What helps rosacea... and where can I find it!

BNH345521

I've been dealing with this for a couple of years now, and I feel like anything I do doesn't help. I want to walk around normal without having to cover up with makeup ALL the time!

The sun makes it flare, touching it makes it flare, and it looks like I'm walking around with 24/7 sunburn on my face! I know people on here have recommended a low dose of doxycycline... Without having to go to a dermatologist and having them prescribe me something bogus, which is a good source to find or what can I do to help this.

Attached is a picture of my face... and this is how it is all the time, most of the time worse or even redder. Literally the color of a tomato!

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• 20240428_184112.jpg
    20240428_184112.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3

brocktoon

I've been dealing with this for a couple of years now, and I feel like anything I do doesn't help. I want to walk around normal without having to cover up with makeup ALL the time!

The sun makes it flare, touching it makes it flare, and it looks like I'm walking around with 24/7 sunburn on my face! I know people on here have recommended a low dose of doxycycline... Without having to go to a dermatologist and having them prescribe me something bogus, which is a good source to find or what can I do to help this.

Attached is a picture of my face... and this is how it is all the time, most of the time worse or even redder. Literally the color of a tomato!

Thanks so much!
Hi. I use a topical minocycline foam for a scalp condition, but it's typically prescribed for rosacea and often helps. Zilxi (Minocycline Topical Foam): Side Effects, Uses, Dosage, Interactions, Warnings

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
There was someone on here, @LadyRae, who used ivermectin topically on her rosacea.

Nick

This is one manifestation of retinoid toxicity. I would recommend avoiding toxic ivermectin that works by shutting down detox in the cell and also injures the liver. The long term solution is fixing the liver and avoiding vitamin A.

You could try topical zinc picolinate or zinc niacinate. Zinc niacinate may make the skin temporarily redder (for 1-2 hours if you get a flush), the zinc picolinate would not. Here's one source for zinc niacinate: https://www.etsy.com/shop/terraniantreasures/

jameske

Increase calcium in your diet and reduce phosphate until your face calms down. You'll have to experiment with that.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Hi. I use a topical minocycline foam for a scalp condition, but it's typically prescribed for rosacea and often helps. Zilxi (Minocycline Topical Foam): Side Effects, Uses, Dosage, Interactions, Warnings
Suppressing a detox pathway with minocycline is not the way to treat "vitamin A" toxicity. Not only are you suppressing a detox pathway you are damaging the liver in the long run.

There was someone on here, @LadyRae, who used ivermectin topically on her rosacea.
Using toxic Ivermection to stop a detox pathway is asking for trouble later down the road.
The rosacea is from "vitamin A" toxicity. A low toxin and low "vitamin A" diet and lifestyle fixes this.

valzim

Thanks so much!
100% from Vitamin A toxicity. Exactly what Nick and Charlie said.
Some people may not be able to do it but avoid ALL vitamin A or beta carotene foods. No milk, dairy, eggs, liver, salmon, other cold water fish, sweet potatoes, carrots, mangos, pineapple, watermelon, citrus, kale, spinach. And more. Stop supplementing with any vitamin that has Vit A.

Grant Genereux's book will explain everything.

cdg

Please start with the following article which is a bit challenging to the uninitiated but you can still get a lot out of it by rereading it a few times:

Rosacea, inflammation, and aging: The inefficiency of stress

In essence here is what you need to do:

Get:

Vitamin B Complex Solution 500mL
Prairie Naturals Vitamin B Complex Solution 500mL

B2 (Riboflavin) supplement such as:
Jamieson Vitamin B2 100mg 100 Tablets

Vitamin D3 & K2
CanPrev Vitamin D3 & K2+MCT 240 Softgels

Niacinamide (B3)
NOW Niacinamide 500mg 100 Veggie Caps

Follow instruction on the bottles

Please try to avoid vegetable (seed) oils, coconut, butter, ghee and tallow are best:

Suitable Fats, Unsuitable Fats: Issues in Nutrition

View: https://www.bitchute.com/video/W1Sned2DDDV8/
32 min.

Meanwhile, if not already, just use tea tree oil and apple cider vinegar every morning and night
on a cotton ball on your face as a toner and that should help while vitamins take hold.

Most people are low in Magnesium so a few baths with Epson salts should help in that area.

Eating some good cheese should balance the Magnesium with Calcium

And drinking a couple of Orange juice glasses/day will give you the needed vitamin C etc.

A major issue these days is the gut biome which causes many skin issues. L. Reuteri — The Bacteria You’re Missing and the Superfood Yogurt I Love!

grapes

It could be worth testing for Helicobacter Pylori, especially if you have acid reflux. My rosacea reduced after eradicating it. (though it's different from yours, I don't have p&p, but more persistent redness) I follow low vit. A diet too, my rosacea was most probably caused by accutane.
Increase calcium in your diet and reduce phosphate until your face calms down. You'll have to experiment with that.
What such diet would look like?

jameske

That diet can look like anything really. The only thing I found was keeping the calcium at 1.2 to 1 phosphate give or take. I used cronometer to monitor this and used egg shell calcium to deliver the required calcium, if it was necessary. It made wine and beer drinkable and coffee and tea fine. If I had a recurrence, I might for a short time increase the calcium and that would deal with it.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Please start with the following article which is a bit challenging to the uninitiated but you can still get a lot out of it by rereading it a few times:

Get:

Vitamin D3 & K2

Niacinamide (B3)

Please try to avoid vegetable (seed) oils, coconut, butter, ghee and tallow are best:

32 min.

Meanwhile, if not already, just use tea tree oil and apple cider vinegar every morning and night
on a cotton ball on your face as a toner and that should help while vitamins take hold.

Most people are low in Magnesium so a few baths with Epson salts should help in that area.

And drinking a couple of Orange juice glasses/day will give you the needed vitamin C etc.

A major issue these days is the gut biome which causes many skin issues. L. Reuteri — The Bacteria You’re Missing and the Superfood Yogurt I Love!

About L. Reuteri:
This is very easy to make at home, on your own.
You start with Biogaia Gastrus and a Luvele yogurt maker. All you need then is milk and powdered lactose.
If you want details, ask me, and I will post them here.
This is much cheaper than taking Biogaia Gastrus each day, and you get billions more of the good bacteria each day.

OP
B

BNH345521

Get:

Vitamin D3 & K2

Niacinamide (B3)

32 min.

Thank you so much! This is probably the best descriptive advice I've gotten. I will take a look at the video and look into the vitamins, tea tree oil and ACV for the face! I appreciate you!

OP
B

BNH345521

About L. Reuteri:
This is very easy to make at home, on your own.
You start with Biogaia Gastrus and a Luvele yogurt maker. All you need then is milk and powdered lactose.
If you want details, ask me, and I will post them here.
This is much cheaper than taking Biogaia Gastrus each day, and you get billions more of the good bacteria each day.
Yes please!! Details!

OP
B

BNH345521

100% from Vitamin A toxicity. Exactly what Nick and Charlie said.
Some people may not be able to do it but avoid ALL vitamin A or beta carotene foods. No milk, dairy, eggs, liver, salmon, other cold water fish, sweet potatoes, carrots, mangos, pineapple, watermelon, citrus, kale, spinach. And more. Stop supplementing with any vitamin that has Vit A.

Grant Genereux's book will explain everything.
And live on what? This doesn't really seem Ray Peat agreed?

OP
B

BNH345521

This is one manifestation of retinoid toxicity. I would recommend avoiding toxic ivermectin that works by shutting down detox in the cell and also injures the liver. The long term solution is fixing the liver and avoiding vitamin A.

You could try topical zinc picolinate or zinc niacinate. Zinc niacinate may make the skin temporarily redder (for 1-2 hours if you get a flush), the zinc picolinate would not. Here's one source for zinc niacinate: https://www.etsy.com/shop/terraniantreasures/
I looked up with Retinoid toxicity was, and it doesn't seem I have any of the symptoms it has. Not sure if this is accurate?

OP
B

BNH345521

Suppressing a detox pathway with minocycline is not the way to treat "vitamin A" toxicity. Not only are you suppressing a detox pathway you are damaging the liver in the long run.

Using toxic Ivermection to stop a detox pathway is asking for trouble later down the road.

The rosacea is from "vitamin A" toxicity. A low toxin and low "vitamin A" diet and lifestyle fixes this.
Not really sure this is what I have... I don't have any of the following symptoms it is supposed to have... just the dry itchy skin on my face... caused from rosacea.

Nick

I looked up with Retinoid toxicity was, and it doesn't seem I have any of the symptoms it has. Not sure if this is accurate?
Not really sure this is what I have... I don't have any of the following symptoms it is supposed to have... just the dry itchy skin on my face... caused from rosacea.
Rosacea is the body pushing retinoic acid and other retinoids (forms of "vitamin" A) out through the skin. Retinoids poisoning the skin cells cause things like redness, itching, dryness, cracking, peeling, pimples, rashes--basically all skin conditions like rosacea, exema, acne etc. are different manifestations of retinoid toxicity, with different presentation due to different ratios of retinoids and other toxins, and also differing depending on what kind of resources the body musters to try to repair the damaged tissue and sequester or detoxify the toxins.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals