The Linus Pauling Collagen Drink That Tastes Good

johnwester130

Some orange juice, not too much is needed.

Acerola powder 26%, a teaspoon
A teaspoon of proline powder,
A teaspoon of lysine powder
A teaspoon of glycine powder, ajipure is preferred

Mix until it all dissolves with a spoon. No loud blenders needed. Surprisingly, it tastes nice.
No hidden MSG and endotoxin from gelatin needed.

B-styles

Some orange juice, not too much is needed.

Acerola powder 26%, a teaspoon
A teaspoon of proline powder,
A teaspoon of lysine powder
A teaspoon of glycine powder, ajipure is preferred

Mix until it all dissolves with a spoon. No loud blenders needed. Surprisingly, it tastes nice.
No hidden MSG and endotoxin from gelatin needed.

MSG and endotoxin in gelatin ?

theLaw

Interesting article. However, wouldn't Great Lakes gelatin which claims grass-fed animals be safer than Knox which is most likely from grain-fed animals ?

It might depend on the health of your gut.

I think Haidut has mentioned using Knox with no issues, but most here use Great Lakes.

Peat has also mentions how cows are very effective at "filtering" out toxins, so the difference is probably negligible.

Ideonaut

It might depend on the health of your gut.

I think Haidut has mentioned using Knox with no issues, but most here use Great Lakes.

Peat has also mentions how cows are very effective at "filtering" out toxins, so the difference is probably negligible.
oh? how are cows going to filter out glyphosate when human bodies can't tell the difference between glyphosate and glycine?
I'd like my wife to use gelatin but she says she only will if it is organic. This https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0784RCXG3/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza is the only one I've seen that claims to be organic, BUT IT DOESN'T SAY "ORGANIC" ON THE LABEL, so my guess is that it is not.

theLaw

oh? how are cows going to filter out glyphosate when human bodies can't tell the difference between glyphosate and glycine?
I'd like my wife to use gelatin but she says she only will if it is organic. This https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0784RCXG3/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza is the only one I've seen that claims to be organic, BUT IT DOESN'T SAY "ORGANIC" ON THE LABEL, so my guess is that it is not.

Here an organic type, but it's pricey:

https://www.amazon.com/Organic-Bone...97&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=gelatin+organic&th=1

Not sure about glyphosate, but people might not be worried it if their intake is minimal. I'm sure Hairpo's gummies aren't from grass-fed cows, but they're very popular.

Also, the organic gelatin/collogen appears to be twice the price of Great Lakes.

Ideonaut

Here an organic type, but it's pricey:

https://www.amazon.com/Organic-Bone-Broth-Gelatin-Italian/dp/B076BB346K/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1515445597&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=gelatin+organic&th=1

Not sure about glyphosate, but people might not be worried it if their intake is minimal. I'm sure Hairpo's gummies aren't from grass-fed cows, but they're very popular.

Also, the organic gelatin/collogen appears to be twice the price of Great Lakes.
yep, too pricey for me. Maybe broth from organic chickens.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

Maybe taurine could replace the proline

Lysine to remove cholesterol deposits
Taurine to restore normal heart pump
Glycine to repair the artery

Proline does the same as lysine from my understanding so could be omitted

Travis

Maybe taurine could replace the proline

Lysine to remove cholesterol deposits
Taurine to restore normal heart pump
Glycine to repair the artery

Proline does the same as lysine from my understanding so could be omitted
The Linus Pauling articles on this are great; nobody explains a biological mechanism quite like Pauling, who is actually generally given credit as being the first to do so. After winning a Nobel Prize in chemistry for what was actually quantum physics, Pauling boldly attacked biochemical problems of his day. He figured-out the protein α-helix structure, explained sickle-cell anemia, and gave the best explanation of cardiovascular disease down to the molecular level.

Apolipoprotein(a) is a circulating blood protein, and can become part of low-density lipoprotein particles (circulating protein-lipid chimeras which are defined based-on density, and not chemical composition.) But this one is different than other lipoprotein proteins, as the Lp(a) protein strongly binds frayed and damaged collagen on the arterial wall. This leads to plaques, but can actually be seen as protective since it prevents blood loss.

Apolipoprotein(a) is upregulated in the event of vitamin C deficiency. This particle binds to the arterial walls at collagen's lysine side-chains, and lysine–sepharose is actually used to separate it from the blood. When its binding domain is filled with free lysine, its ability to bind the arterial wall is completely abrogated. For these reasons, lysine and vitamin C are very likely the best things to take for cardiovascular disease.

Mito

For these reasons, lysine and vitamin C are very likely the best things to take for cardiovascular disease.
Is it true that lysine and vitamin C also bind to free (non-ceruloplasmin bound) copper and help excrete it from the body?

Travis

Is it true that lysine and vitamin C also bind to free (non-ceruloplasmin bound) copper and help excrete it from the body?
I can this happening in the case of ascorbate since it has those partial negative hydroxyl, keto, and cycloether groups. But when imagining lysine, this has a terminal amino group. Since this would be positively charged in the body (–NH₃⁺) a person might expect this end to repel the copper ion (Cu²⁺).

I seems as though all di‐ and tricarboxyl molecules bind di‐ and trivalent cations pretty well, respectively. I know about aluminum malate, aluminum citrate, calcium oxalate, and calcium γ-carboxyglutamate, but you'd expect all molecules of this type having ⁽²⁺⁾cation‐binding properties (as long as the carboxyl groups aren't separated by too many carbons or course).

Ünaleroğlu, Canan. "Synthesis and characterization of copper ascorbate." Synthesis and Reactivity in Inorganic and Metal-Organic Chemistry (2001)

It appears that platinum ascorbate has been proposed as a treatment for cancer and 'AIDS!'

It seems to complex with copper better than anything else, zinc and iron perhaps being number two (for biologically-relevant molecules.) I don't like his picture here:

Cu.png click to embiggen: Image depicting copper ascorbate complex.

...since I had had imagined the 'tail' participating a bit. I'll get a second opinion: Tajmir-Riahi, H. A. "Coordination chemistry of vitamin C. Part II. Interaction of L-ascorbic acid with Zn (II), Cd (II), Hg (II), and Mn (II) ions in the solid state and in aqueous solution." Journal of inorganic biochemistry (1991):

'However, in the crystalline solid, the coordination of metal ions via O-5, O-6 (chelation), O-3, O-S, O-6 (chelation), O-1, O-2 (chelation) and O-2, O-3 (chelation) as well as unidentately bonded ascorbate anion have been observed [6-H].' ―Tajmir-Riahi

ascorbic acid.png nmr.png click to embiggen

'Although ascorbic acid has several donor atoms (O-1, O-2, O-3, O-4, O-5, and O-6) capable of metal complex formation, the binding mode of this acid anion has been the subject of much controversy [5, 10, 11, 12, 131]' ―Tajmir-Riahi

But since the magnetic resonance hydrogen shifts of the #6 oxygen are minor (Table 1), you have to assume that it doesn't participate. It seems capable of binding Fe²⁺, Zn²⁺, Mn²⁺, and Cu²⁺ at the catechol area (oxygens #2 & 3). The is the active area, and oxidation and reduction occur here. I think its well‐known that ascorbate can increase iron's activity in water, perhaps by stabilizing it and giving it electrons.. .

a01fig01.jpg

[Generic catechol depicted above, yet similar to ascorbate.]

Last edited:
OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

it's interesting looking back on this, but I have never actually done the real pauling therapy

I did lysine with orange juice
acerola, orange juice and lysine/proline
orange juice // lysine with taurine
orange juice , acerola, / glycine// proline// lysine// taurine

I never actually just did vitamin C powder with lysine. I will try it after buying quali-C.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom