg. I'd had issues for years on my left leg (plus two surgeries), but nothing until this point on my right.

I decided to try progest-e. Took 10-20mg's for a few days with no memorable changes. I took 50'ish mg's and had a strange change where lying horizontally in bed left my large saphenous vein prominent/visible and loose. This was odd because usually that vein (and the other veins) had only been visible recently while standing (under the pressure of gravity), and it was always taut rather than loose.

Maybe a spurious correlation. I leave it to the reader to do with that information what they want. *shrug*

A-Tim

Last I checked there has been a general rise in varicose veins over several decades, similar to other chronic diseases. Not sure about a reduction in age for onset however, nor have I noticed a change in how common it is among young people. As for an increase in the last couple of years - a more likely candidate than the covid vax would be the sedentary lifestyle from covid lockdowns.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals