California Teachers Mandated to Get Vaccines, or Test Weekly: What would you do?

Ultimatum: Get vaccine, submit to weekly PCR tests, or quit a job you enjoy (teaching).

• Weekly PCR tests

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Get vaccinated

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Quit the job

Votes: 34 58.6%

• Total voters
OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

I took the test at a lowkey clinic when I first got hired cause it was required by the school. I just had to email them the pdf the testing site sent me. I probably wouldn't do this, but it doesn't seem like there would be anything stopping a person modifying the PDF to change the dates and re-sending it.

Either way I don't see a lot of people visiting a testing site every week and sending it to their workplace forever - I highly doubt this rule will stay in place and if it does - I don't see it being enforced at all (My principle never followed the school covid restrictions himself for example) . Either way I'm just the type of person to do everything I can (within legal boundaries) and if it doesn't work I would just let myself be fired if I could just move to a new location and continue my career - worst case scenario and there's a nationwide thing I have an interesting work history, so my choices of employment are large - I'm not really worried
I feel the same. I will do what I can (in line with the ADA stuff, seeing what happens if I don’t keep up with the weekly tests) and if I get fired, so be it. I’m still on the fence about getting weekly antigen tests, and I believe that the school or district should provide them for me if they want to mandate them. I shouldn’t have to re-register for a test every week. If that’s the case, I’ll let them fire me and I’ll figure out another plan with my life.

I appreciate your confidence that even if you lose your current job, you’ll find another way to work and be just fine. I feel the same, but it’s reassuring to hear it from others.

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

That may be, but still, demand it from your HR department. Don't make any assumptions. They wanna try to get you take the demonvax? At least make them jump through the hoops they are supposed to jump through. Also, I think you should read and know the policy before making ANY decision, unless you're just gonna straight up quit.
I see. I’ll draft out an email with all the questions I have, any policies and information I’d like to see from my district itself, and see what they say. Thanks. I won’t straight up quit, but I may non-comply until they ask me to leave. And if it comes to that, I’m okay with it.
The ADA isn't about "vaccination," per se. It's about protecting the rights of the disabled. That would include harassment about your (private) medical history. How is this not a major invasion of privacy? "Submit to these dangerous, unapproved drugs, or we will invade your health privacy every week!" You're telling me that's not "harassment" or "coercion?"

As for what is covered and what isn't, it's written so widely, that practically anybody could be. No specific conditions are listed. It's only worded to include things like "Major Life Activities." It does seem to be, according to some sources-

Regardless, the only accommodation you are looking for would be for them NOT to violate your right to keep you private health and medical history private. It's a suggestion from JJS, a consult with him could be a good idea, depending on your situation.
I need to take a closer look through the ADA documentation to understand it better. I always thought it was more about protecting disabled from having to undergo certain workplace routines and demands, but from what you’re saying, it’s more about protecting disabled people from having to submit private information about their health, OR having to undergo procedures that might harm their quality of life. Like you said, protect their rights in general.

Thank you for that article about IBS and disability — I will probably use that as my basis of/when I try to take refuge under ADA with my district.

Sefton10

The below tweet might be useful. I agree with @tankasnowgod as in refuse but don't quit. Put the onus on them to fire you. Worst case, medium term there will be legal cases coming down the pipe you could jump on. At least in future if going for other jobs you were fired for standing up for your principles, which will become a rare quality.

For what it's worth I work in HE and have applied for voluntary redundancy. I am refusing to return to campus so if I don't get it they will need to fire me. There is twice weekly testing required to be on campus for the unvaxxed. Masks don't need to be worn in teaching rooms but they do when in other communal areas on campus. I refuse to participate in the ludicrous pantomime.

View: https://twitter.com/samanthamarika1/status/1423432767870685191?s=20

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

The below tweet might be useful. I agree with @tankasnowgod as in refuse but don't quit. Put the onus on them to fire you. Worst case, medium term there will be legal cases coming down the pipe you could jump on. At least in future if going for other jobs you were fired for standing up for your principles, which will become a rare quality.

For what it's worth I work in HE and have applied for voluntary redundancy. I am refusing to return to campus so if I don't get it they will need to fire me. There is twice weekly testing required to be on campus for the unvaxxed. Masks don't need to be worn in teaching rooms but they do when in other communal areas on campus. I refuse to participate in the ludicrous pantomime.

View: https://twitter.com/samanthamarika1/status/1423432767870685191?s=20

Thanks for sharing that graphic. I will ask those very questions. Twice weekly testing is just ridiculous. I applaud you for standing up and refusing to participate, it gives others (like me) the courage to do the same. The isolation game that the authorities play, where they make you feel ridiculous for refusing this stuff, like you’re the only one reluctant to play along, has stronger effects when no one in your immediate social circle feels the same way you do. That’s part of why this forum community is so valuable.

Elie

Forum Supporter
lawyer up together with other teachers to spread the cost and do crown funding if need be.

Expose the lack of reliability of the PCR

Expose the safety concerns of the vaccine

tankasnowgod

Well said. Obviously, I think these psuedo-vaccines are incredibly dangerous, but the idea of constant violations of private health information is just as big an issue. That's why I personally don't see constant testing as any sort of viable alternative. Especially with the reliability issues of tests in general, PCR in particular, and the potential invasiveness of the test.

Peater Piper

Governor Newsom has required vaccines or weekly testing. My concerns include that weekly PCR testing might be dangerous, if the swabs have graphene oxide, like some have claimed.

I’m definitely not getting vaccinated, so my options become: weekly PCR tests or leave the teaching profession, at least for a year. What would you do?

Who's going to be doing the testing? If you just need a result each week, then it would be pretty easy to schedule an appointment at a drive-thru clinic once a week and self swab. If someone else will be administering the swab at your place of work, then it's a little different.

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

Who's going to be doing the testing? If you just need a result each week, then it would be pretty easy to schedule an appointment at a drive-thru clinic once a week and self swab. If someone else will be administering the swab at your place of work, then it's a little different.
True, and it would buy some time without me losing my job. They still haven't disclosed exactly how they will test, but hopefully I can do my own oral swab and not even put the thing in my mouth.

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

Posted in the children vaccine threat too, but thought this relevant here:

Check out this consent form that they're giving to all students at my school. Parents just sign and then the kids get injected right on campus. By allowing parents to just sign, they make it easy. It's almost like "here just sign this real quick" and then, poof, your kid is vaccinated. With all the paperwork and signatures that we send home for school, most parents will probably sign this without even thinking about it. Many parents at my school don't even speak English, so I imagine they will sign this, giving the school power to round up their kids and inject them, while the parents don't even fully grasp what they've signed.

Meanwhile, no child has gotten sick so far this year, in a school of almost 2000 kids.

Student responses:
"No way I'm getting that"
"My dad definitely wouldn't let me get that"
"If I'm not sick, why would I take something [vaccine] that could make me sick?"
'Doesn't this hurt women for that thing?" (she meant fertility)

and...
"hey, stop with the antivax stuff in here"

Attachments

• Pzifer consent school form.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Ideonaut

Governor Newsom has required vaccines or weekly testing. My concerns include that weekly PCR testing might be dangerous, if the swabs have graphene oxide, like some have claimed.

I’m definitely not getting vaccinated, so my options become: weekly PCR tests or leave the teaching profession, at least for a year. What would you do?

for those who said they'd get the jab: Doctor Reveals: If You Took the Jab You'll Die Within 6 mo. to a Few Years. The Best Presentation I've Seen. (video 4 m)

belcanto

The school district I work for (not as a teacher), we had to do spit testing, so that's non-invasive. I can work up some spit once a week!

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

The school district I work for (not as a teacher), we had to do spit testing, so that's non-invasive. I can work up some spit once a week!
Definitely sounds like a better option than others! Are you concerned about shedding from students or staff?

Brandin

belcanto

Definitely sounds like a better option than others! Are you concerned about shedding from students or staff?
Not really from the kids, this district is TK-8, so I'm hoping they won't push the jabs for the middle schoolers. And the staff stay very far apart and are surrounded by plexi, lol. They also use $800 UV/HEPA filters in every room!

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

Not really from the kids, this district is TK-8, so I'm hoping they won't push the jabs for the middle schoolers. And the staff stay very far apart and are surrounded by plexi, lol. They also use $800 UV/HEPA filters in every room!
You are in a relatively good situation!

MichaelY

I live in NJ , Gov Murphy here just mandated the same ***t. My wife is a teacher and wishes to stay organic as long as possible. She just ordered a home testing kit, its an option here. Swab yourself and then send it out to the lab every week. Since mask mandates are back here with or without the vax, I ordered some nifty masks from fake mask usa. com, no spaces. They look like regular masks but are pretty much translucent ie breathable. Absolutely ridiculous world we live in now.

OP
Vileplume

Vileplume

I live in NJ , Gov Murphy here just mandated the same ***t. My wife is a teacher and wishes to stay organic as long as possible. She just ordered a home testing kit, its an option here. Swab yourself and then send it out to the lab every week. Since mask mandates are back here with or without the vax, I ordered some nifty masks from fake mask usa. com, no spaces. They look like regular masks but are pretty much translucent ie breathable. Absolutely ridiculous world we live in now.
Thanks for suggesting that at-home test kit. Did you wife have to buy hers? I'm thinking of getting those because I don't want to do a nasal swab, but they're like 150 bucks. Honestly I'm debating getting out of teaching anyway and starting a different (at-home) career path, so I might just refuse the nasal swabs and ask them to pay for my oral tests, and if they don't I might just make them fire me for refusing to comply. I've never done anything that radical though.

Lejeboca

That may be, but still, demand it from your HR department. Don't make any assumptions. They wanna try to get you take the demonvax? At least make them jump through the hoops they are supposed to jump through. Also, I think you should read and know the policy before making ANY decision, unless you're just gonna straight up quit.

The below tweet might be useful. I agree with @tankasnowgod as in refuse but don't quit. Put the onus on them to fire you.

+2 for do not quit. When/If they fire you file a suit for Breach of Contract: Nowhere in your contract it says that you have to submit yourself to weekly or permanent medical intervention. They cannot 'hide' this intervention into a new policy either b/c policies cannot be illegal and unconscionable. So they repudiate the contract.
Most likely, I will be doing this myself too as I won't be wearing masks since the mask creates a disability (obviously). Imagine, we have to even give lectures in masks!

MichaelY

Thanks for suggesting that at-home test kit. Did you wife have to buy hers? I'm thinking of getting those because I don't want to do a nasal swab, but they're like 150 bucks. Honestly I'm debating getting out of teaching anyway and starting a different (at-home) career path, so I might just refuse the nasal swabs and ask them to pay for my oral tests, and if they don't I might just make them fire me for refusing to comply. I've never done anything that radical though.
Change of plans, she found a pharmacy close to our home that does walk in testing with no wait, insurance accepted. She was debating doing the home testing kit bc of wait times at the Dr office, even with an appointment scheduled sometime it was an hour wait. The pharmacy is much more convenient at this point. I wish she could get out of teaching too

Cloudhands

youre one of my favorite members on here vileplume! so im gonna keep it real with u. id suggest looking for a new career. it sucks balls that u invested so much time and energy and money into becoming a school teacher just for this to happen, especially if u like teaching, but its only going to get more and more authoritative as time goes on. its not even the point of wether the vaccine is safe or not, its wether or not u want to consent to working for someone who doesnt respect your boundaries. it might seem like its hard to find other viable options, but i promise that once you make yourself open to new options the universe usually ends up having something in store, just takes a little faith, and maybe a little thyroid haha

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom