Haidut Interview Is fasting worth it? With Georgi Dinkov and CarnivoreMD

Ashs

The carnivore guy is just trying to make money from the latest in health trends, he was trying to convince everyone that sugar was bad, making money from the keto/carnivore trend and now he's using Peat's work to profit from the change in public opinion that fruit is actually good. It is obvious what he is doing and he even calls it an animal based diet. Him and his friend the liver king both use the same marketing strategy.
Bump

cremes

25% of the comments on the video are about Georgi looking chubby/fat/obese and LOL no one should listen to a fat guy give diet or health advice. Whenever a video is posted, I read the comments first and I've noticed the same rough proportion of "he's fat, don't listen to him" comments across all the videos. As far as I know, it's different people making the comment(s) but in a world of AI, cheap bot farms, etc. it's not outrageous to think maybe it is purposeful.

Anyway, good video. I didn't watch all of it but I did skip around to parts that were of interest. Georgi killed it, as usual. Maybe he can add a quick "About me" to these podcasts/videos he joins and explain his background, metabolic health, and why folks should listen to him. Maybe.

Sapien

it's not outrageous to think maybe it is purposeful
There’s one YouTube account in particular (@vladsky Ociosen) that responds negatively to every comment I make on Georgi videos without fail, it’s like he’s being paid to do so. I dont know how else he would have that kind of time

Sapien

25% of the comments on the video are about Georgi looking chubby/fat/obese
Imo the lifejacket esque vests Georgi always wears are the cause of these claims, it does make him look partly rotund.

They’re wrong tho, Georgi is a Bulgarian Beast, how many of those haters were Olympic atheletes hahaha

I bet Georgi would outperform 99.9 percent of people in dexascan measuring visceral fat

Also, there is nothing wrong with having some subcutaneous fat, visceral fat is the problem.

It is telling that they never respond to any specific argument Georgi makes with a logical rebuttal, instead they resort to Ad- Hominem attacks.

Last edited:

Sapien

and why folks should listen to him
Anyone with half a brain instantly realizes that this guy is head and shoulders above the rest.

I think flaunting credentials etc is in someways an appeal to authority. Georgi wants people to take or leave his info based on the evidence/ validity/logic/ of his argument.

Sapien

What Peat said about brain ketone utilization and the carnivore guy promoting ketogenic diets are not the same thing.
You’re right after re- reading the thread, (the caption was misleading.)

I should acknowledge the fact that Paul was confidently giving out misinformation, reasonable to not like the guy.

Also Paul never issued a real apology to people for being wrong, he just kinda weaseled his way out of it like a coward. I actually went on zero carb because of him and it made me gain 45 pounds in 2 months lmfao

I guess my point is that he’s always been in it for the right reasons, even if he was wrong, he believed zero carb was the optimal diet for humans. he wasn’t just lying to people to peddle his products (can’t say the same for his buddy liver king smh lol)

ATP

You’re right after re- reading the thread, (the caption was misleading.)
The context in which Peat writes is really important, he did say that about ketones but stress hormones are increased in ketosis.

I should acknowledge the fact that Paul was confidently giving out misinformation, reasonable to not like the guy.

Also Paul never issued a real apology to people for being wrong, he just kinda weaseled his way out of it like a coward. I actually went on zero carb because of him and it made me gain 45 pounds in 2 months lmfao
It's that exact behaviour why I have the opinion I do about him.

CDT

Sad to see this guy pushing his carnivore crap. He was in costa rica (probably still is) and has just cause immense damage. His eczema is coming back as well, and he mentioned suffering with it for years. Could be the sun, but there is no way that the carnivore diet is the magic pill he is touting it to be. Any high meat/excessive protein diets WILL stress the body.

Momma

Sad to see this guy pushing his carnivore crap. He was in costa rica (probably still is) and has just cause immense damage. His eczema is coming back as well, and he mentioned suffering with it for years. Could be the sun, but there is no way that the carnivore diet is the magic pill he is touting it to be. Any high meat/excessive protein diets WILL stress the body.
He is also damaging his niece and or nephew by convincing his sister to feed small children a carnivore diet. Dumb is the kindest thing i can say. Has he learned nothing from Peat and Georgi? Because as was said above: A shill.

LadyRae

@CDT
@Momma

Dr Saladino hasn't practiced the carnivore diet in years. He quit and began to add carbs back in a few years ago when he noticed that his fasting glucose was quite high. It's not believe that the ketogenic state is healthy, something he has been mentioning in his podcast for well over a year...

Everyone but you two in this thread already know this, but Paul's diet consists of lots of fruit, organ meats, muscle meat, raw dairy and honey.

I just wanted to clear that up since the above podcast is about lowering stress by consuming appropriate carbohydrates along with nutrient rich organ and muscle meats and raw dairy... Moderate exercise practices, and overnight- only fasting.

Momma

@CDT
@Momma

Dr Saladino hasn't practiced the carnivore diet in years. He quit and began to add carbs back in a few years ago when he noticed that his fasting glucose was quite high. It's not believe that the ketogenic state is healthy, something he has been mentioning in his podcast for well over a year...

Everyone but you two in this thread already know this, but Paul's diet consists of lots of fruit, organ meats, muscle meat, raw dairy and honey.

I just wanted to clear that up since the above podcast is about lowering stress by consuming appropriate carbohydrates along with nutrient rich organ and muscle meats and raw dairy... Moderate exercise practices, and overnight- only fasting.
Thank you.

Any idea why he and his sister would put a 3-6 year old on a “carnivore” like diet and think candy is bad? Thoughts?

LadyRae

Thank you.

Any idea why he and his sister would put a 3-6 year old on a “carnivore” like diet and think candy is bad? Thoughts?
Paul said that they got his niece to try some raw beef liver, not that she was on a carnivore diet. I would be ecstatic if my kids tried some raw beef liver!

And regarding candy, who knows what kind of candy he's talking about, there is a huge variation... But honestly I would prefer my children get their carbohydrates from ripe fruits than candy...

Momma

Paul said that they got his niece to try some raw beef liver, not that she was on a carnivore diet. I would be ecstatic if my kids tried some raw beef liver!

And regarding candy, who knows what kind of candy he's talking about, there is a huge variation... But honestly I would prefer my children get their carbohydrates from ripe fruits than candy...
Ok. Thank you

area51puy

What Peat said about brain ketone utilization and the carnivore guy promoting ketogenic diets are not the same thing. I guess we just have different opinions about the carnivore guy. Like you said, he can be perceived to be a charlatan.
I believe he taking himself where the evidence leads him.

So you are telling me you started peating at birth? Or did you come to this knowledge by discovering peat work?

And even peat works is something he discovered over a lifetime and his knowledge and opinion changed with the more information he acquired.

And .00000001 percent of the population knows about ray peats work but every where you are hearing non stop sugars is bad , every ******* where!!!! So where the **** is the money in the ray peat community? Versus all the low carb dieters out there. Did you think that out before you typed it?

ATP

So you are telling me you started peating at birth? Or did you come to this knowledge by discovering peat work?
He's a md with a large following and has patients who was claiming sugar has zero benefit and eating only meat is the best thing you can do for your health. There is a big difference between a private individual and a person like him changing their opinions, he has influence and a responsibility not to mislead people, which he did.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals