An Almost Fat Free, Starch Free Experiment

thebigpeatowski said:
Jennifer said:
WOW! That seems like a really good sign that you can go that long without eating, BP. I too hate being regimented with an eating schedule, but I'd be interested to see how you do with even just small bites of something here and there. You may be shocked that that is all you need to keep you nice and warm. Maybe keep some dried fruit or something sweet and salty with you in your pocket so you can nibble when you start to feel a bit cold?

I've been taking my temperature obsessively, I don't get a body temp drop like I used to and I don't FEEL cold, it's just my fingers and sometimes toes get cold. It's almost seems like a circulation issue, as if my body starts the ramping down blood flow, but I don't feel bad when it happens, no symptoms of low blood sugar or anything like that...it's weird. As soon as I sip OJ then it feels like blood vessels dilate and blood flows immediately, fingers warm very quickly....sorta feels like when you have that first sip of an alcoholic drink and you feel your blood vessels dilate and relax....know what I mean? Only there's NO vodka in ma OJ :lol: My body is so bizarre.

I started being like this too a few months ago. Maybe we are insulin junkies and we don't know it :mrgreen: But all transitions are crystal clear and they make sense, I can even distinguish cortisol warm from food warm.

Jennifer said:
I know with me, I warm up quite well with starch, but within an hour I'm freezing and have to pee immediately. My urine is usually clear at that point. That's my sign that my sugars have crashed.

Ah, yes...the clear peeing like crazy. That was the story of my life when I was low-carbing, I swear sometimes I had to get up three times in the middle of the night, deep refreshing sleep was non-existent.

Now I'm wondering if potatoes only warm me up due to the insane amounts of butter and salt I put on them....I mean really, who eats PLAIN potatoes? Gross, they're simply a vehicle for saturated fat and salt. Even tho I don't eat them that often, I'm going to cut them out again and see what happens to me fingers and toes.

Such_Saturation said:
I started being like this too a few months ago. Maybe we are insulin junkies and we don't know it :mrgreen: But all transitions are crystal clear and they make sense, I can even distinguish cortisol warm from food warm.

Oh yes, huge difference between food driven warmth and cortisol heat.

Jennifer

thebigpeatowski said:
Jennifer said:
I know with me, I warm up quite well with starch, but within an hour I'm freezing and have to pee immediately. My urine is usually clear at that point. That's my sign that my sugars have crashed.

Ah, yes...the clear peeing like crazy. That was the story of my life when I was low-carbing, I swear sometimes I had to get up three times in the middle of the night, deep refreshing sleep was non-existent.

Now I'm wondering if potatoes only warm me up due to the insane amounts of butter and salt I put on them....I mean really, who eats PLAIN potatoes? Gross, they're simply a vehicle for saturated fat and salt. Even tho I don't eat them that often, I'm going to cut them out again and see what happens to me fingers and toes.
Only 3x a night? I was up to 8x during my 80/10/10 phase. This meant I was healthy. You might want to drink lots more water till your peeing 20x a night. Who needs sleep when you have all that fruit sugar running through you that needs to be utilized by running marathons. This is what happens when I follow the advice of a girl who refers to herself as a banana. :roll:

*This girl shamefully raises her hand* I also ate potatoes without salt or butter. That's when I developed the heartburn from starches for the first time in my life, along with the horrible hypoglycemic episodes. Again, this is what happens when I take advice from a banana girl and get it in my head that salt bloats and fat greases the cells and prevents all those sugars from entering. The best is when she refers to eggs as chicken periods and milk as puss. Hmm...I should come up with a comedy skit and pitch it to SNL. They could cast Justin Timberlake as the egg since he has experience with that. Now who could play the milk puss?

Please forgive me sueq for littering your thread. I have issues! :lol:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I tried to keep this thread starch free, I really tried. :lol: :mrgreen:

Jennifer

Charlie said:
I tried to keep this thread starch free, I really tried. :lol: :mrgreen:
LOL I think Such is right, total insulin junkies! We can't help ourselves. :lol:

Jennifer said:
eggs as chicken periods and milk as puss. Hmm...I should come up with a comedy skit and pitch it to SNL. They could cast Justin Timberlake as the egg since he has experience with that. Now who could play the milk puss?

:mrgreen: LOL

Jennifer

thebigpeatowski said:
Jennifer said:
WOW! That seems like a really good sign that you can go that long without eating, BP. I too hate being regimented with an eating schedule, but I'd be interested to see how you do with even just small bites of something here and there. You may be shocked that that is all you need to keep you nice and warm. Maybe keep some dried fruit or something sweet and salty with you in your pocket so you can nibble when you start to feel a bit cold?

I've been taking my temperature obsessively, I don't get a body temp drop like I used to and I don't FEEL cold, it's just my fingers and sometimes toes get cold. It's almost seems like a circulation issue, as if my body starts the ramping down blood flow, but I don't feel bad when it happens, no symptoms of low blood sugar or anything like that...it's weird. As soon as I sip OJ then it feels like blood vessels dilate and blood flows immediately, fingers warm very quickly....sorta feels like when you have that first sip of an alcoholic drink and you feel your blood vessels dilate and relax....know what I mean? Only there's NO vodka in ma OJ :lol: My body is so bizarre.
Found it! I've been reading through all my Ray notes and interviews and came across what I had mentioned to you about the brain needing heat so it pulls from the extremities.

"RP: this is where milk or cheese is very important to keep the metabolic rate up and watch the Thyroid function. There are several ways without having a blood test that you can make a pretty good guess about what your Thyroid is doing. If your hands and feet are cold, or colder than others, it’s because your adrenaline is holding your temp up for your brain and heart by cutting the circulation to your extremities.

Body temps in general are good, but cold extremities are the first sign of failing thyroid function."

Do you have recent blood tests that show what your thyroid numbers look like, BP? I'm now thinking you and I getting these cold hands and tootsies aren't good and the adrenaline may be falsely elevating our core temps making us think our metabolisms are doing great. This may be a false alarm and perhaps all you need is to get frequent snacks to keep you consistently warm...I know on your log you mentioned eating something like 2800 calories now so maybe your metabolism is burning through those calories and more is needed? I don't know for certain, but I just wanted to mention the quote since you were asking if you should go on thyroid and I don't want you suffering from any poor advice I may have given you.

I wince at what I'm about to say, but I think I need to track my calories for a couple days because I've had another terrible headache with vomiting yesterday and that makes 3 since changing to a fiber free/starch free diet, which I think might be due to me not getting enough calories because my food choices have become so limited.

Sorry sueq for highjacking your thread. I apologize.

OP
SQu

SQu

Soon I will revisit this experiment because there were some hopeful signs going that low in fat. A few times I'd get quite hot, energetic and happy. Thought it might be flushing but no longer think that as none since, so it could have been patches of good oxidation.

Since stopping this experiment again, I've stayed off starch and taken the same supps (but less extra salt eggshell and cream of tartar) but increased fat (simply because that happens when you eat cheese)so it's probably the low fat that did it.

What I can't do again or not anytime soon is cut calories much if at all. Fat 10-20g, 0 starch, approx 110g protein and at least 220g sugars, plenty vitamins and minerals and approx the 2400 calories I normally have will be my starting point I think. I'll put that into cronometer and see how it looks. Also it'll be orange season - cannot wait! So lots of the best oj in the world - the one you make at home from ripe local seasonal oranges! Plus aspirin, caffeine ,the Bs and urea.

Peata

sueq said:
Soon I will revisit this experiment because there were some hopeful signs going that low in fat. A few times I'd get quite hot, energetic and happy. Thought it might be flushing but no longer think that as none since, so it could have been patches of good oxidation.

Since stopping this experiment again, I've stayed off starch and taken the same supps (but less extra salt eggshell and cream of tartar) but increased fat (simply because that happens when you eat cheese)so it's probably the low fat that did it.

What I can't do again or not anytime soon is cut calories much if at all. Fat 10-20g, 0 starch, approx 110g protein and at least 220g sugars, plenty vitamins and minerals and approx the 2400 calories I normally have will be my starting point I think. I'll put that into cronometer and see how it looks. Also it'll be orange season - cannot wait! So lots of the best oj in the world - the one you make at home from ripe local seasonal oranges! Plus aspirin, caffeine ,the Bs and urea.

I've also felt some nice heat while doing lowfat. Despite lowering my calories, I still seem to have plenty of energy and good mood, so maybe the lowfat, high carbs, and Peat-level proteins are my saving grace for my metabolism. I also take vitamin supplements, coffee. I notice I must have food around the coffee or I get low blood sugar.

OP
SQu

SQu

That's great news Peata! If I'd felt like that I'd still be doing it but that gut pain put me off and digestion took a knock, still not fixed. Seems like you've found a way. I've been taking a break but am ready to carry on. I crono'd the list and it looks fine. I think raising metabolism is going to work better for me than cutting calories.

Peata

sueq said:
That's great news Peata! If I'd felt like that I'd still be doing it but that gut pain put me off and digestion took a knock, still not fixed. Seems like you've found a way. I've been taking a break but am ready to carry on. I crono'd the list and it looks fine. I think raising metabolism is going to work better for me than cutting calories.

I am leaning toward that myself since I haven't gotten results from cutting calories. Guess I'll make up my mind soon.

OP
SQu

SQu

I haven't yet restarted as per the above posts but I have lost some noticeable weight going by clothing, comments and how I feel. I also felt like going to the gym for the first time this year for a few minutes of leg presses and shoulder presses. I can only attribute this to Easter holidays. I'm at home but staying in bed later in the mornings. Not sleeping much better but at least resting more. Possibly also urea is helping. Also less stress.

Peata

sueq said:
I haven't yet restarted as per the above posts but I have lost some noticeable weight going by clothing, comments and how I feel. I also felt like going to the gym for the first time this year for a few minutes of leg presses and shoulder presses. I can only attribute this to Easter holidays. I'm at home but staying in bed later in the mornings. Not sleeping much better but at least resting more. Possibly also urea is helping. Also less stress.

I missed your post on urea. Where did you get it, how much do you take, etc.

OP
SQu

SQu

Hi peata, I order it from the pharmacist. It's not prescription only or anything so that should work if pharmacists still do that old fashioned thing where you are! I take 1 tb 2-3 times day in a glass of fruit juice or something sweetened and flavoured to cover the taste. The past few days I haven't due to some digestive pain which started when I cut calories. I don't think it's related, but mentioned it just in case.

Peat's_Girl

Re: A fat free, starch free experiment

superhuman said: "26g fat on a day is not fat free at ALL. If your really going fat free then 10g is max a day. Please dont start this missleading topic and your breakfast consists of 3 eggs and you say you are going fat free."

Sounds like a real charmer :D

Peat's_Girl

What the hell is quark?... I'm Russian Ukrainian and I've never heard of it (at least by this name...)

OP
SQu

SQu

;) I try to ignore rude comments! Luckily the constructive ones outweigh them!

This log is just on no starch and low fat and at times lower calorie, by the way. And I stopped the low calorie thing and probably won't ever restart it. I didn't believe in it for weight loss based on my own experiences but peat seems sometimes to imply it. Maybe. I don't know. It's unclear and has led to much debate hereabouts. But I tried it again just in case after doing much healing and getting my diet up to speed on minerals protein and vitamins, dropping calories somewhat might help with weight loss.

While I did establish that lots of minerals , probably calcium in particular will keep me free of anxiety on low fat lower calorie diet, I also got myself a new kind of gut pain for my troubles. So my metabolism took a hit. Not yet fixed, either. However cutting starch was a success. keeping fat that low is hard and while it may well have some benefits I sorely needed to add in some coconut oil to help with that new digestive problem I went and gave myself. Stupid!
recently I started to lose some weight without doing anything especially other than my usual peating,proving to me at least that healing rest nutrition and lowering inflammation are key in my case at least. I'll post more - smartphone makes it difficult.

Peata

I look forward to your post about healing, inflammation, etc., Sue.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals