Momado965

I've noticed a few things since starting this about 3 months ago. I'm taking about 5-10mg a day most days. I'm more assertive in conversations. I'm more aggressive in general. Not aggressive as in hostile and violent, just more intense than I used to be. Men seem to either want to challenge me or are afraid of me. It's an unspoken dominance. I suppose I do walk and carry myself differently but they seem to know I'm more dominant than them instinctually. I have experience with this myself, having had low androgens and high estrogen not that long ago. Males who used to intimidate me no longer do. Older women really seem to dislike me. Sort of a disapproval thing. I do admit to having a bit of swagger that some people can't stand. Younger women who are attractive seem to be more attracted to me while the more average looking girls seem to avoid me. Lots of smiles, they sit next to me to get me to talk to them. They walk around provocatively. It's pretty great. I've also been told I smell good by a couple girls.

As for physical effects, it definitely seems to increase metabolism. It does this to such a degree that for a while, it was hard for me to get enough calories without having the DHT cause an adrenaline response. The solution was simple: eat more. It also hardens my body. Not dramatically but my face is more chiseled despite being a little higher in bodyfat than I'd like. I think it lowers estrogen pretty potently. Probably more so than androsterone, even. Sex drive is a bit come and go. Sometimes I'll get crazy sex drive where I feel like I have to get it right then and there. Other times, I couldn't care less. Actual sexual performance is pretty amazing. I'm much more aggressive and feel like I did in my teenage years. My muscularity hasn't changed. In fact, I work out a few times a week and despite eating a lot, I can't seem to gain any mass at all. It's a source of frustration to me, because my physique isn't really where I want it to be. Haven't experienced any muscle hardness or fullness effects you guys seemed to experience either, which sucks. I can only assume my DHT is extremely high, while my testosterone is next to nothing. One thing that does impress me about my physique is how much weight I can lift and how good my performance is despite having less mass. My lifts are all pretty much the same as they were before and I took over a month off. My body feels tight, explosive and powerful.

I've also gotten more hair growth on my arms. It's pretty ridiculous actually and they were pretty hairy before. My legs haven't seemed to change much, which I find interesting because of DHT's reputation for hair growth on the legs. I had balding calves that I hoped would regrow. I have noticed shedding on my chest and ab region, which doesn't surprise me, because I suspect low testosterone. This would cause a decrease in hair in those areas. As for hair loss (on my head), I haven't experienced any improvement but I also haven't had more shedding, so I think it's pretty safe to say DHT doesn't cause hair loss. At least not as long as cortisol and estrogen are controlled. I'm extremely prone to MPB. My facial hair growth has definitely increased. Grows probably twice as fast in the same time frame.

"Older women really seem to dislike me. Sort of a disapproval thing." This in in fact very interesting. Can you elaborate?

Momado965

Yes, and I would also add condition 3) - if one notices consistent lack of effects, despite strong response at the beginning. This is probably an indication that liver is adjusting and eliminating the steroids faster so some break may be needed or maybe adding a little pregnenolone, which seems to "reset" things in a way and allow the organism to start anew.

Can you elaborate on how pregnenolone allows the organism start new?

Wagner83

What's a big dose of white button mushrooms to you?
For me drinking the broth of 100 grams of wbm three days in a row (3*100gr) started to be too much. It's easy to tell if you try it and the threshold may well be different in your case. I sliced the mushrooms in smaller pieces before boiling (3hrs).

Momado965

For me drinking the broth of 100 grams of wbm three days in a row (3*100gr) started to be too much. It's easy to tell if you try it and the threshold may well be different in your case. I sliced the mushrooms in smaller pieces before boiling (3hrs).

Interesting. I experimented with brown mushroom a while back. A box, which is 250g+, a day. I felt absolutely amazing. Specially when I first started.

I take it this is no longer being sold. The link is dead and I can't find it anywhere on the IdeaLabs site. Shame...

Momado965

I have not tried using that little. I'll give that a try the next week and let you know how it goes. With regards to friendships, I've never been that social a person and increasing DHT has only made me more of a lone wolf. The friends I do have seem to accept the new me, at least to my face, but I do get the feeling they talk smack behind my back.

This was how I felt when I intermittently fasting and got amazingly lean and was training not so long ago. Diet wasn't peaty but good enough, perhaps. Dominance does make you a lone wolf. Ever since I gained weight my personality was never the same.

Ron J

This was how I felt when I intermittently fasting and got amazingly lean and was training not so long ago. Diet wasn't peaty but good enough, perhaps. Dominance does make you a lone wolf. Ever since I gained weight my personality was never the same.
Dominance as in physical dominance and/or pheromone(s) from DHT? What do you mean about personality change along weight(muscle?) gain?

Momado965

Dominance as in physical dominance and/or pheromone(s) from DHT? What do you mean about personality change along weight(muscle?) gain?

Wasn't using DHT at the time. Dominance in an unspoken fashion. I mean after gaining fat I was never the same.

Suppose you have a pet rat who's used a couple of hair loss treatments too many and lost size 'downstairs'. This rat also has a mild case of gynecomastia (puffy nipples).

Would it be safe to apply 11-keto to those areas or would the DMSO burn him too much?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Can you elaborate on how pregnenolone allows the organism start new?

Pregnenolone has been shown to reduce the suppressive effects from androgens and estrogen on gonadal synthesis. It has also been shown to potentiate the effects of end-point steroids, which is described in the Pansterone original post. It also changes the cytochrome P450 expression and that is what regulates steroid metabolism and excretion. All in all, adding pregnenolone to any steroid seems to allow for lower dose to be used while also potentially lowering whatever risks that steroid poses.

Momado965

Pregnenolone has been shown to reduce the suppressive effects from androgens and estrogen on gonadal synthesis. It has also been shown to potentiate the effects of end-point steroids, which is described in the Pansterone original post. It also changes the cytochrome P450 expression and that is what regulates steroid metabolism and excretion. All in all, adding pregnenolone to any steroid seems to allow for lower dose to be used while also potentially lowering whatever risks that steroid poses.

How long and what dose of pregnenolone do you think is good to actually 'reset' metabolism after years of avoiding sugar, practicing IF etc?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
How long and what dose of pregnenolone do you think is good to actually 'reset' metabolism after years of avoiding sugar, practicing IF etc?

Peat thinks any dose would work and he has been recommending 100mg - 150mg daily. In my experience, doses in the 30mg-50mg range have the most pronounced effects and seem to feed into both the DHEA and progesterone pathway while higher doses mostly feed the progesterone/allopregnanolone pathway.

lifestyle

Pregnenolone has been shown to reduce the suppressive effects from androgens and estrogen on gonadal synthesis. It has also been shown to potentiate the effects of end-point steroids, which is described in the Pansterone original post.
Peat thinks any dose would work and he has been recommending 100mg - 150mg daily. In my experience, doses in the 30mg-50mg range have the most pronounced effects and seem to feed into both the DHEA and progesterone pathway while higher doses mostly feed the progesterone/allopregnanolone pathway.

Are you referring to 30-50mg/day for a "reset" protocol, or would 30-50mg/day be beneficial longer term to reduce the potentially suppressive effects of androgens?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Are you referring to 30-50mg/day for a "reset" protocol, or would 30-50mg/day be beneficial longer term to reduce the potentially suppressive effects of androgens?

Both. In my experience 30mg-50mg doses should work for most people unless there is severe inflammation or CVD in which case higher doses may bring more benefit due to aldosterone antagonism.

lifestyle

Both. In my experience 30mg-50mg doses should work for most people unless there is severe inflammation or CVD in which case higher doses may bring more benefit due to aldosterone antagonism.

Interesting. My rat is taking 15mg each DHEA/pregnenolone per day. 5mg each topically, 10mg each orally.

Would it be best to increase the pregnenolone only?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Interesting. My rat is taking 15mg each DHEA/pregnenolone per day. 5mg each topically, 10mg each orally.

Would it be best to increase the pregnenolone only?

When used with DHEA even less pregnenolone is sufficient. So, the 15mg should also have effects. Even 1mg pregnenolone before bed was found to improve sleep in humans so I would not underestimate pregnenolone even in small doses.

Momado965

Seems like I'll experiment with pregnenolone. What is a good time frame for a reset 'cycle'?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Seems like I'll experiment with pregnenolone. What is a good time frame for a reset 'cycle'?

I don't think there is an ideal length of cycle but the recovery should be felt within 1-2 weeks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals