Astrology as Science

Perry Staltic

Astrology is accurate for what? To be scientific it has to be observable, testable and repeatable.

Summer

Even the scriptures verify that there is validity to astrology, but I can’t say that they permit its use. The book of Enoch states that Astrology was taught to man by one of the fallen angels, along with a variety of other skills that we all use to this day such as weapon making, the use of makeup, and astronomy. I’m torn on the subject. I believe it’s absolutely true but wonder if it’s in the same camp as black magic.

TheSir

Even the scriptures verify that there is validity to astrology, but I can’t say that they permit its use. The book of Enoch states that Astrology was taught to man by one of the fallen angels, along with a variety of other skills that we all use to this day such as weapon making, the use of makeup, and astronomy. I’m torn on the subject. I believe it’s absolutely true but wonder if it’s in the same camp as black magic.
The three wise men used astrology to predict the birth time and place of the king of kings, did they not? I wonder if they would have been called wise, held in such high regard or let near Jesus if they were practicing black magic. Astrology may not have been meant for us to learn about, but it does not have to be unholy knowledge either.

Perry Staltic

The three wise men used astrology to predict the birth time and place of the king of kings, did they not? I wonder if they would have been called wise, held in such high regard or let near Jesus if they were practicing black magic. Astrology may not have been meant for us to learn about, but it does not have to be unholy knowledge either.

Yes, but back then it was astronomy. They knew it was a sign of the birth of the king of the Jews who would save mankind because it had been foretold in the zodiac, which IMO was created by Adam and his godly offspring to pass the revelation of the promised redemption to the heirs of the promise on the other side of the flood.. FWIW "wise men" is what the translators called μάγος (magos), who probably were priestly astronomers.

The witness of the stars

OP
A

Advocate2021

Even Dr. Peat saw in Gray and not always Black and White. He did not need studies and data to recognize that energetics of the planet and universe are at play in our lives on the earth. I don't need studies and data to know its truth and either did Dr. Peat.. The energetics in my life and what i have experienced are undeniable- that's my data. Even in the law there are different types of evidence- circumstantial being one of those.

Summer

I agree that it doesn’t have to be unholy knowledge. There are good cases, such as using the heavenly bodies for signs of future events (such as was used for the birth of Messiah), but astrology can also tell us a lot about ourselves on an individual level. Such as things we are prone to, personality traits, strengths, weaknesses, etc. That’s the part I’m not so sure we should be using. At least from a biblical standpoint. Same goes for gematria. Some even say that our given name governs much of our lives.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Some even say that our given name governs much of our lives.
I know my first name has affected my life. My aunt had the same name, but she got the shortened version. So when someone called me by "her" name, I had to correct them and tell them that was her name but mine was the longer version. I know I told people that from an early age so I learned it from my parents or someone of authority. It was a pain and I wish I had been given my own name. One time I asked a friend who was born in India if everyone named their daughters after Indira Ghandi (like westerners name a child after a celebrity) and she said no, everyone tries to have a totally different name in families.

Warrior

Some even say that our given name governs much of our lives.

That it does as life is vibration and the name is the one the captures your attention and signals your presence.

In old times much attention was paid to things like this for reasons of resonance and coherence and one would check the various lunar mansions along with the childs temperament, genetic inheritance from parents and various other things for an appropriate sobriquet.

Its also the secret reason why a lot of celebs make it big after a name change as their original was out of sync. Eastern cultures are very big on this but then they are far more connected than the West in that sense so its to be expected..

Hugh Johnson

I find the information in this thread awfully confused. I mean there is one poster mixing tarot, astrology and the kabbalistic tree of life together. These do not mix.

I know my first name has affected my life. My aunt had the same name, but she got the shortened version. So when someone called me by "her" name, I had to correct them and tell them that was her name but mine was the longer version. I know I told people that from an early age so I learned it from my parents or someone of authority. It was a pain and I wish I had been given my own name. One time I asked a friend who was born in India if everyone named their daughters after Indira Ghandi (like westerners name a child after a celebrity) and she said no, everyone tries to have a totally different name in families.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr5WWakDt38

Just tell em this when you meet them.

JamesGatz

This is my natal chart man - I think it's pretty ACCURATE honestly

4C3CB74B-9527-44A9-BA16-0F693E730835.jpeg

F448EEFB-0528-46B5-98E9-8C588081022D.jpeg

E46ACF06-4FA6-4F6B-9860-92A00ED74672.jpeg

D93DBB87-3307-4EC8-AF06-6262141EA15B.jpeg

F24AC97E-421D-4CE3-A385-05505E044A8D.jpeg

BDC9055E-D652-4916-A386-3ECDC0B37448.jpeg

Frankdee20

As someone with a full natal twelfth house, it’s real.

blue_lotus

its refreshing (although not surprising) that many people here are open to astrology. these days there are far too many narrowminded people with an arbitrary definition of intellectual (rational materialist mindset) who completely dismiss astrology without giving it a fair shake. ironically in spite of their self-proclaimed intellectual sophistication these same people usually have banal takes and are quick to jump on the latest bandwagons promoted by the media. I think one of the tragedies of modern industrialized society is that people are arbitrarily obsessed with "efficiency" and see things like astrology as an unnecessary superstition. this kind of mindset is incapable of appreciating non-obvious/indirect insights, everything must be literal to them

as a counterpoint, I do find it taxing when people are too open-minded to the point of gullibility (barnum effect). I think people do need to apply some special rigor when dealing with things like this

Summer

I was thinking more in terms of gematria but your case shows just how important a name can be in a literal sense too. It reminds me of something I read years ago that claimed that people with unique names tend to have more interesting lives.
That it does as life is vibration and the name is the one the captures your attention and signals your presence.

In old times much attention was paid to things like this for reasons of resonance and coherence and one would check the various lunar mansions along with the childs temperament, genetic inheritance from parents and various other things for an appropriate sobriquet.

Its also the secret reason why a lot of celebs make it big after a name change as their original was out of sync. Eastern cultures are very big on this but then they are far more connected than the West in that sense so its to be expected..
Wow. I wasn’t even considering the vibrational aspect of it. How does one find out if their name is in or out of sync?

AlaskaJono

Books to get if you can find them by Stephen Arroyo:
Astrology, Psychology and the 4 Elements - An Energetic Approach to Astrology....
Astrology, Karma & Transformation: The Inner Dimensions of the Birth Chart

He has a great depth of insight into our inner dimension and the relationships to the planets/ astro - chart. I started reading his books almost 40 years ago and though most out of print and can be found at used book stores, electronic versions are available for some. Highly recommend.

mayku-T-meelo

Books to get if you can find them by Stephen Arroyo:
Astrology, Psychology and the 4 Elements - An Energetic Approach to Astrology....
Astrology, Karma & Transformation: The Inner Dimensions of the Birth Chart

He has a great depth of insight into our inner dimension and the relationships to the planets/ astro - chart. I started reading his books almost 40 years ago and though most out of print and can be found at used book stores, electronic versions are available for some. Highly recommend.
Very good, thank you. Both of these and a few others can be found in digital format through libgen platform.

SamYo123

I think western astrology is hyped up to cover up numerology that freemasons like to use through numbers and symbolism

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals