I Need Some Help Concerning Diagnosis Of Breast Cancer

mrchibbs

Thank you, mrchibbs for all that information. That's good to know how to take aspirin. I was reading that Ray Peat said for cancer to take 6 gr. per day, which would be 6,000 mg. or 18.5 - 325 mg. tablets. I tried doing that, and it affected my hearing. My head felt like a huge empty warehouse, and when I talked, I could hear echoes, and my hearing was declining. So I think that is too much for me. I'd never taken aspirin much at all, neither anything like Tylenol or ibuprofen. So I cut back to three tablets (325 mg.) per day, and that seems OK. I also started taking glycine, and I think that helped get my hearing back to normal. But maybe, taking aspirin the way you recommend, I can gradually increase it.

I do use bioidentical progesterone, made in a compounding pharmacy, which is a cream I use topically. I just hope my doctor will continue to prescribe progesterone for me. He was talking like he didn't want me taking any hormones. I've always taken progesterone with estrogen, (no longer taking estrogen), and I wonder if I can take progesterone every day of the month. I do take vitamin K. My digestion is really good and fast; no problems with constipation, but it's good to know about cascara if I do need it. I walk two miles every morning, early, and I think that helps, too.

Thank you, again!

Don't worry, aspirin affects my hearing as well. It's because aspirin depletes glycine! So you need to supplement with a good quality gelatin powder supplements. I like to mix a few tablespoons with cocoa powder and make myself a really cream hot cocoa. If you do this, you'll see the hearing symptoms vanish! Moreover glycine is helpful in cancer, because it does not support any excess growth like other amino acids and is profoundly anti-inflammatory.

You're going to need several grams of K2 every day to balance out your heavy dose of aspiring though.

Aspirin is not comparable to ibuprofen or Tylenol. It has been used for well over 100 years, and has been proven safe, unlike Tylenol, which is not safe.

The only concern with cycling progesterone, is as it relates to menstrual cycles, but in your case with cancer, you should be taking it every single day, at least until you are free of cancer. If you end up not getting progesterone anymore, no worries, you can get Progest-E (Ray's formula) online, which is an amazing product.

Walking every morning is excellent! Keep doing it, and make sure to go to sleep early, as soon as it's dark, (unless you have friends over or are having a particularly nice evening). But otherwise you need to sleep early, and that is the best way to get the most restorative processes going. Wake up with dawn. (The reason is that daylight increase protective hormones, including progesterone, while darkness increase the catabolic stress hormones, and sleep is the best protection against nighttime stress)

Having a good digestion is great news, make sure you have several bowel movements a day. Incorporate Ray's carrot salad if possible!

And ask any questions and keep us updated, we want to see you get well, and your thread will help other women as well!

Last edited:

Jennifer

Hi @GreenTrails! :) I’m very sorry for what you are going through and hope the biopsy comes back negative. You mentioned calcium deposits — do you have a thyroid disorder or symptoms of poor thyroid function and/or symptoms commonly associated with adrenal dysfunction like chronic fatigue or anxiety? I’m not certain if it would lead to calcium deposits in the breasts but from my understanding, the thyroid and parathyroid glands are the main tissues involved in calcium metabolism, and adrenal dysfunction is often a result of poor thyroid function. Was there any fibrous tissue found in your breasts? Like all connective tissue disorders, fibrocystic breasts are common with hypothyroidism so I question if calcium deposits are, too.

OP
GreenTrails

GreenTrails

Don't worry, aspirin affects my hearing as well. It's because aspirin depletes glycine! So you need to supplement with a good quality gelatin powder supplements. I like to mix a few tablespoons with cocoa powder and make myself a really cream hot cocoa. If you do this, you'll see the hearing symptoms vanish! Moreover glycine is helpful in cancer, because it does not support any excess growth like other amino acids and is profoundly anti-inflammatory.

You're going to need several grams of K2 every day to balance out your heavy dose of aspiring though.

Aspirin is not comparable to ibuprofen or Tylenol. It has been used for well over 100 years, and has been proven safe, unlike Tylenol, which is not safe.

The only concern with cycling progesterone, is as it relates to menstrual cycles, but in your case with cancer, you should be taking it every single day, at least until you are free of cancer. If you end up not getting progesterone anymore, no worries, you can get Progest-E (Ray's formula) online, which is an amazing product.

Walking every morning is excellent! Keep doing it, and make sure to go to sleep early, as soon as it's dark, (unless you have friends over or are having a particularly nice evening). But otherwise you need to sleep early, and that is the best way to get the most restorative processes going. Wake up with dawn. (The reason is that daylight increase protective hormones, including progesterone, while darkness increase the catabolic stress hormones, and sleep is the best protection against nighttime stress)

Having a good digestion is great news, make sure you have several bowel movements a day. Incorporate Ray's carrot salad if possible!

And ask any questions and keep us updated, we want to see you get well, and your thread will help other women as well!

mrchibbs:
Thanks so much for all that information! I'm taking NOW glycine capsules, 1000 mg. each, 3 per day. I'm also taking a T. of Great Lakes beef gelatin daily.
I am taking Life Extension Super K, which each softgel has 1000 mcg of vitamin K2 (menaquinone-4, K2 (menaquinone-7) - 100 mcg. and K1 (phytonadione) - 1500 mcg. I hope that's enough.

Thank you for the information about progesterone, and that's good to know that I can get Progest-E online if my doctor won't prescribe it for me.
I'm in bed by 10 PM, sleep very well, and wake up around 5:30 AM. That's good information about sleep.
Yes, I do eat Ray's carrot salad, and it's very good.

Thank you again!

OP
GreenTrails

GreenTrails

Hi @GreenTrails! :) I’m very sorry for what you are going through and hope the biopsy comes back negative. You mentioned calcium deposits — do you have a thyroid disorder or symptoms of poor thyroid function and/or symptoms commonly associated with adrenal dysfunction like chronic fatigue or anxiety? I’m not certain if it would lead to calcium deposits in the breasts but from my understanding, the thyroid and parathyroid glands are the main tissues involved in calcium metabolism, and adrenal dysfunction is often a result of poor thyroid function. Was there any fibrous tissue found in your breasts? Like all connective tissue disorders, fibrocystic breasts are common with hypothyroidism so I question if calcium deposits are, too.
Thank you, Jennifer. I've been hypothyroid, for sure, but for the past few years my doctor has prescribed NatureThroid for me, and my last labs (July 14, 2020) showed that my T3 Free is 4.71; my T4 Free is .71; and my TSH is 0.051. I saw some of the images of the ultra sound, came home and looked up some information on the internet, and I do recognize fibrous tissue, although the radiologist didn't explain anything about it. I'm sure my doctor will explain things to me in a better way when I see him. My primary care doctor is a DO; he's great.

I don't have chronic fatigue. I do have anxiety, but manage it. I don't have a lot of stress in my life now, but I used to have more stress.

I really appreciate all of your information. Thank you!

Recoen

Such great information in this thread already!
Do you think the reason some seem to have issues with “salicylates” is because they’re depleting glycine? Salicylate, oxalate, and histamine issues seem to go hand in hand.

Lollipop2

Did you get ahold of the studies paid for by Haidut? He used Cortnon in the 8:1 configuration to cure a tough cancer in rats successfully. Great stuff.
@GreenTrails did you see this in my earlier post? Have you heard about the studies using his Cortnon on cancer? The rats did so well and did not die, they had to kill them off to keep the study on cancer - it was turning into a longevity study - lol. Again good stuff for you!

OP
GreenTrails

GreenTrails

@GreenTrails did you see this in my earlier post? Have you heard about the studies using his Cortnon on cancer? The rats did so well and did not die, they had to kill them off to keep the study on cancer - it was turning into a longevity study - lol. Again good stuff for you!
Lollipop:

CortiNon sounds good. I am trying to read as much as I can, and I have lots I need to learn. I really like Haidut's information very much. I will study it further as I get some time. Thank you so much for posting on this. I remember your earlier post, and will search to see if I can find it. It's here somewhere, I know.

HLP

You are absolutely in the right place for the most effective advice. Don't let anyone fear monger regarding cancer. Follow the Ray Peat model and trust your body to heal. Sleeping well is top priority. Positive thinking and trashing the fear of the "what if" will help tremendously. I've refused all investigative probing for cancer during my life. My Mom died from cancer but that didn't drive any fear for me. Following Ray has been very empowering.

Recoen

In the two studies they used 1drop/d cortinon+. Taking the cortinon+ before injection of the time cells was obviously more protective then starting once the tumor cells were injected.
Does anyone have any thoughts on how to scale this for a human? Looking at only scaling by body weight, if an average hamster weighs about 1.3lbs, a 165lbs person would be ~127drops/d.

OP
GreenTrails

GreenTrails

You are absolutely in the right place for the most effective advice. Don't let anyone fear monger regarding cancer. Follow the Ray Peat model and trust your body to heal. Sleeping well is top priority. Positive thinking and trashing the fear of the "what if" will help tremendously. I've refused all investigative probing for cancer during my life. My Mom died from cancer but that didn't drive any fear for me. Following Ray has been very empowering.
Thank you!

Rick K

I have recently had a diagnosis of breast cancer. I am reading and researching Ray Peat's information. I am wondering if anyone has ever had a diagnosis of breast cancer and had it cured by using niacinamide, aspirin, thyroid, progesterone, vitamin K and by following Ray Peat's suggestions on foods (all of which I am doing). I always considered myself to be extremely healthy and have been very physically active all of my life. I am following the information from Haidut and I appreciate his sharing his knowledge, which to me seems very extensive, as far as I can understand. I also have read the book, The Emperor of all Maladies by Mukherjee.
I will be delighted to send you my pdf copy outlining the procedure for using 35% hydrogen peroxide. Age old cure.

LucyL

LucyL
My diagnosis was from my doctor's doing a breast exam on me. I have some lumps, and he said he thought they were cancer. I had a mammogram and ultrasound yesterday. The radiologist said there were some calcium deposits in the breast tissue. She said the images were "very concerning" and urged me to have a biopsy. So I am scheduled for a needle biopsy next Thursday. I've been reading as much as I have time for. I would like to know more about why calcium deposits in my breast tissue. I try to eliminate PUFA; but salmon and chicken occasionally and eggs. I've been interested in Ray Peat's recommendations for foods to eat, and I follow some things in the Gerson Therapy, I stopped drinking coffee, and I've been drinking distilled water and orange juice (not from concentrate). This morning I had liver, which I do eat once a week.

Thank you for your book recommendations, they sound like interesting books, and thank you for everything you said. Everything is appreciated. I am learning a lot from this forum, from Haidut, from Ray Peat's writings, and from Danny Roddy.

As mrchibbs alluded, I would strongly second red light + Methylene Blue during this waiting phase. If you're not familiar with haiduts site To Extract Knowledge from Matter – Perceive, Think, Act, he has a lot of good articles on cancer there too. With the MB, you take about 1mg or so, and wait a half an hour, then lay under the red lights. I use the simple brooder lights (3 on a light bar), get the 130V ones if you can, and shine them directly on your skin. Heat is the tumors enemy, so if you can raise your temperature that is helpful too, more easily done locally in the breasts. Red lights do double duty there.

OP
GreenTrails

GreenTrails

As mrchibbs alluded, I would strongly second red light + Methylene Blue during this waiting phase. If you're not familiar with haiduts site To Extract Knowledge from Matter – Perceive, Think, Act, he has a lot of good articles on cancer there too. With the MB, you take about 1mg or so, and wait a half an hour, then lay under the red lights. I use the simple brooder lights (3 on a light bar), get the 130V ones if you can, and shine them directly on your skin. Heat is the tumors enemy, so if you can raise your temperature that is helpful too, more easily done locally in the breasts. Red lights do double duty there.
Thank you for this information. I would very much like to get a red light device, so I'll be looking for that.

tara

Hi GreenTrails,
I don't have any special expertise in this, but if it were me I think I'd be reading and considering Gerson's approach to diet as well as Peat's views and Koch's and others. And finding out what your medical advisors recommend/offer. I've heard rumour that biopsy itself has some risk attached (of stimulating tumour growth or metastases), along with the possibility of learning more useful information.
Peat's articles can take a bit of understanding first time round, but I found that reading several, and rereading, helped. There are several here related to cancer, progesterone, estrogen, thyroid that might be interesting to you to get a wider picture of these:
Ray Peat

Another thing I think I remember reading from an early member of the forum was that cancer is one of the few situations when Peat might recommend activated charcoal - eg once or twice a week. AIUI, it can bind and remove excess estrogen and other unwanted substances before they are absorbed into the system. It can be constipating for some people, in which case cascara sagrada can counteract that. It binds nutrients as well as unwanted substances, so using too often can affect nutrition. If you have good transit, charcoal may be less important for you.

All the best.

OP
GreenTrails

GreenTrails

Hi GreenTrails,
I don't have any special expertise in this, but if it were me I think I'd be reading and considering Gerson's approach to diet as well as Peat's views and Koch's and others. And finding out what your medical advisors recommend/offer. I've heard rumour that biopsy itself has some risk attached (of stimulating tumour growth or metastases), along with the possibility of learning more useful information.
Peat's articles can take a bit of understanding first time round, but I found that reading several, and rereading, helped. There are several here related to cancer, progesterone, estrogen, thyroid that might be interesting to you to get a wider picture of these:
Ray Peat

Another thing I think I remember reading from an early member of the forum was that cancer is one of the few situations when Peat might recommend activated charcoal - eg once or twice a week. AIUI, it can bind and remove excess estrogen and other unwanted substances before they are absorbed into the system. It can be constipating for some people, in which case cascara sagrada can counteract that. It binds nutrients as well as unwanted substances, so using too often can affect nutrition. If you have good transit, charcoal may be less important for you.

All the best.
Thank you so much.

OP
GreenTrails

GreenTrails

My pleasure. Hopefully some female voices will chime in on this thread as well.

I think estrogen has been propped up by the estrogen industry and marketed to women without regard to its safety. The estrogen industry selectively promotes articles and opinions that support their uncritical view of estrogen. I'm not convinced that it's safe, it seems there is often a problem of excess estrogen rather than a deficiency, in relation to progesterone. The way the doctors often test estrogen is devoid of any holistic interpretation of it being stored and accumulating in the tissues through aging. They tend to just go off raw blood values, which ignores the big picture.

Ray mentioned estrogen can make you feel good in the short term theoretically, like cocaine, but at the expense of long-range damage, exciting the nerves and raising cortisol and other adaptive stress hormones and suppressing thyroid function. I have had symptoms of high estrogen before and I was really miserable. It's hard for me to imagine a woman doing well and feeling well in that state other than as a temporary high. I think it has to be in balance with the progesterone and thyroid. I have taken small amounts of progesterone myself and had good effects from it, even though I am not a woman.

It seemed to make me more relaxed and easier to fall asleep when I had trouble sleeping. It's probably good that you're already taking progesterone as that may help counteract cancer. Some women have reported having horrible side effects from estrogenic substances and there have been women who have died from taking the "birth control" pill for example which to me indicates estrogen is probably not as safe as the industry likes to claim. Knowing many young women over the years who have become miserable and had all kinds of side effects on the pill, it is an impression I have had that contributes to me having a negative view of supplementation of it, corroborating in a way what I had read from Ray's writing on estrogen.

Ray has many articles on estrogen and its dangers and role in contributing to stress as well, so I would recommend when you have the time checking those out. Here's a few that discuss the role of estrogen in various pathologies:

Estrogen and brain aging in men and women: Depression, energy, stress

Natural Estrogens

Estriol, DES, DDT.

Menopause and its causes

Estrogen and Osteoporosis
The article on Estrogen and Osteoporosis is hard for me to read. It seems that estrogen is blamed for just about everything, yet estrogen is a natural hormone in a woman's body.

Energizer

Estrogen is needed for certain functions and a true deficiency is extremely rare as far as I know, the point is nearly everything in the environment increases estrogen and everything which increases stress and lowers thyroid function tends to increase estrogen production, and estrogen increases during aging. The point is to question what estrogen's role is and why there is an industry around trying to push it on women, especially young women (without regard to its safety or their health).

The estrogen industry would have all women believe estrogen is needed as a supplement, this argument is dangerous because it presupposes a deficiency when there is likely already an abundance in the average woman due to the preponderance of estrogen increasing substances in the environment (PUFAS, birth control pills, IUDs, SSRIs, fluoridated water, pharmaceuticals). Too much estrogen is the norm and is dangerous to health in both men and women, that was my takeway from his articles on estrogen.

OP
GreenTrails

GreenTrails

Hey @GreenTrails, sorry about your cancer diagnosis.

But, and I say this unequivocally, I don't think there is a better place for you than this forum.

I would use progesterone, topically, and aspirin and vitamin k, orally as the immediate therapies. Red light can also be therapeutic. It's going to sound funny but keeping your breast warm may also help, as heat is a very simple therapy against cancer.

And you can take a lot of aspirin. In fact it's probably the best thing to do with a cancer diagnosis. Dissolving the aspirin in hot water and baking soda, and mixing with juice and drinking after a meal can really help its absorption and prevent GI tract irritation.

It's also important to make sure your digestion is fast and you have no constipation (to prevent bacterial overgrowth and endotoxin in the intestines). Taking antibiotics, and natural laxatives like cascara is helpful.

Forget what you think you know about estrogen. This book you mentioned seems extremely shady. They bash the WHI results when they are indisputable. If you want to learn more, I highly recommend The Estrogen Errors: Why Progesterone is Better for Women's health by Susan Baxter and Jerilynn C. Prior (2009). You can probably get a copy online for cheap.

All my best wishes!
Estrogen is needed for certain functions and a true deficiency is extremely rare as far as I know, the point is nearly everything in the environment increases estrogen and everything which increases stress and lowers thyroid function tends to increase estrogen production, and estrogen increases during aging. The point is to question what estrogen's role is and why there is an industry around trying to push it on women, especially young women (without regard to its safety or their health).

The estrogen industry would have all women believe estrogen is needed as a supplement, this argument is dangerous because it presupposes a deficiency when there is likely already an abundance in the average woman due to the preponderance of estrogen increasing substances in the environment (PUFAS, birth control pills, IUDs, SSRIs, fluoridated water, pharmaceuticals). Too much estrogen is the norm and is dangerous to health in both men and women, that was my takeway from his articles on estrogen.
I understand what you're saying; the average woman has a lot of estrogen, and is also most likely overweight and sedentary; also many women deal with a huge amount of stress. If she takes or uses all of those things, then she is in trouble. I appreciate your response very much; thank you.

observer1961

Greentrails, I would sincerely suggest buying Jane McLelland's book "how to starve cancer". I have used her ideas to help my mom recover from advanced lung cancer (actually breast cancer cells from an earlier bout with breast cancer) to the point where she has completely normal cancer markers. Jane has an amazing and compelling story of researching and fighting her own cancer. Her story is inspirational. She is very scientific and practical in her approach. Here is a link: How to Starve Cancer – Jane McLelland

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals