Antioxidant Effect Of Lidocaine And Procaine On Reactive Oxygen Species-induced Endothelial Dysfunct

paymanz

Antioxidant effect of lidocaine and procaine on reactive oxygen species-induced endothelial dysfunction in the rabbit abdominal aorta

Korean J Anesthesiol. 2010 Aug; 59(2): 104–110.
Published online 2010 Aug 20. doi: 10.4097/kjae.2010.59.2.104
PMCID: PMC2926425
Antioxidant effect of lidocaine and procaine on reactive oxygen species-induced endothelial dysfunction in the rabbit abdominal aorta
Jae Myeong Lee,2 Jung Kook Suh,
corrauth.gif
1 Ji Seon Jeong,1 Sang Yun Cho,1 and Dong Won Kim1
Author information ► Article notes ► Copyright and License information ►
This article has been cited by other articles in PMC.

Go to:
Abstract
Background
Reactive oxygen species (ROS) induce lipid peroxidation and tissue damage in the endothelium. We tested the antioxidant effect of lidocaine and procaine on ROS-induced endothelial damage in the rabbit aorta.

Methods
Aortic rings isolated from rabbits were suspended in an organ bath filled with Krebs-Henseleit (K-H) solution bubbled with 5% CO2 and 95% O2 at 37.5℃. After precontraction with phenylephrine (PE, 10-6 M), changes in tension were recorded following a cumulative administration of acetylcholine (ACh 3 × 10-8 to 10-6 M). Differences were measured as percentages of ACh-induced relaxation of aortic rings before and after exposure to ROS as generated by electrolysis of the K-H solution. The aortic rings were pretreated with lidocaine or procaine (10-5 M to 3 × 10-3 M) to compare their effects, as well as ROS scavengers, catalase, mannitol, sodium salicylate, and deferoxamine, and a catalase inhibitor, 3-amino-1,2,4-triazole (3AT).

Results
Lidocaine and procaine dose-dependently maintained endothelium-dependent relaxation induced by ACh despite ROS activity (P < 0.05 vs control value). The 3AT pretreated procaine (3 × 10-3 M) group decreased more significantly than the un-pretreated procaine group (P < 0.05).

Conclusions
These findings suggest that lidocaine and procaine dose-dependently preserve endothelium-dependent vasorelaxation against ROS attack, potentially via hydrogen peroxide scavenging.

aarfai

I use lidocaine 5% cream 1-2x week and it warms me up nicely. I asked ray about this and he replied 'absorption through the skin from the 5% can have good regional and systemic effects'

D

danishispsychic

I had a session of prolotherapy with that junk and it made me so depressed. hated it .

OP
P

paymanz

I use lidocaine 5% cream 1-2x week and it warms me up nicely. I asked ray about this and he replied 'absorption through the skin from the 5% can have good regional and systemic effects'
Interesting, its around one week i take 100-400 mg lido a day(divided small dosages every few hours,orally) and it improved my energy ,especially im become more physically active when i take it, and also my sleep is improved i think.

There is also one study using it for chronic fatigue syndrome with good results.

But everyone must be careful,higher doses are dangerous.

I had a session of prolotherapy with that junk and it made me so depressed. hated it .
For me it was opposite, it made my mood better, but maybe it to soon to judge it, what was the dosage you used?it was injectio right?

Last edited:

syncronicity

Couple Qs: do you make the 5% solution or purchase?
Where do you source (purchase), and/or ingredeients for homemade?
Where do you apply it and how much per application?

Any additional observations on effect?

aarfai

Couple Qs: do you make the 5% solution or purchase?
Where do you source (purchase), and/or ingredeients for homemade?
Where do you apply it and how much per application?

Any additional observations on effect?
lidocaineforless.com I've dosed 50mg maybe 5x in the past year

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals