Has Anyone Here Successfully Resolved "SIBO" Or Major Stomach Bloating? With Peating Or Anything Els

Kyle M

what is your zinc and b6 intake on a daily basis? they are the precursor to.... stomach acid !!
Don't keep track of them, but since supplementing HCl during meals didn't help I don't think it's directly related to producing stomach acid for digestion. Maybe pH in between meals is too high.

Barry Obummer

what is your zinc and b6 intake on a daily basis? they are the precursor to.... stomach acid !!
Do have references to the B6 thing? I could only find it from one source: Dr. Hoffer and Prousky.

Barry Obummer

I have varying levels of symptoms too but it's consistent enough for me to believe there is something physiological going on. Especially when the bloating is high up in the gut, very soon after eating (<30 minutes).
Yea. I know when I drink a bunch or vodka I can temporarily digest like a machine. I think it's due to the raised dopamine, because I think technically alcohol is supposed to stall and slow digestion. My acid reflux also goes away, and I know they treat acid reflux with benzodiazepines. Sorry to get graphic but the morning after an evening of heavy liquor use my bowel movement looks like a healthy black bears: formed, large, proper brown color. Usually it's somewhat loose and I see undigested plant materials etc. I don't see how heavy alcohol use could temporarily improve my chronic weak digestion unless it was mostly mental. Of course I get a hangover and my digestion sucks for days after, so it's not a solution, just something interesting to note. That's just me, just sharing my 2 cents. I know gastric juice secretion is directly related to your mood and "lust" for food and thus the "palatable-ness" of food has it's place for proper digestion. For example, shoving liver down your throat if the smell is disgusting you is not going to be good for gastric secretion. I dunno, just don't freak out over yeast, bugs, and other digestive boogey men spouted on the internet. Many people eat horribly for decades and still are happy and function at full time jobs. I don't meditate and should probably practice what I preach, but that might be your best bet, and it's free! Again, just my 2 cents to keep in mind.

DaveFoster

Which amino acids and mineral supplements? Did they have any particular excipients in them? Did you take them with aspirin?
I did take them with aspirin (1-2.5 grams/day). For minerals, magnesium seems to be the worst offender, but zinc/copper can be pretty bad as well. I also couldn't tolerate baking soda before now. For amino acids, I'm sensitive to glycine (due to large quantities) and possibly taurine, but it's hard to pin it on just one.

OP
F

FredSonoma

I did take them with aspirin (1-2.5 grams/day). For minerals, magnesium seems to be the worst offender, but zinc/copper can be pretty bad as well. I also couldn't tolerate baking soda before now. For amino acids, I'm sensitive to glycine (due to large quantities) and possibly taurine, but it's hard to pin it on just one.

I thought I was the only one with issues with oral magnesium!! You don't have any problems with topical magnesium though? Even that bothers me somewhat (diarrhea, dandruff, weird mood / indecisiveness). I can't get enough magnesium - I feel myself constantly craving it, but when I supplement it is always gives me problems.

meatbag

How are you guys taking the aspirin? I use the gericare-dissolve the pills in hot water and filter the starch with a coffee filter and always take it after eating something. Seems to help me if I'm feeling not feeling well. The exception being when I took the crappy pills straight up a couple months ago and when I took it on an empty stomach.

@FredSonoma Have you tried taking magnesium with pregnenolone? Are you taking it as mag bicarb? Helps me alot

Kyle M

Yea. I know when I drink a bunch or vodka I can temporarily digest like a machine. I think it's due to the raised dopamine, because I think technically alcohol is supposed to stall and slow digestion. My acid reflux also goes away, and I know they treat acid reflux with benzodiazepines.

I don't see how heavy alcohol use could temporarily improve my chronic weak digestion unless it was mostly mental.

Actually I see this as evidence for the SIBO hypothesis. Alcohol is potently antibacterial. I too have noticed that I have less overt SIBO symptoms some times associated with alcohol consumption. There is history in this as well, the reason beer and wine were so popular in European history was in part due to the anti-septic effect of the ethanol on their dirty water supplies.

I get the opposite from alcohol. Nothing makes my digestion worse than washing down a meal with wine or beer. Does that imply a different type if digestion problem?

DaveFoster

I thought I was the only one with issues with oral magnesium!! You don't have any problems with topical magnesium though? Even that bothers me somewhat (diarrhea, dandruff, weird mood / indecisiveness). I can't get enough magnesium - I feel myself constantly craving it, but when I supplement it is always gives me problems.
I haven't noticed any negatives from topical. I think oral magnesium is best taken with food, and if you have a healthy gut, then it shouldn't be a problem. Supporting the gut should be a top priority.

How are you guys taking the aspirin? I use the gericare-dissolve the pills in hot water and filter the starch with a coffee filter and always take it after eating something. Seems to help me if I'm feeling not feeling well. The exception being when I took the crappy pills straight up a couple months ago and when I took it on an empty stomach.

@FredSonoma Have you tried taking magnesium with pregnenolone? Are you taking it as mag bicarb? Helps me alot
Animal aspirin powder (acetylsalicylic acid) + baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) = sodium salicylate. This neutralizes aspirin's acidity and subsequently makes it easier on your gut lining.

Add to smoothies or down the hatch.

meatbag

I haven't noticed any negatives from topical. I think oral magnesium is best taken with food, and if you have a healthy gut, then it shouldn't be a problem. Supporting the gut should be a top priority.

Animal aspirin powder (acetylsalicylic acid) + baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) = sodium salicylate. This neutralizes aspirin's acidity and subsequently makes it easier on your gut lining.

Add to smoothies or down the hatch.

Yeah I've taken it with baking soda and mag. I wonder if people having problems with aspirin is similar to when people have problems with vitamin e, in that it's anti-inflammatory effect is temperately making this seem worse even though it is excreting a beneficial action.

ziton

Hi thebigpeatowski, were you taking crushed garlic as you wrote on an empty stomach or with / just before meals and did it solve the SIBO/gut issues for you ? TIA

Do have references to the B6 thing? I could only find it from one source: Dr. Hoffer and Prousky.

Yeah you know I can;t find where I saw it. I read it yesterday. I was trying to figure out if zinc and some other vitamin were in tune with each other, then I saw zinc and b6 make stomach acid. I then went and ate a tuna sandwich nad felt my mouth salivating a lot and I felt way, way, way, way better. ALthough.. I'd recommend not doing the supplement and only doing real food sources of it... it seems like some people developed some messed up B vitamin pathways from taking too much..

Barry Obummer

I get the opposite from alcohol. Nothing makes my digestion worse than washing down a meal with wine or beer. Does that imply a different type if digestion problem?
Wine helps my digestion. Beer is always bad with food. If you are going to drink beer you are better off just drinking a dark beer and not eating anything solid.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals