The pro-metabolic effects of apple polyphenols

Coderr

Dried apple peels are sold in my country. Would this also be beneficial?

Kyle970

I’m not sure but I read this summary on Joel Greene’s Immunity Code. I haven’t read it personally though.

RESTORING THE GUT LINING
PART 1
Think of a series of legos. You learn one simple thing. It’s easy to do and has great power. Each one builds upon the next. Before you know it, its like you have a black belt in Jiu-Jitsu. That’s how you will hack into Peak Human. It is much easier than what you have been doing. By the time we reach the end of the book you will be well equipped to do something that seems impossible — hack into Peak Human physiology, eat anything, anytime, and do it all on the go with no meal prep to keep your body younger, longer.
Let’s begin. YOU NEED:
A bag of apples.
Day 1-3: Day 4-5:
Eat skins of two apples, Eat skins of four apples,
When to take: mornings.
WHAT IT DOES:
There is one very specific bacteria most responsible for the health of your gut lining. It is called Akkermansia Mucinilpha. It is very difficult to feed directly, meaning, to provide what it needs to thrive. Apple skins are one of the only ways to feed Akkermansia.
Nice, thanks! I've been slowly trying some morning apple bits.

Adora77

I understand apple peel is the site of polyphenols and eating the flesh or drinking tea juice lacks them.
Akkermansia feeds on numerous substances such as lactulose. Symbiotic probiotics like a strain of Lactobacillus increase Akkermansia too, currently one product titled Pendulum is on the market for blood sugar regulation.

Healthseeker

I wanted to just chime in on this thread and say, I think apples are really good for you, and they give me a lot of energy. I'm doing a pretty clean diet right now where i eat 3 eggs and an apple for breakfast, and the apple really sets if off. If I forget the apple, my energy is shot. Where if I eat an apple im better than I ever was at work. Even in the evening, if I eat an apple I feel better, its not just the sugar, theres just something about just apples. Like I can eat a bunch of watermelon, and get a lot of sugar, its summer so I do that, but its not the same, my focus is different, its something about the polyphenols.

Vinny

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I wanted to just chime in on this thread and say, I think apples are really good for you, and they give me a lot of energy. I'm doing a pretty clean diet right now where i eat 3 eggs and an apple for breakfast, and the apple really sets if off. If I forget the apple, my energy is shot. Where if I eat an apple im better than I ever was at work. Even in the evening, if I eat an apple I feel better, its not just the sugar, theres just something about just apples. Like I can eat a bunch of watermelon, and get a lot of sugar, its summer so I do that, but its not the same, my focus is different, its something about the polyphenols.
I love them too. I remember when I was a kid eating one every day after school. I’ve been doing it again in my 50’s and I’m not sure why I ever stopped all those years in between.

Healthseeker

I love them too. I remember when I was a kid eating one every day after school. I’ve been doing it again in my 50’s and I’m not sure why I ever stopped all those years in between.
For me it seems like they always change the apples up at the store its hard to be consistent, you find a delicious bunch of apples and its almost luck, and when you go back to get more they are different usually, so its hard to keep eating them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals