Blood Test Analysis, Thyroid, Extreme High Prolactin , Extreme Low Progesterone.

JCub369

Hi There

Was wondering if anyone could please assist me with analysing my results. I am 23 y/o Male. 80Kg, 15%BF.

Doctor is extremely unhelpful with helping to analyse my results. Don't really trust his opinion anyway.

Not sure what to make of the Haematology and Thyroid.

Unsure what is causing my critically high prolactin and extremely low progesterone. Does anyone have any suggestions to address these.

Thinking of getting some provirion to lower SHBG.

Have also got some Progestene, Pansterone and Androsterone. Have not begun using any of them.

Diet is good. High in red meat, fruit, milk, potatoes, butter make up most of my calories.

Would say my diet is high in protein, high in saturated fats, high in carbs. Around 2700 calories a day.

Intense Weight Training 5-6 Days a week.

Sauna 5-6 Days a week

Supplements :

- Topical MgCl
- Shilajit
- Tongkat Ali 400mg
- NAC 1200mg

Any advice or insight will be very much appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 14.00.55.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 14.00.55.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 14.01.10.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 14.01.10.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 14.01.24.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 14.01.24.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 14.01.33.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 14.01.33.png
    8.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 14.01.42.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 14.01.42.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 14.01.53.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-19 at 14.01.53.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 86
Hi There

Was wondering if anyone could please assist me with analysing my results. I am 23 y/o Male. 80Kg, 15%BF.

Doctor is extremely unhelpful with helping to analyse my results. Don't really trust his opinion anyway.

Unsure what is causing my critically high prolactin and extremely low progesterone. Does anyone have any suggestions to address these.

Have also got some Progestene, Pansterone and Androsterone. Have not begun using any of them.

Diet is good. High in red meat, fruit, milk, potatoes, butter make up most of my calories.

Would say my diet is high in protein, high in saturated fats, high in carbs. Around 2700 calories a day.

Sauna 5-6 Days a week

Supplements :

- Topical MgCl
- Shilajit
- Tongkat Ali 400mg
- NAC 1200mg

My friend I also used to have very elevated prolactin levels to the extent that I got an MRI to see if I had a prolactinoma. I did not.

My advice is you drop the NAC and focus on thyroid like I said in the other thread.

You should also consider Pregnenolone.

I have the Swanson version as it’s quite high dose and has 0 additives. I would take 10mg daily if I were you and this will help with pushing down your stress hormones as well as ramping up your metabolism with virtually no risk of estrogen dominance.

OP
J

JCub369

My friend I also used to have very elevated prolactin levels to the extent that I got an MRI to see if I had a prolactinoma. I did not.

My advice is you drop the NAC and focus on thyroid like I said in the other thread.

You should also consider Pregnenolone.

I have the Swanson version as it’s quite high dose and has 0 additives. I would take 10mg daily if I were you and this will help with pushing down your stress hormones as well as ramping up your metabolism with virtually no risk of estrogen dominance.
Thank you again for your reply.

If you don't mind me asking, why should I drop the NAC.

Are my thyroid levels unsatisfactory? Do you recommend desiccated thyroid to assist my thyroid? Or do you have any other suggestions.

I do have pansterone with me, I will use that for Pregnenolone.

Again, Thank you for all your help.

I will keep you updated with the results.

OP
J

JCub369

Are my thyroid levels unsatisfactory? Do you recommend desiccated thyroid to assist my thyroid? Or do you have any other suggestions.

Apologies @IroquoisPliskin , I just read your reply on my other post regarding avoiding DHEA. I will get pure pregnenolone that you recommend.

OP
J

JCub369

What’s your vitamin d level?
I did not get it tested, but I use dminder to track. I gett +- 10 000 IUs from the sun most days. I work outside. So don't believe my vitamin D levels should be a concern. If anything they may be too high. Why do you ask?

aniciete

I did not get it tested, but I use dminder to track. I gett +- 10 000 IUs from the sun most days. I work outside. So don't believe my vitamin D levels should be a concern. If anything they may be too high. Why do you ask?
If I were you I would get it tested to be sure your level is good before you take any hormones

oxphoser

Your TSH is 3.5. Ray Peat would always recommend it be kept lower. It looks like your free T4 is at the low end so you could take more to lower your TSH. For example on Patrick Timpone’s March 23rd, 2022 show he says a TSH of 0.5 is good. Dr Peat liked the pharmaceutical thyroid. He also says that an elevated TSH is associated with high prolactin. A reference where he mentions prolactin and thyroid would be Danny Roddy’s show #36 on YouTube starting at the 47:00 minute mark.

OP
J

JCub369

Your TSH is 3.5. Ray Peat would always recommend it be kept lower. It looks like your free T4 is at the low end so you could take more to lower your TSH. For example on Patrick Timpone’s March 23rd, 2022 show he says a TSH of 0.5 is good. Dr Peat liked the pharmaceutical thyroid. He also says that an elevated TSH is associated with high prolactin. A reference where he mentions prolactin and thyroid would be Danny Roddy’s show #36 on YouTube starting at the 47:00 minute mark.
Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. I am ordering idealabs Tyromix now. What dosage would you recommend?

Also

Would Tyromix create a negative feedback loop with my Thyroid, leading to the condition becoming worse overtime, or does it have a healing effect?

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. I am ordering idealabs Tyromix now. What dosage would you recommend?

Also

Would Tyromix create a negative feedback loop with my Thyroid, leading to the condition becoming worse overtime, or does it have a healing effect?
The advice above is very good and tyromix will not cause a negative feedback loop, don’t worry. It has a persistent healing effect provided you eat enough carbs to support your body’s energy production.

This is part of the reason Ray often recommended thyroid. Some people have different reactions to the three different idealabs products.

Tyronene is pure T3, Tyromix is T4 to T3 in a 2:1 ratio and Tyromax is NDT.
Some people’s protocol is T3 only in the morning and T4/T3 before bed.
Personally I’m lazy so I just take one drop tyromix a day.

At some point it’s inevitable that you’ll have to experiment to see what dosages work best for you. You have ordered Tyromix and that should work good for you since Ray recommended a 2:1 ratio for hypothyroid people.
Start slow and increase gradually.
Good luck.

You can take it if you want but Ray didn’t like cysteine as it is an antimetabolic amino acid.
Some people report brilliant improvements from it, for some people it does nothing and for some it brings on temporary anhedonia (such as in my case).

The only attractive property is has in my opinion is that it is a potent biofilm disruptor so if you have SIBO or something like that it might be useful.

Are my thyroid levels unsatisfactory?

Yes this is probably your foremost health problem right now. You are quite hypothyroid. @oxphoser explained that high prolactin is just a downstream effect of low thyroid.
(Also thyroid clears estrogen and serotonin out of cells as well.)
Broda Barnes wrote a book called Hypothyroidism: The Unsuspected Illness where he said that hypothyroidism was often what was responsible for many different kinds of illnesses.
He’s a household name on this forum along with Gilbert Ling, Danny Roddy, Georgi Dinkov and a few others.

oxphoser

Also

Probably 1 drop for now. Each drop of Tyromix contains:
Levothyroxine (T4) sodium, USP: 6 mcg
Liothyronine (T3) sodium, USP: 3 mcg

You should take your temperature for a couple of days before starting the thyroid. Are you getting any temperatures in the 98s? According to Broda Barnes waking temperature should be 97.8-98.2. Eventually it should climb to 98.6, even 99 during the day.

If your temp doesn’t go up, don’t increase the dosage right away, wait 2 or 3 weeks for the current dosage to settle in.

I agree with the good advice you are getting here, get a thyroid panel from time to time. You can order one through Quest Labs if you live in the USA, you don’t have to go and see a doctor. Quest labs will take a blood sample and send you the results. It cost about $50. last time I looked.

Once a year, get a basic metabolic panel. If you are taking more thyroid than your body can handle, one of your liver enzymes might start to climb.

Sometimes if your temp stays low, despite thyroid increases you might need more fructose. This is what happened to a friend of mine who was told by the Drs Murray of “The Herb Doctors” that he needed more fructose, not more thyroid and it worked. His temps just would not go up no matter how much thyroid he took, in fact his liver enzyme started to climb. He had to cut back on the thyroid, eat more fructose, then his temp finally went up.

Looks like you know about cofactors for thyroid because you are taking Mg. You also need selenium (sardines), copper (shittake mushrooms,squid) to name a couple. Dr Peat always wanted us to get minerals and vitamins through food and not though supplements.

redsun

Hi There

Sauna 5-6 Days a week

Supplements :

- Topical MgCl
- Shilajit
- Tongkat Ali 400mg
- NAC 1200mg

Your CBC is basically good. Your liver function tests stuff is clearly normal.

Total and Free Testosterone is in a good spot. You dont need to raise T. You should not worry about SHBG since it is not high but normal range. Low SHBG is actually associated with disease.

The real reason for your high prolactin is due to the fact that you expose yourself to extreme heat stress almost every day by using a sauna. This is known to increase prolactin. This is why its above range but not ridiculously high which would usually be the case if it was due to a tumor.

Also if you work outdoors in heat all the time this also amplifies this effect but working outdoors in heat is very different and no where near as bad as sauna where you are sitting in an enclosed space where the air temp is at least 150 F or higher. You should never expose yourself to extreme temperatures regularly. The other problem is constantly sweating out electrolytes and trace minerals due to the sauna can contribute to fatigue and other issues.

You also don't eat eggs, which means likely you have insufficient choline intake. Choline is needed to make acetylcholine which your skeletal muscles depend on so they can contract. This is especially important if you lift weights. Low choline intake will lead to fatigue, muscle weakness and low muscle tone and problems with sleep as acetylcholine activates the parasympathetic nervous system which is needed for you to wind down at night so you can sleep properly.

You dont need to take any hormones or drugs to lower your prolactin. All you need to do is stop using the sauna completely for a while. Your prolactin should start to go down and in a couple of weeks it should be normalized. After that, I would not use sauna except maybe once a month. Eat 2-3 eggs a day to get more choline which should improve fatigue and improve your workout performance. If you have issues with sexual function, libido, once prolactin gets back down it should improve.

The only thing you may need later is thyroid if your TSH stays elevated. It could also be elevated due to the heat stress of sauna and if you workout too intensely while also doing hard labor at work (I dont know what you do for work I am just assuming).

OP
J

JCub369

Your CBC is basically good. Your liver function tests stuff is clearly normal.

Total and Free Testosterone is in a good spot. You dont need to raise T. You should not worry about SHBG since it is not high but normal range. Low SHBG is actually associated with disease.

The real reason for your high prolactin is due to the fact that you expose yourself to extreme heat stress almost every day by using a sauna. This is known to increase prolactin. This is why its above range but not ridiculously high which would usually be the case if it was due to a tumor.

Also if you work outdoors in heat all the time this also amplifies this effect but working outdoors in heat is very different and no where near as bad as sauna where you are sitting in an enclosed space where the air temp is at least 150 F or higher. You should never expose yourself to extreme temperatures regularly. The other problem is constantly sweating out electrolytes and trace minerals due to the sauna can contribute to fatigue and other issues.

You also don't eat eggs, which means likely you have insufficient choline intake. Choline is needed to make acetylcholine which your skeletal muscles depend on so they can contract. This is especially important if you lift weights. Low choline intake will lead to fatigue, muscle weakness and low muscle tone and problems with sleep as acetylcholine activates the parasympathetic nervous system which is needed for you to wind down at night so you can sleep properly.

You dont need to take any hormones or drugs to lower your prolactin. All you need to do is stop using the sauna completely for a while. Your prolactin should start to go down and in a couple of weeks it should be normalized. After that, I would not use sauna except maybe once a month. Eat 2-3 eggs a day to get more choline which should improve fatigue and improve your workout performance. If you have issues with sexual function, libido, once prolactin gets back down it should improve.

The only thing you may need later is thyroid if your TSH stays elevated. It could also be elevated due to the heat stress of sauna and if you workout too intensely while also doing hard labor at work (I dont know what you do for work I am just assuming).
Wow! Thank you for the reply. I never thought the sauna could be the cause. I have another test scheduled in 2 weeks or so. I will not sauna for these 2 weeks and report back.

I must admit - this is sad news for me as I really enjoy the sauna. I have been under the impression that it is really good for me. Through what mechanism does the sauna raise prolactin?

I forgot to mention it - but I do eat eggs. Quite frequently. I also am quite religious about remineralising my water. I use a trace mineral supplement and also always add Salt , MgCL and KCl to my water in the sauna.

I burn about 700-100 calories a day between exercise and work. I would like to eat more but I get very bloated and lethargic after eating, used to think it was microbiome problem but since reading on thus forum I've learned that could be from high serotonin. I will do some research to see how to address this

redsun

Wow! Thank you for the reply. I never thought the sauna could be the cause. I have another test scheduled in 2 weeks or so. I will not sauna for these 2 weeks and report back.

I must admit - this is sad news for me as I really enjoy the sauna. I have been under the impression that it is really good for me. Through what mechanism does the sauna raise prolactin?

I forgot to mention it - but I do eat eggs. Quite frequently. I also am quite religious about remineralising my water. I use a trace mineral supplement and also always add Salt , MgCL and KCl to my water in the sauna.

I burn about 700-100 calories a day between exercise and work. I would like to eat more but I get very bloated and lethargic after eating, used to think it was microbiome problem but since reading on thus forum I've learned that could be from high serotonin. I will do some research to see how to address this
There is no confirmed exact mechanism but its suspected to be due to several reasons such as activating of the HPA axis or affecting TRH and other hormones or a direct effect of heat stress on the pituitary gland.

Thats good that you stay hydrated properly but it will not offset the effects of the sauna on prolactin. Also you lose trace minerals such as zinc, iron, iodine, and others from excessive sweating not just the electrolytes so too much will still deplete this. Another reason to avoid.

If you need a lot of calories due to your work and exercise, it is inevitable that there will be some degree of "bloating" in the stomach region. All that is due to the volume of food your eating and there isnt too much that can be done about that. But what you can do is eat calorie dense foods to help. Higher fat intake for denser calories such as fatty meat (chicken wings with the skin, fatty pork, ground beef, etc), cheese, full fat milk, starches that are carb dense like potatoes, pasta, rice oatmeal. Dont consume too much high liquid food like fruit or juices. Also you may see benefit in your gut function and bloating by consuming foods with probiotics such as yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@redsun, oh my goodness this is epic. I made these dietary changes pretty instinctively not even knowing it would impact my prolactin!

redsun

@redsun, oh my goodness this is epic. I made these dietary changes pretty instinctively not even knowing it would impact my prolactin!
Those recommendation were in regards to bloating though indirectly consistent gut discomfort and distension if severe enough may lead to an effect on prolactin and other stress hormones. This is a good way to eat if you have trouble getting enough calories.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@redsun, yes that was definitely my gut situation.Thank you again. I love learning why certain things help rather than just falling back on my personal experience. It never made sense before but now it does.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals