OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So I used 5 drops on Vit D every day for a month and my vit d levels went down from 30 to 22 :(. I was also using 5 drops thorne vit k orally and haidut's vit a 3-4 drops topically so I am not sure if they played a role..

What vitamin D drops are you using? What is the total daily dose used?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hi Haidut, I used 5-7 drops of the idealabs product on my arms every morning after breakfast.

Peat said that topical vitamin D can be a problem when applied to extremities since not much reaches the systemic circulation. He recommended applying on torso or shoulders for more systemic effects.

Amazoniac

What she's attributing to a lack of magnesia could very well be caused in part by a depletion of vit K. In some of those cases magnesium only eased the problem but didn't fix, others had to reduce the dose to tolerate.

--
Vitamins D and K as Pleiotropic Nutrients: Clinical Importance to the Skeletal and Cardiovascular Systems and Preliminary Evidence for Synergy

"Vitamins K and D also overlap metabolically at the cellular level. The cyclic oxidation and reduction of vitamin K is a source of electron transfer for antioxidant power to protect living cells against oxidative attack.[182] Likewise, D3/cholecalciferol has potent antioxidant capacity as evidenced in rats.[183] Using cultured human osteoblasts, Japanese researchers discovered that vitamin K2 promotes normal vitamin D-stimulated osteocalcin accumulation and mineralization processes in these cells.[184] Human osteoblasts also carry the vitamin K cycle enzymes, and 1,25D enhances the reductive recycling of MK-4.[185] Hence vitamins K and D can mutually enhance each other's metabolism, a biochemical reciprocity consistent with clinical synergy."​

--
Osteoporos Int. 2008 Sep 30. High prevalence of vitamin K and D deficiency and decreased BMD in inflammatory bowel disease. Kuwabara A, Tanaka K, Tsugawa N, Nakase H, Tsuji H, Shide K, Kamao M, Chiba T, Inagaki N, Okano T, Kido S.

Last edited:

Vinero

Vitamin D3 gives me a rash, red bumpy itchy spots on my arms en neck. I wonder what this could mean?
If I take it topically I get the rash at the site of application. When taken orally I get it on my arms and neck.
I have tried healthnatura vitamin D3 too and I get the same reaction. I also get a very lethargic inflamed feeling after taking it. I think Vitamin D3 increases inflammation by activating the immune system. Maybe it causes some die-off.

Luk3

Peat said that topical vitamin D can be a problem when applied to extremities since not much reaches the systemic circulation. He recommended applying on torso or shoulders for more systemic effects.
Does this apply just to vitamin D? I’ve been applying both calcirol and Magnoil on arms.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Does this apply just to vitamin D? I’ve been applying both calcirol and Magnoil on arms.

I think he said it mostly about vitamin D and recommended upper arms and shoulders if it is used topically.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Vitamin D3 gives me a rash, red bumpy itchy spots on my arms en neck. I wonder what this could mean?
If I take it topically I get the rash at the site of application. When taken orally I get it on my arms and neck.
I have tried healthnatura vitamin D3 too and I get the same reaction. I also get a very lethargic inflamed feeling after taking it. I think Vitamin D3 increases inflammation by activating the immune system. Maybe it causes some die-off.

It can also lower cortisol, and this can create a feeling of lethargy if thyroid function is not strong enough to pick up the slack.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

LuMonty

I've had two bottles of this stuff so far. Has helped immensely, as I've always had low D levels without supplementation.

My first bottle was with SFA esters and ethanol. Immediately felt better using it. Ran out today and had already bought another bottle, this time with FEMA 2145. The difference is positive, even more than the first bottle. In both cases I applied 8 drops to my chest. About 3 minutes after using the 2145 Calcirol, I had a huge uplifting, focused feeling. My routine hasn't changed since my use of the first bottle.

Will Calcirol have the FEMA 2145 from now on? And if it wouldn't be any trouble, what could account for such a huge difference between the two?

jaakkima

Hmm. I haven't had luck on arms either. I'm trying it on my neck currently, hoping it will work. PS Just started a bottle with the ethyl acetoacetate and not sure yet but pretty sure I feel a much stronger effect from it, wonder if I'll have to lessen dosage.

ddjd

any ideas why supplemental vitamin D seems to make my hair greasier?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
any ideas why supplemental vitamin D seems to make my hair greasier?

Is this from Calcirol? First time I get a report like that...

Amazoniac

Vitamin D and MS: Coimbra
"All patients should have periodic (at least annually) dexa scans. All those who remain sedentary will slowly lose bone mass. If they maintain a daily aerobic exercise (like 30-min brisk walking) they will steadily gain bone density.
Those high doses of vitamin D stimulate both osteoblastic and osteoclastic activities simultaneously as demonstrated by measuring P1NP and CTX respectively.
Aerobic exercise (initiated after the second medical appointment) will induce production of calcitonin and efficiently inhibit osteoclastic activity. Those disabled patients (due to neurologic disabilities or joint damage like in rheumatoid arthritis) who are therefore not capable of doing aerobic exercise should receive biphosphonates. We have used alendronate 70 mg per week. Vitamin K2 is useless under the doses of vitamin D we have employed. Aerobic exercise should start from the second medical appointment (when most fatigue is already gone). Disabling fatigue and intolerance to environmental heat affects around 80% of MS and seem to be reliable clinical index of disease activity. We always record the percentual improvement of fatigue and intolerance to heat. Patients usually start noticing reduction of fatigue around 1 month of treatment"
To complement..

- Coimbra Protocol Summary | This is Microsoft

"Vitamin D3 [in high doses] can steal calcium from the bones.

Thus, in the past, when the protocol was designed for the first time, Dr. Coimbra was using high doses of vitamin K2 to maintain bone mass. It has dozens of good health effects.

However, according to him, after years of analysis, it showed an irrelevant result in preserving the calcium. Vitamin K2 was doing it very inefficiently. It can be used as a good source of vitamin but not for the task to preserve the calcium in the bones. So, he gave up K2.

Dr. Coimbra tells his patients that they can take vitamin K2 if they want, but they should not expect it to protect their bones or kidneys, even if taken in high doses. To avoid bone loss it's necessary to do cardio exercises or take the appropriate medications, and to prevent hypercalcemia and hypercalciuria it's necessary to follow the recommended diet and hydration.

Now he is prescribing aerobic exercises 3x or 5x per week (if possible) for 30 minutes. It helps to release a substance from thyroid that protects bones mass much better than vitamin K2. Moreover, it also helps to create new brain cells." :cool

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals