Near Infrared Light and Heart Health

David PS

akgrrrl

This is a mouse study but it surprising that light had a benefit on heart health. I have been using my red and near infrared lights on a daily basis since the beginning of November and this may be an unexpected benift.

Photobiomodulation therapy mitigates cardiovascular aging and improves survival

Good find. So I just increased my array with an infrared but obviously cannot get full body with handhelds. I wonder if heart area specific placement with longer time would achieve similar results?

EvanHinkle

I’ve always been so fascinated with red light and I finally seem to have discovered why I got varying results in the past. I think glycogen storage is a limiting factor for me. When I’m topped up so to speak, it’s like the red light is just a switch for healing. If I’m running on empty it’s a switch for stress. I really like the effects I get from a “coke float” or a coke with added taurine. For those who might not be familiar with the term, a coke float is a coke with a scoop of ice cream added. Another useful fuel is warm skim milk with two tablespoons of honey melted in.

I’m having much more consistency switching to that healing mode making sure I’ve carbed up before the session, (also keeping the sessions shorter-I use a hand-held device for photobiomodulation-no more than 3-5 minutes per organ/body part).

I’ve been experimenting with high dose, (1-1.2 grams) caffeine over the last two weeks in an attempt to lean out my liver and have continued to notice much more beneficial effects from red light.

Source Code

I wonder how long the mice would have lived for if they didn't get sacrificed. Cool study, I used my red light to help heal some chronic wounds.

OP
David PS

David PS

Good find. So I just increased my array with an infrared but obviously cannot get full body with handhelds. I wonder if heart area specific placement with longer time would achieve similar results?
My personal opinion is that near-infrared has systemic effects. It also has increased effects local on areas that are specifically targeted with light. So I agree that longer time and more light would be helpful.

This article dated Arpil 5, 2023 generally supports this idea. Whole body treatments were just as effective as shining the light directly on the head.

akgrrrl

My personal opinion is that near-infrared has systemic effects. It also has increased effects local on areas that are specifically targeted with light. So I agree that longer time and more light would be helpful.

This article dated Arpil 5, 2023 generally supports this idea. Whole body treatments were just as effective as shining the light directly on the head.
Thanks Luv

Lejeboca

The following paper (ref [49] from the OP's paper) explains a mechanism of how NIR works on the post-ischemia reperfusion of the heart. It is done via the nitric oxide release from blood proteins and without extra nitric-oxide synthase activity. In particular,

"NIR applied during reperfusion protects the myocardium against infarction in an [nitric oxide] NO-dependent, but [e-nitric oxide synthase] NOS-independent mechanisms, whereby mitochondria may be a target of NO released by NIR, leading to reduced reactive oxygen species generation during reperfusion."

Far red/near infrared light-induced protection against cardiac ischemia and reperfusion injury remains intact under diabetic conditions and is independent of nitric oxide synthase

1681002222678.png

Lejeboca

The following paper (ref [49] from the OP's paper) explains a mechanism of how NIR works on the post-ischemia reperfusion of the heart. It is done via the nitric oxide release from blood proteins and without extra nitric-oxide synthase activity. In particular,

"NIR applied during reperfusion protects the myocardium against infarction in an [nitric oxide] NO-dependent, but [e-nitric oxide synthase] NOS-independent mechanisms, whereby mitochondria may be a target of NO released by NIR, leading to reduced reactive oxygen species generation during reperfusion."
For the light-mediated release of NO, see also this post by Amazoniac: Red Light Therapy, Lights, Supplemental Lighting

OP
David PS

David PS

ray thought that infrared light could be dangerous
The word "could" may be key to understanding the danger. The newer LEDs emit very little heat. In addition, they have a narrow spectrum of light. They emit less total infrared than ambient sunlight.
RHammond-Circ-Rhythm-1.jpg

The dose is the poison.

Last edited:

EvanHinkle

Ray always spoke so highly of the chicken brooder lamps too though, (at least I have heard him do so). Those are near infrared lights. Is it possible he was talking about far infrared?

OP
David PS

David PS

Ray always spoke so highly of the chicken brooder lamps too though, (at least I have heard him do so). Those are near infrared lights. Is it possible he was talking about far infrared?
The brooder lamps are the hardware that are used. The bulbs that you use in the hardware determines the wavelength of the light.

Far infrared (FIR) is part of sunlight and it is an incidental part of most of light bulbs. NIR are healing wavelengths.

EvanHinkle

The brooder lamps are the hardware that are used. The bulbs that you use in the hardware determines the wavelength of the light.

Far infrared (FIR) is part of sunlight and it is an incidental part of most of light bulbs. NIR are healing wavelengths.
So the only context we have to Ray’s comment is “could” then? I was just hoping to narrow it down a bit. Thanks.

VonKeister

So the only context we have to Ray’s comment is “could” then? I was just hoping to narrow it down a bit. Thanks.
Sorry for not giving proper context. I was asking him about single wavelength red and infrared lights and that was his response. Apparently regular infrared from sunlight and incandescents are fine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230409-201656~2.png
    Screenshot_20230409-201656~2.png
    15 KB · Views: 17

EvanHinkle

Sorry for not giving proper context. I was asking him about single wavelength red and infrared lights and that was his response. Apparently regular infrared from sunlight and incandescents are fine.
Thank you very much for that reply! Super appreciated!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals