“Peaty” Sweets, Sauces, Starches & Other Splurges

kaybb

"PEATY" PEANUT BUTTER CUPS

1. Gather ingredients. You will need cupcake liners and a standard muffin tin. I use liquid coconut oil for these.

2. In a small crock pot or double boiler, melt chocolate chips or chocolate bar. I used semisweet, but milk chocolate would be closer to Reece's. I also use lecithin free chips. Enjoy Life and Equal Exchange are both lecithin free brands, and tastes just as good, if not better, than the top name brands. Add a teaspoon of liquid coconut oil to about 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.

3. In a small food chopper, put 1/2 cup defatted peanut powder, 2 tablespoons liquid coconut oil, 4 teaspoons homemade powdered sugar and blend till incorporated.

4. Place 4 paper liners in the muffin tin. Put a couple of tablespoons of chocolate in each one. Drop in a couple teaspoons of the peanut butter into the chocolate spreading to the edges as possible with out touching the edges. Place in the freezer for about 15 minutes to harden. Remove from freezer and top with a tablespoon more of melted chocolate, spreading to cover the peanut butter. Refrigerate until hardened. Pull off the paper liners and serve at room temperature.

This was my first time making this idea. I made 5 of them, but next time I would make 4 so there would be more filling. You could sprinkle onto the peanut butter some chopped salted macadamias, before topping with the chocolate, for a crunchy version.

“Chocolate is probably protective too, and it is a good source of magnesium and antioxidants.”
-Ray Peat
Fantastic! I’ve missed pnut butter soo much the last 4 yrs trying to be Peaty. This sound delish!!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Fantastic! I’ve missed pnut butter soo much the last 4 yrs trying to be Peaty. This sound delish!!

You will love it! My husband's favorite candy bar is Reece's Peanut Butter Cups and he says mine are way better! He said he likes how they melt in your mouth! My 25 year old son has me making peanut butter every other day since creating this healthier version a week ago. We just eat a half spoonful with raspberry jelly, and we don't even miss the bread! Let me know how yours turns out!

kaybb

You will love it! My husband's favorite candy bar is Reece's Peanut Butter Cups and he says mine are way better! He said he likes how they melt in your mouth! My 25 year old son has me making peanut butter every other day since creating this healthier version a week ago. We just eat a half spoonful with raspberry jelly, and we don't even miss the bread! Let me know how yours turns out!
Awesome !! I will ?

PeskyPeater

Excellent recipe's!
I find onions not peaty enough for me, the quercetin in onions can act pro-oxidant. I like to avoid those.
Do you know of an alternative for onions?

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Excellent recipe's!
I find onions not peaty enough for me, the quercetin in onions can act pro-oxidant. I like to avoid those.
Do you know of an alternative for onions?

Thanks Peater! In which recipe are you wanting the onion substitute?

PeskyPeater

Thanks Peater! In which recipe are you wanting the onion substitute?
In particular the OYSTER STEW and SHRIMP (Lobster or Crab) BISQUE.

Also, what could be an alternative for garlic and chilipepper in soups and sauce.. or let me say: I know they can be use to function to mask some flavors in less tasty dishes making theme more appetizing. Tough one...

OP
Rinse & rePeat

Also, what could be an alternative for garlic and chilipepper in soups and sauce.. or let me say: I know they can be use to function to mask some flavors in less tasty dishes making theme more appetizing. Tough one...

Ohhh ok! So the onions are not necessary in the oyster Stew. I have made that oyster stew a couple of dozen times with fresh oysters and the Prince Edward's water packed oysters and we like the canned better. Draining the liquids and a gentle rinse makes the soup very mild. I cut up the oysters and it just tastes like a great seafood chowder. Don't fear the chowder! My husband was scared of those canned oysters, but he is excited mow everytime I make the oyster stew!

OP
Rinse & rePeat

I disagree that garlic and chili powder is used to mask bad flavors. Each ingredient in a dish should stand on it's own, with the seasonings like chiles and garlic adding new dimensions and taking the dish higher. What flavors would you be trying to mask? I know for me it was beef liver, but making sure it is frozen at slaughter and frozen then eaten freshly defrosted is like night and day to the already defrosted store bought liver. I don't have to choke liver down with a tequila shot anymore. I actually like it and look forward to it now.

PeskyPeater

I disagree that garlic and chili powder is used to mask bad flavors. Each ingredient in a dish should stand on it's own, with the seasonings like chiles and garlic adding new dimensions and taking the dish higher. What flavors would you be trying to mask? I know for me it was beef liver, but making sure it is frozen at slaughter and frozen then eaten freshly defrosted is like night and day to the already defrosted store bought liver. I don't have to choke liver down with a tequila shot anymore. I actually like it and look forward to it now.
to mask the flavors in seafoods actually

PeskyPeater

I was under the impression that people in poor countries were using their spices to flavor up their sub-optimal foods, and thus masking bad flavor. And usually they use hot spice and garlic, which tend to be overruling the flavor of their dishes that's what I tried to say

PeskyPeater

Ohhh ok! So the onions are not necessary in the oyster Stew. I have made that oyster stew a couple of dozen times with fresh oysters and the Prince Edward's water packed oysters and we like the canned better. Draining the liquids and a gentle rinse makes the soup very mild. I cut up the oysters and it just tastes like a great seafood chowder. Don't fear the chowder! My husband was scared of those canned oysters, but he is excited mow everytime I make the oyster stew!
Good to know that draining and rinsing makes the soup mild. actually I too was scared of the flavor of oysters. Your recipe seems awesome. gonna try it soon, thanks

PeskyPeater

Although garlic is a practical spice, it is an irritant..

It's a stomach irritant and has an inflammatory impact on the gut, and in doing so activate the release of serotonin,. Mainly cos of its toxic vascular effects coming from it's hydrogen sulfur compounds that can disrupt the endothelial function by increasing Nitric Oxide effects.

Hydrogen sulfide (H2S) is produced in the gut from cysteine by epithelial cells and by the intestinal microbiota. Initially considered as a toxic gas, the pleiotropic effects of H2S are now recognized, especially in the colonic mucosa
Recent findings Cysteine degradation by the microbiota emerged as a dominant pathway for H2S production. Among bacteria producing H2S from cysteine, Fusobacterium appears as a pivotal genus associated with digestive diseases. H2S promotes or alleviates mucosal inflammation, mostly according to its high (high micromolar to millimolar) or low (nanomolar to low micromolar) concentration, respectively. H2S maintains the integrity of the mucus layer when derived from endogenous metabolism but is detrimental for this parameter when produced in excess by gut microbes. In inflammatory bowel diseases, an upregulation of H2S production from cysteine by the gut microbiota is observed concomitantly with a downregulation of enzymes implicated in its mucosal detoxification. In colorectal cancer patients, an upregulation of both endogenous and microbial H2S production from cysteine are observed at tumor site that might contribute to disease progression.
and Cysteine and hydrogen sulphide in the regulation of metabolism: insights from genetics and pharmacology

The effects of garlic preparations, including dehydrated raw garlic powder (RGP), dehydrated boiled garlic powder (BGP) and aged garlic extract (AGE), on the gastric mucosa were determined using a newly established endoscopic air-powder delivery system, which can deliver solid materials directly into the stomach. Among the three preparations, RGP caused severe damage, including erosion. BGP also caused reddening of the mucosa, whereas AGE did not cause any undesirable effects. The safety of enteric-coated garlic products was also determined. Direct administration of pulverized enteric-coated products on the gastric mucosa caused reddening of the mucosa. When an enteric-coated tablet was administered orally, it caused loss of epithelial cells at the top of crypts in the ileum. These results suggest that caution be used with regard to safety and effectiveness when choosing a garlic preparation because some preparations may have undesirable effects, including gastrointestinal problems.
Aged garlic in contrary seems to have oke effects.

Last edited:
OP
Rinse & rePeat
to mask the flavors in seafoods actually

We had a really great fish market/restaurant in town. The guy was strict about the seafood he would sell, being a third generation fisherman. Until he opened that place, I didn't like seafood because of it's fishiness. My first time stepping in to see what the restaurant had to offer had the owner behind the fresh fish case and him asking me what I wanted. I told him "no thanks" because I don't like seafood. When he pried further as to why, I told him because of the fishiness. That is when i learned a huge lesson about seafood, it should never be fishy. Fishy means it is not fresh. He had me smell every piece of seafood in the case and none smelled fishy, and much of it was even sweet eeet smelling, like the scallops and shrimp. Sobi bought some shrimp from him and was hooked on fresh seafood ever sense. No other meat compares! Since then I NEVER buy fish from the grocery store, only fresh caught or fresh caught and flash frozen. It takes a bit of know how to bring frozen fish back to life to being moist, but it is fresher than anything i ever had from the grocery store or most restaurants. Not to say all frozen fish is always frozen in a timely manner, but I have pretty good luck finding the gems. I personally don't what could possibly mask a fishy seafood taste.

OP
Rinse & rePeat

If you don't want to use sweet onions in the bisque you would have to use a little more flour to thicken the soup. Another trick to thicken a soup is to puree a little cooked white rice with a small amount of the soup until it is smooth and the pour it back in. It keeps the soup clean, and with vegetable soups, like tomato soup, it's particularly good because it gives it a creaminess without using a lot of cream!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I was under the impression that people in poor countries were using their spices to flavor up their sub-optimal foods, and thus masking bad flavor. And usually they use hot spice and garlic, which tend to be overruling the flavor of their dishes that's what I tried to say

That very well may be true, but those spices are delicious on higher quality foods. I would imagine you really couldn't appreciate their favors against a fishy palate verses a sweet or savory one. Thank goodness for garlic and chilies in those countries, because in large amounts they also kill bacteria and other nasties that could make a person ill. That is why they serve wasabi with sushi, just in case, to kill baceteria.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Although garlic is a practical spice, it is an irritant..

It's a stomach irritant and has an inflammatory impact on the gut, and in doing so activate the release of serotonin,. Mainly cos of its toxic vascular effects coming from it's hydrogen sulfur compounds that can disrupt the endothelial function by increasing Nitric Oxide effects.

and Cysteine and hydrogen sulphide in the regulation of metabolism: insights from genetics and pharmacology

Aged garlic in contrary seems to have oke effects.

I love black garlic! What an incredible and unusual flavor. It is so so high in histamines though, so I had to give my stash away, and will not do that again! I made this fantastic gravy with my black garlic salt and this smoked paprika shrimp!

Attachments

• 20210104_122840.jpg
    20210104_122840.jpg
    448.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 20201224_091757.jpg
    20201224_091757.jpg
    493.4 KB · Views: 19

PeskyPeater

That very well may be true, but those spices are delicious on higher quality foods. I would imagine you really couldn't appreciate their favors against a fishy palate verses a sweet or savory one. Thank goodness for garlic and chilies in those countries, because in large amounts they also kill bacteria and other nasties that could make a person ill. That is why they serve wasabi with sushi, just in case, to kill baceteria.
I think they are addicted to spicy food because it releases endorphins, but I'm happy for them that it makes it palatable.

PeskyPeater

Thank you for the examples with the aged garlic. maybe I'll try that sometime.

Oh normally histamines in food shouldn't be a big deal if gut health is oke, they need to get through three barriers:

Diamine oxidase (DAO) decomposes histamine, especially in the intestine before uptake.

Histamine-N-methyltransferase (HNMT) is able to decompose histamine inside the cells.

Furthermore, monoaminoxidase B (MAO-B) is able to degrade histamine.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I think they are addicted to spicy food because it releases endorphins, but I'm happy for them that it makes it palatable.
I am happy glfor them too cause I LOVE spicy spices! I don't think a day goes by that I don't eat something spicy! I always said if I was abandoned on a deserted island and I could only have one item to have it would be hot sauce! I figured with bugs, lizards and other nasty things I would maybe have to resort to eating hot sauces would make it go down much easier!

PeskyPeater

I am happy glfor them too cause I LOVE spicy spices! I don't think a day goes by that I don't eat something spicy! I always said if I was abandoned on a deserted island and I could only have one item to have it would be hot sauce! I figured with bugs, lizards and other nasty things I would maybe have to resort to eating hot sauces would make it go down much easier!
haha, your response cracks me up ! Thats means If you were the host of a robinson island show, and We got invited, be a necessity to eat bugs a lá chilipper. ouch them turds in them bushes. :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom