Latest Roddy + Haidut Interview

Peatful

haidut also doesn't seem to have water retention on the face, and his arms aren't thin, which indicates that his cortisol must be low. His memory seems to be really good too.

Btw, Danny said that he's going to post more videos on youtube, so I was thinking: What about past interviews that are not on youtube? Last week, I tried to become a patreon so that I could watch his past stuff as well, but on his patreon it says that that option isn't available anymore.

Elize

Did anyone else experience the weird weakness like he described? I remember I couldn't even open a water bottle in the morning at one point lol

I have weakness but how do you deal with it

Thanks so much for sharing
Elize

tallglass13

I don't mean to be rude at all but how old is he? I would have expected someone healthier-looking perhaps.

Not that it invalidates any of the great information he's shared on this forum.

But I'm suspecting that something(s) is missing from the Peat prism of diet and nutrition because I haven't seen any fit, good-looking people following his protocols. I just haven't. Maybe Danny Roddy counts.

Like those people who claim they can eat infinite sugar/carbs and lose weight. Experience of myself and many others would suggest otherwise, and aside from some forum posts I just haven't seen it. In fact there are by far more forum posts of people just gaining weight when they "go Peat".
My opinion of haidut is that he looks powerful. yeah he is missing some hair in the front, but he doesn't have any wrinkles, and his mind is sharp. Something that stands out about RP as well. I don't know of any 83 year olds that speak so well with no filler words or stuttering. RP has tremendous recall .
As a person in the medical field, I have seen and treated some of the sickest people on earth, but they had full heads of hair. So my personal opinion on Male baldness it is a localized tightness of the scalp . so any one with a round head can get bald if the scalp doesn't have enough laxity.

Lynne

Btw, Danny said that he's going to post more videos on youtube, so I was thinking: What about past interviews that are not on youtube? Last week, I tried to become a patreon so that I could watch his past stuff as well, but on his patreon it says that that option isn't available anymore.

Bummer, the first thing I did when I bacame a patron of Danny last year was to listen to all the past Patreon livestreams.

tankasnowgod

Great livestream, @haidut. Awesome that you will be doing these on Youtube, I will certainly be listening.

One thing that struck me was when you talked about postpartum depression, I don't know why everyone's first thought isn't to measure Prolactin, and also PTH. After all, prolactin was named as the "Pro Lactation" hormone, and breast feeding and making a tiny human skeleton has to be a huge run on available calcium. The Ray Peat thoughts of additional milk and dairy, maybe egg shell/oyster shell calcium, vitamin D and K2 should be the first logical things to try, both during pregnancy and after birth. But those substances clearly don't fit with the SSRI plan of "let's turn everyone into a helpless zombie or psychopathic criminal for money" that most doctors and big pharma clearly subscribe too.

Elize

I only use Tirosint-Sol as thyroid meds .75 mcg once a day and just started with Lapodin to deal with the adrenaline rush I get. Feel more shaky but more energy than before.

shine

Just wanted to chime in and let you know that I look like an androgenic young god thanks to Peat and haidut :cool:

Jsaute21

Did anyone else experience the weird weakness like he described? I remember I couldn't even open a water bottle in the morning at one point lol
Makes complete sense. Grip/Wrist strength is strongly correlated with DHT. Having low thyroid function essentially eliminates all potential of having high DHT.

Elize

Makes complete sense. Grip/Wrist strength is strongly correlated with DHT. Having low thyroid function essentially eliminates all potential of having high DHT.

I have an ovarian cyst that is a clear water sack. Could this have to do with my adrenaline rushes or perhaps low DHT levels. The cyst is 9mm and in 3 months did not enlarge or reduce in size.

Elize

Jsaute21

Judging someone's health solely off their looks is really simplistic. Maybe one should factor in their intellectual capacity as well into the equation? I have always been fit (even when i developed a run down metabolism) and have a steady career. The thought of focusing as much as Haidut does in a week on his job and intense biological studies, while fathering multiple kids makes my head hurt. I know good looking people that eat poorly, unattractive people that eat healthy and vice versa. Trying to match ones dietary habits to their physical appearance is a fruitless mission. Usain Bolt eat nothing but Mcdonalds during the Bejing olympics in which he shattered every 100m record there was at 5% cut from stone body weight. Should you go eat Mcdonald's every meal?

Not to mention the fact that criticizing someone for their physical appearance is shitty.

meatbag

I have weakness but how do you deal with it

Thanks so much for sharing
Elize

Not sure, it gradually got better when I changed my diet and stopped taking fishoil and probiotics :):bs). I was really lean and could sometimes lift a lot but my body was falling apart at the time. Have you had your vitamin d checked?

I think calcium (Why Ray Recommends Eating Lots Of Calcium), gelatin, and organ meats like liver and heart are super therapeutic. Eating more sugar and salt seemed to help me feel a lot better initially and I had a similar experience to what haidut described when he drank a coke and felt way better

meatbag

Lol yep I got a grip strength test after an accident around this time and they guy who took it said my reading was surprisingly low - and I was weightlifting a lot at the time so I think it is a legit health test marker not just something dependent on physical activity :soapbox

OP
LiveWire

LiveWire

Judging someone's health solely off their looks is really simplistic..

Not to mention the fact that criticizing someone for their physical appearance is shitty.

That’s what some people here do all the time. It would be funny if they didn’t mean it so seriously. I also find it quite amusing how some above romanticize Haidut’s appearance. The guy is great but if that physique didn’t belong to Haidut it would be shredded to pieces by the local judgement tribunal in like 3 seconds.

That said I wouldn’t call it criticizing. They are just very broad assumptions and conclusions based on a person’s physical features, some indeed negative sounding, but they are not personal.

ShotTrue

May be too broad of a generalization here

ShotTrue

I think appearance can have a link to health but shouldn't be taken super serious

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals