My large index and archive of Ray Peat resources (website)

OP
Eth

Eth

Interesting.. I haven't seen it before. Looks like its not built on anything like WP?
Yes... it really is a pain. What if you like a slightly different shade of a color.. hahah
Correct, Hugo isnt built into anything like wordpress, rather its just a general framework generator / static site generator.
And exactly, its annoying little stuff like that that can be very tedious to change, I cant just change it with the click of a button. For example, I wanted to add a "Home" button to all my pages to bring the user back to the main "Library" page, and it wasent just clicking a single button to add it to all pages; i had to go in and do some ctrl-f type stuff manually, of course not for every page one by one but still isnt as easy as it can be. still worth it though in my opinion.

brightside

Correct, Hugo isnt built into anything like wordpress, rather its just a general framework generator / static site generator.
And exactly, its annoying little stuff like that that can be very tedious to change, I cant just change it with the click of a button. For example, I wanted to add a "Home" button to all my pages to bring the user back to the main "Library" page, and it wasent just clicking a single button to add it to all pages; i had to go in and do some ctrl-f type stuff manually, of course not for every page one by one but still isnt as easy as it can be. still worth it though in my opinion.
Gotcha, looks to me like PineGrow.

Trust me, I know that pain.. at one point I had to change the paddings on a bunch of pages.. What a nightmare..

OP
Eth

Eth

Gotcha, looks to me like PineGrow.

Trust me, I know that pain.. at one point I had to change the paddings on a bunch of pages.. What a nightmare..
Yes, it seems to be like PineGrow

Yup, I know that feeling... Such a nightmare hahaha

Normal Human

Hello friends,

I would like to share with you all my website, which has a large health section dedicated almost exclusively to Ray Peat resources, archives, and content. Personally, when I first discovered the work of Dr. Ray Peat, I was ecstatic to delve into his writings to learn more about his teachings, but I often found a problem of a lack of a reliable centralized resource. There are many different resources and websites that I've come across during my time spent researching Dr. Peat's views, and while many of them have wonderful resources and information, it's (in my opinion) just a little too confusing (especially for the newcomer!) to try and navigate all this with a poor idea of where to start and what they are looking for. The forum has wonderful information embeded inside, but then again, there is the problem of resources being too esoteric in nature to find. Thus, I decided that I should dedicate a section of my personal website to amassing as many benificial and important works concerning and by Dr. Ray peat as I could, in the effort to help myself and others digest Dr. Ray Peat's work with less hassle.

The directory has many different subsections that I collected from many different websites and resources (that I thank and link to at the top of the page). These subsections include:
- A full index of Ray Peat's writings (articles, papers, newsletters, books); ALL of the content from Ray Peat's personal website is archived here, and I formatted all of it so that it is easily readible and accesible (I was not a big fan of the HTML and CSS design on Ray Peat's personal website; the margins for the text was terrible and streatched out to the entire screen at times).
- Written, video and audio interviews of Ray Peat
- Collections of Ray Peats quotes and email exchanges, and more!

Like many of you, I was extremely upset at the unfortunate passing of our friend Dr. Ray Peat, so I dedicated a large subsection of the directory to a sort of e-obituary/memorial I made in honor of our friend Ray Peat. It includes a beautiful eulogy from a man whos writing im quite fond of, a large section of testimony and condolance quotes from fans that I have collected, and an archive post of the thread "Pictures of a Beautiful Energetic Life", where I saved, organized, and archived all the photos sent in that forum post for easy access and viewing.

I really hope you all enjoy this site, and my biggest wish is that you get as much out of it as I put into it (collecting, organizing, formatting, and archiving all of these resources was a LOT of work). Personally, having all the resources (that I could find) centralized in this one area helps me a ton, and I hope that I can share that ease with the rest of you.

If anyone would like to contribute to the site, by sending some more content in through the replies or just giving general feedback, I would very much appreciate that!

Expulsia.com/health

This is an amazing resource and obviously a work of great passion and care. Much appreciated.

I do have a question though - you mention it's a full index of Ray's writings, but is it missing the newsletters of the last 7 years or so? The reason I ask is because I've heard people mention on the forum some of Ray's recent newsletters on topics such as autism, mushrooms, heat-shock proteins for example, but in any of the online compendiums of Ray's writings (including the MEGA Newsletter document and Chadnet) I haven't seen any Newsletters that fit the description. This makes me wonder if his last several years of writing have not been getting updated to these collected archives?

I truly don't know since I wasn't able to subscribe to them, but could someone who was maybe chime in and confirm if this is the case or not?

OP
Eth

Eth

This is an amazing resource and obviously a work of great passion and care. Much appreciated.

I do have a question though - you mention it's a full index of Ray's writings, but is it missing the newsletters of the last 7 years or so? The reason I ask is because I've heard people mention on the forum some of Ray's recent newsletters on topics such as autism, mushrooms, heat-shock proteins for example, but in any of the online compendiums of Ray's writings (including the MEGA Newsletter document and Chadnet) I haven't seen any Newsletters that fit the description. This makes me wonder if his last several years of writing have not been getting updated to these collected archives?

I truly don't know since I wasn't able to subscribe to them, but could someone who was maybe chime in and confirm if this is the case or not?
Thank you very much!! Addressing your question, the index is a "full" index in the sense that it was every Ray Peat writing that I was able to find on the internet. I've searched far and wide, and i've gotten as many newsletters as I can, but the ones that are missing I simply was unable to find. Lots of the ones not in PDF form on the directory are in the MEGA Newsletter document, but yet again, that is by no means not every newsletter.
The simple reason (I assume) as to why there hasent been a centralized archive of the newsletters is just because no one really wanted to or had to the time to organize or compile one, hence the reason I made mine. I would love to add more newsletters to the directory, and ill keep looking for them in and out of the forms, so if you acquire or come across some more, then definitely let me know!

Peachy

Great organization and colors! I look forward to using this as a resource.

...is there a reason that Ray's work attracts so many racists lol? He was a Stalinist and has alluded to being against racism....

OP
Eth

Eth

...is there a reason that Ray's work attracts so many racists lol? He was a Stalinist and has alluded to being against racism....
Not really sure what your alluding too, considering I've never even seen the discussion of race come up before on this forum; and it ideally shouldnt come up on this forum, considering that it has nothing to do with ray peats work and health ideas.
Besides that, I'm not going to debate about race or anything in this forum and I'm going to ask you and others to avoid the topic as well, its just contrary to the topic of this thread.

Normal Human

Thank you very much!! Addressing your question, the index is a "full" index in the sense that it was every Ray Peat writing that I was able to find on the internet. I've searched far and wide, and i've gotten as many newsletters as I can, but the ones that are missing I simply was unable to find. Lots of the ones not in PDF form on the directory are in the MEGA Newsletter document, but yet again, that is by no means not every newsletter.
The simple reason (I assume) as to why there hasent been a centralized archive of the newsletters is just because no one really wanted to or had to the time to organize or compile one, hence the reason I made mine. I would love to add more newsletters to the directory, and ill keep looking for them in and out of the forms, so if you acquire or come across some more, then definitely let me know!
Very good, that's what I thought.

The only example I have of two newsletters that are not included on your site (or ChadNet for that matter) are the two that can be found here, "Natural Order and Gilbert Ling" and "The Novel Flu Season" from March 2020 and May 2020. Given that Ray was still writing such great newsletters just 3 years ago, you can understand my desire to read more of his recent ones :blackalien:

Breathe Well To Live Well

OP
Eth

Eth

The only example I have of two newsletters that are not included on your site (or ChadNet for that matter) are the two that can be found here, "Natural Order and Gilbert Ling" and "The Novel Flu Season" from March 2020 and May 2020. Given that Ray was still writing such great newsletters just 3 years ago, you can understand my desire to read more of his recent ones :blackalien:
Yes, completely agree and relate, I've had trouble finding more recent newsletters for the index. I hope more will pop up as time goes on, but I haven't found any that arent on the site as of now. Thank you so much for the extra resource! I just added it to the index :D

yerrag

Thanks for taking the initiative and sharing @Eth

I have been subscribing to Ray's newsletters since 2017, shortly after I joined the forum, so I can pass on to you these newsletters.

Assuming the Mega archive dates from 2012 to Ray's first newsletter and prior articles in the Townsend Report, I have a void from the latter part of 2012 to the early part of 2017, all we lack then as far as newsletters are concerned are those years. Is there anyone with these years' of newsletters that would fill this void?

If it's not too much of an ask, is there a way we could have a way to glance the date of these newsletters? It would be helpful in that Ray's newsletters would show his thinking at the stage of his discovery and learning and sharing, and the first newsletter's ideas would not be the same as his last, and being aware of that would help the reader grasp a fuller understanding of Peat's ideas and their development over the years.

Lastly, does anyone know of any tool that can do a full index search of the site, especially of the PDF files?

OP
Eth

Eth

Thanks for taking the initiative and sharing @Eth

I have been subscribing to Ray's newsletters since 2017, shortly after I joined the forum, so I can pass on to you these newsletters.
Of course, and I would greatly appreciate any newsletter submissions! If you pass them onto me in a private message then I would love to post them to the site ASAP :D

Assuming the Mega archive dates from 2012 to Ray's first newsletter and prior articles in the Townsend Report, I have a void from the latter part of 2012 to the early part of 2017, all we lack then as far as newsletters are concerned are those years. Is there anyone with these years' of newsletters that would fill this void?
@EnergeticLeo has Newsletters for 2016 onwards, so once he's able to pass on the newsletters to me then that would help clear up the void somewhat, but I haven't come across a full or even semi-full collection of newsletters from the remaining years; I'm kind of just waiting for someone(s) to pop up that would be willing to offer them, so im essentially just playing the waiting game haha

If it's not too much of an ask, is there a way we could have a way to glance the date of these newsletters? It would be helpful in that Ray's newsletters would show his thinking at the stage of his discovery and learning and sharing, and the first newsletter's ideas would not be the same as his last, and being aware of that would help the reader grasp a fuller understanding of Peat's ideas and their development over the years.
I'm not sure what you mean by this, because I thought that most of his newsletters usually have the date at the top of the header.

Lastly, does anyone know of any tool that can do a full index search of the site, especially of the PDF files?
If you mean a search of the titles, then yes, you can do ctrl-f on the index page and you can search for the title. If you mean a search of the text inside the PDF's, then thats a different story, and there really isnt a viable option to search the whole page and have the search go through every PDF file, the best thing you would be able to do would be to open whatever PDF file you want to search, then ctrl-f search in that file.

yerrag

@EnergeticLeo has Newsletters for 2016 onwards, so once he's able to pass on the newsletters to me then that would help clear up the void somewhat, but I haven't come across a full or even semi-full collection of newsletters from the remaining years; I'm kind of just waiting for someone(s) to pop up that would be willing to offer them, so im essentially just playing the waiting game haha
I can't add anymore to what Leo has. Leo, carry on!

I'm not sure what you mean by this, because I thought that most of his newsletters usually have the date at the top of the header.
I meant having a date added to the title of the newsletter, like "1/1/2023 The Key To Saying Goodbye to Pharma" lol

If you mean a search of the text inside the PDF's, then thats a different story, and there really isnt a viable option to search the whole page and have the search go through every PDF file, the best thing you would be able to do would be to open whatever PDF file you want to search, then ctrl-f search in that file.
I was hoping someone would know. @chimpanzee ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals