Anti-anxiety drugs cause brain damage, unemployment, and suicide...even if stopped

haidut

Forum Supporter
Just a few minutes ago I posted about a study implicating serotonin (5-HT) and, by extension, SSRI drugs in brain atrophy and depression, especially in aging people. In clinical practice, while SSRI drugs are considered plenty "safe", anti-anxiety drugs such as the popular benzodiazepines (e.g. Valium, Xanax, Klonopin, etc) are considered even "safer", and this is why most of them do not have "blackbox warnings" on their label mandated by the FDA. This perceived "safety" of benzos (as they are commonly known) has led to them being prescribed to all age groups (even babies!) for all sorts of symptoms (often completely unrelated to anxiety), to the point that even the limitless greed of Big Pharma has acknowledged an epidemic of over-prescription. Hardly a day that goes by without some celebrity admitting on national TV an addiction to benzos, requiring formal hospitalization. Now, the study below demonstrates what we have all been suspecting for many years - i.e. there is nothing "safe" when it comes to benzos and they are capable of causing serious brain damage, which persists even after brief benzo usage and/or discontinuation, with the brain injury leading to negative outcomes later on such as job loss, social/relationship breakdown or even suicide. The study authors believe the incidence of these side effects of benzos is so high (about 1 in 5) that it warrants its own medical term - benzodiazepine induced neurological dysfunction (BIND). Worst of all, as the study itself states, BIND caused completely unrelated symptoms and health issues to appear - i.e. it generated multiple new serious disorders/conditions, while being only marginally effective at treating the relatively harmless one (anxiety) for which they were prescribed originally. Case in point - more than half of the study participants taking benzos reported contemplating or attempting suicide!

Long-term consequences of benzodiazepine-induced neurological dysfunction: A survey
Popular ‘Benzo’ drugs linked to suicide, brain damage — even if you stop taking them: study
Benzodiazepine use associated with brain injury, job loss and suicide

"...Benzodiazepine use and discontinuation is associated with nervous system injury and negative life effects that continue after discontinuation, according to a new study from researchers at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. The study was published today in the journal PLOS One. “Despite the fact that benzodiazepines have been widely prescribed for decades, this survey presents significant new evidence that a subset of patients experience long-term neurological complications,” said Alexis Ritvo, M.D, M.P.H., an assistant professor in psychiatry at the University of Colorado School of Medicine and medical director of the nonprofit Alliance for Benzodiazepine Best Practices.“This should change how we think about benzodiazepines and how they are prescribed.” “Patients have been reporting long-term effects from benzodiazepines for over 60 years. I am one of those patients. "

"...Symptoms were long-lasting, with 76.6% of all affirmative answers to symptom questions reporting the duration to be months or more than a year. The following ten symptoms persisted over a year in greater than half of respondents: low energy, difficulty focusing, memory loss, anxiety, insomnia, sensitivity to light and sounds, digestive problems, symptoms triggered by food and drink, muscle weakness and body pain. Particularly alarming, these symptoms were often reported as new and distinct from the symptoms for which benzodiazepines were originally prescribed. In addition, a majority of respondents reported prolonged negative life impacts in all areas, such as significantly damaged relationships, job loss and increased medical costs. Notably, 54.4% of the respondents reported suicidal thoughts or attempted suicide. BIND is thought to be a result of brain changes resulting from benzodiazepine exposure. A general review of the literature suggests that it occurs in roughly one in five long-term users. The risk factors for BIND are not known, and more research is needed to further define the condition, along with treatment options."

Regina

Just a few minutes ago I posted about a study implicating serotonin (5-HT) and, by extension, SSRI drugs in brain atrophy and depression, especially in aging people. In clinical practice, while SSRI drugs are considered plenty "safe", anti-anxiety drugs such as the popular benzodiazepines (e.g. Valium, Xanax, Klonopin, etc) are considered even "safer", and this is why most of them do not have "blackbox warnings" on their label mandated by the FDA. This perceived "safety" of benzos (as they are commonly known) has led to them being prescribed to all age groups (even babies!) for all sorts of symptoms (often completely unrelated to anxiety), to the point that even the limitless greed of Big Pharma has acknowledged an epidemic of over-prescription. Hardly a day that goes by without some celebrity admitting on national TV an addiction to benzos, requiring formal hospitalization. Now, the study below demonstrates what we have all been suspecting for many years - i.e. there is nothing "safe" when it comes to benzos and they are capable of causing serious brain damage, which persists even after brief benzo usage and/or discontinuation, with the brain injury leading to negative outcomes later on such as job loss, social/relationship breakdown or even suicide. The study authors believe the incidence of these side effects of benzos is so high (about 1 in 5) that it warrants its own medical term - benzodiazepine induced neurological dysfunction (BIND). Worst of all, as the study itself states, BIND caused completely unrelated symptoms and health issues to appear - i.e. it generated multiple new serious disorders/conditions, while being only marginally effective at treating the relatively harmless one (anxiety) for which they were prescribed originally. Case in point - more than half of the study participants taking benzos reported contemplating or attempting suicide!

Long-term consequences of benzodiazepine-induced neurological dysfunction: A survey
Popular ‘Benzo’ drugs linked to suicide, brain damage — even if you stop taking them: study
Benzodiazepine use associated with brain injury, job loss and suicide

"...Benzodiazepine use and discontinuation is associated with nervous system injury and negative life effects that continue after discontinuation, according to a new study from researchers at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. The study was published today in the journal PLOS One. “Despite the fact that benzodiazepines have been widely prescribed for decades, this survey presents significant new evidence that a subset of patients experience long-term neurological complications,” said Alexis Ritvo, M.D, M.P.H., an assistant professor in psychiatry at the University of Colorado School of Medicine and medical director of the nonprofit Alliance for Benzodiazepine Best Practices.“This should change how we think about benzodiazepines and how they are prescribed.” “Patients have been reporting long-term effects from benzodiazepines for over 60 years. I am one of those patients. "

"...Symptoms were long-lasting, with 76.6% of all affirmative answers to symptom questions reporting the duration to be months or more than a year. The following ten symptoms persisted over a year in greater than half of respondents: low energy, difficulty focusing, memory loss, anxiety, insomnia, sensitivity to light and sounds, digestive problems, symptoms triggered by food and drink, muscle weakness and body pain. Particularly alarming, these symptoms were often reported as new and distinct from the symptoms for which benzodiazepines were originally prescribed. In addition, a majority of respondents reported prolonged negative life impacts in all areas, such as significantly damaged relationships, job loss and increased medical costs. Notably, 54.4% of the respondents reported suicidal thoughts or attempted suicide. BIND is thought to be a result of brain changes resulting from benzodiazepine exposure. A general review of the literature suggests that it occurs in roughly one in five long-term users. The risk factors for BIND are not known, and more research is needed to further define the condition, along with treatment options."
My neighbor yesterday told me she is on zoloft and xanax. It's just so rampant. A vaxxed true believer.
I suspect she is more typical than an exception.

We're doomed.

Regina

Another thing I notice about the people I know on ssri's is they are super fearful and worried about not being a near a hospital, their medical network and also about not being up to date on possible test.

These people will welcome whatever the government wants as long as their drugs and medical "care" are nearby.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Another thing I notice about the people I know on ssri's is they are super fearful and worried about not being a near a hospital, their medical network and also about not being up to date on possible test.

These people will welcome whatever the government wants as long as their drugs and medical "care" are nearby.

Yep. I have the exact same observations and it is probably worse here in DC than down in Florida. All such behavior you noticed is a direct result of elevated serotonin - it makes you feel fragile (due to low energy production) and highly favor hierarchical structures (e.g. narratives like "big brother will protect us since we can't do it ourselves"), while simultaneously fear anything new/unknown to the point of becoming physically aggressive (or the opposite - a complete stupor) at any person that is perceived to even remotely threaten the status quo.
I think this is one thing Ray either did not account for or preferred not to emphasize in his interviews when people asked him what to do considering what is coming. His response always was something along the lines of "organize". Yeah, I am not sure how one organizes with or around the brain-damaged. Such people are watching you 24x7 and will either snitch on you or directly sabotage/fight any "prepper" activity out of fear, spite, or both. Maybe Florida is better, but DC and its suburbs are beyond doomed. Good thing is, just 45min outside the city is a completely different planet. Sure, the drugs those other people consume may not be good either, but I find even meth addicts have a remarkably realistic outlook on life compared to SSRI junkies.

EustaceBagge

Yep. I have the exact same observations and it is probably worse here in DC than down in Florida. All such behavior you noticed is a direct result of elevated serotonin - it makes you feel fragile (due to low energy production) and highly favor hierarchical structures (e.g. narratives like "big brother will protect us since we can't do it ourselves"), while simultaneously fear anything new/unknown to the point of becoming physically aggressive (or the opposite - a complete stupor) at any person that is perceived to even remotely threaten the status quo.
I think this is one thing Ray either did not account for or preferred not to emphasize in his interviews when people asked him what to do considering what is coming. His response always was something along the lines of "organize". Yeah, I am not sure how one organizes with or around the brain-damaged. Such people are watching you 24x7 and will either snitch on you or directly sabotage/fight any "prepper" activity out of fear, spite, or both. Maybe Florida is better, but DC and its suburbs are beyond doomed. Good thing is, just 45min outside the city is a completely different planet. Sure, the drugs those other people consume may not be good either, but I find even meth addicts have a remarkably realistic outlook on life compared to SSRI junkies.
Maybe the first step to organization is healing through diet. Very hard to convince them to go against the mainstream narrative though...

Mister

Yes benzos like Xanax are pure poison.

Know one guy irl that has PSSD/PFS from it years after stopping.

Frankdee20

I can only say that I am great full for never having gone down the route of taking prescription psychiatric drugs. Been a functioning alcoholic for many years now. Will never take a benzo to combat withdrawal from alcohol. Although, I did like Librium (long acting original benzo) when I was in detox decades ago.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I can only say that I am great full for never having gone down the route of taking prescription psychiatric drugs. Been a functioning alcoholic for many years now. Will never take a benzo to combat withdrawal from alcohol. Although, I did like Librium (long acting original benzo) when I was in detox decades ago.

Progesterone or pregnenolone have shown very good effects for alcohol use. The former for controlling the withdrawal symptoms and the latter for preventing the excessive use to start with. If you feel like experimenting, higher doses progesterone can actually reproduce most of the desirable effects of alcohol, including reduction in anxiety, sedation and disinhibition, but without the long-term risks.

Regina

🎯 No Florida is not better.
Yes, we have plenty of meth and fentanyl addicts. While every one is gunned up here, you're literally better off with the meth heads for the reason you said.
They say 'find like-minded people'. Good luck with that. I even wrote to Clay Martin. He's got some great interviews on home defense (great checklist on that website too) and he emphasizes that there is no way you can do this alone.
He wrote back (sweet guy) saying he could put me in touch with a group in Destin and introduce me to them. But that's a six hour drive.
I'm sure there are some capable non-addicts around here. We have the most ridiculously wonderful vast range you can bring ANYthing to practice. So they are here.
But the RX pill poppers are pathological zombies. Quietly gardening triggers them.Any show of energy is a criticism.

Regina

It's probably fine (ideal even) 4 miles west of here.
We might cash out of the golfcart, roundup, RX, Fox news lofting through the air from their outdoor living room all night, concealed carry, salad and chicken crowd in the "good" area and move to the "bad" area: vegetable gardens, raw milk, cattle, air boats, hunters, etc. Stockpiled for WW3? Yes. Trigger happy RX clueless beta? No.

Validus

Or is it possible that those who are likely to take anti-anxiety drugs are simply more likely to already have brain damage, become unemployed and commit suicide in general...that being said, I think benzos are an evil class of drugs.

catan

My neighbor yesterday told me she is on zoloft and xanax. It's just so rampant. A vaxxed true believer.

We're doomed.

I am finding out all the time many mothers and their children are on these medications. Apparently for mothers it helps them to be the mother that they want to be. For the children, they have trouble in school and general behaviors, so parents want them on drugs. I was really shocked at first but now maybe those who don't take anything are minority.

Peatress

Perhaps Dr. Peat didn’t believe such people were beyond help. He understood the healing power of good nutrition. He always emphasised calling out politicians and institutions responsible for mass corruption rather than condemning those they are harming.

I’ve read many posts by people on the forum who seem to have recovered after taking those drugs – they don’t seem brain damaged unless you are suggesting that the damage is yet to come?

Last edited:

Frankdee20

Progesterone or pregnenolone have shown very good effects for alcohol use. The former for controlling the withdrawal symptoms and the latter for preventing the excessive use to start with. If you feel like experimenting, higher doses progesterone can actually reproduce most of the desirable effects of alcohol, including reduction in anxiety, sedation and disinhibition, but without the long-term risks.
Thank you. Progesterone is one supplement that I have yet to try. Love Pansterone currently. I will give Progesterone a shot. The thing about alcohol in proper amounts
valid physiologically perhaps…. But circumstances …..and viewing them as insurmountable….. play a role in addiction, both environmental and biological influences play a role….

Kyle970

We're doomed.
Noticed this as well. It seems many in the south are heavily medicated these days, most of my family are on a large variety of pharma prescribed "meds" (antidepressants, etc).
Irony could be anytime I mention herbs or any natural remedy at all, it is considered total witchcraft.

CoconutEffect

Regina

Noticed this as well. It seems many in the south are heavily medicated these days, most of my family are on a large variety of pharma prescribed "meds" (antidepressants, etc).
Irony could be anytime I mention herbs or any natural remedy at all, it is considered total witchcraft.
I get the "who do you think you are?" when mentioning ANYthing. Even aspirin.

Lolinaa

People can get out of benzodiazepine, they need to taper it off. It's not easy but it's doable. My advice is to never quit cold turkey above all if you have been on them long term. Don't be discouraged, it's better to sacrifice some sleep than staying on these stuff.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals