MOTS-C on Mitochondrial Function

JCub369

Hey guys

I'm diving into the science behind MOTS-C, a mitochondrial-derived peptide that's gaining attention for its role in regulating metabolism, enhancing exercise performance, and potential anti-aging effects.

It operates at the cellular level, purportedly optimizing the energy output of mitochondria.

I'm reaching out to see if anyone here has integrated MOTS-C into their health regimen. What effects have you observed? Any scientific insights or personal anecdotes would be greatly appreciated.

Pete Rey

I experimented with peptides probably 8 years ago or so. Mostly the tissue healing ones, BPC157 and TB500, as I was powerlifting at the time. Whether they sped up my injury recovery time I couldn't say. MOTS-C was the most expensive one I tried. I heard some wild reports from just one injection and coughed up $75 for a vial from Canlab, which was the only retailer synthesizing them in-house and not importing from China, so I could be as certain as possible that what I was getting was pure and legit. (I see they've since been shut down by the Canadian authorities.) Peptide Sciences was the other major retailer people would recommend, but they got their stuff from the same place as everyone else. They just had a reputation for good quality control.

Conclusion on MOTS-C: I noticed nothing. No brightening effect, no extra energy, no insomnia (not that I'm complaining about that), etc. Should have just sent the $75 to St. Jude's. I made sure to handle everything properly. Maybe a 6-week course would have led to a different result, but I wasn't about to cough up $900 to run it twice a week. Conclusion on peptides in general: while some clearly have obvious effects, I found the ones I experimented with to be rather costly and invasive for how little they moved the needle (no pun intended).

Not to mention, I was younger and and more reckless with my experimentation back then. Injecting random sh!t ordered off the internet is not something I would do now. But like many I was struggling metabolically and kind of desperate for answers. I also tried some growth hormone secretagogues. I was not yet aware of the school of Peat, nor had I touched testosterone. In fact, I think they were the last thing I tried before going on testosterone.

OP
J

JCub369

I experimented with peptides probably 8 years ago or so. Mostly the tissue healing ones, BPC157 and TB500, as I was powerlifting at the time. Whether they sped up my injury recovery time I couldn't say. MOTS-C was the most expensive one I tried. I heard some wild reports from just one injection and coughed up $75 for a vial from Canlab, which was the only retailer synthesizing them in-house and not importing from China, so I could be as certain as possible that what I was getting was pure and legit. (I see they've since been shut down by the Canadian authorities.) Peptide Sciences was the other major retailer people would recommend, but they got their stuff from the same place as everyone else. They just had a reputation for good quality control.

Conclusion on MOTS-C: I noticed nothing. No brightening effect, no extra energy, no insomnia (not that I'm complaining about that), etc. Should have just sent the $75 to St. Jude's. I made sure to handle everything properly. Maybe a 6-week course would have led to a different result, but I wasn't about to cough up $900 to run it twice a week. Conclusion on peptides in general: while some clearly have obvious effects, I found the ones I experimented with to be rather costly and invasive for how little they moved the needle (no pun intended).

Not to mention, I was younger and and more reckless with my experimentation back then. Injecting random sh!t ordered off the internet is not something I would do now. But like many I was struggling metabolically and kind of desperate for answers. I also tried some growth hormone secretagogues. I was not yet aware of the school of Peat, nor had I touched testosterone. In fact, I think they were the last thing I tried before going on testosterone.
What dosage and how long did you run it? I have heard you need 5mg 3 times a week for at least 6 weeks.

Pete Rey

What dosage and how long did you run it? I have heard you need 5mg 3 times a week for at least 6 weeks.
One 5mg dose all at once. It was new on the scene so there weren't any protocols, just personal anecdotes. If you want to drop a grand on that experiment definitely let us know how it goes.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals