How To Heal Your Metabolism (Kate Deering)

OP
L

Lin

Re: Is this the book we've been waiting for?

Oops, I didn't see this before, but on the cover, above the title, is an endorsement from RP himself. Okay, I'm getting it!

Blossom

Forum Supporter

Great find Lin!

peatypie

I received my order from Amazon yesterday and have read the beginning and skimmed through much more. It is, indeed, a good endorsement of Peat's recommendations including a recipe for egg shell calcium, mineral broth and bone broth. The back is filled with references for each chapter. It is a very easy read, clearly delivered.

I think this is a great book to give to family and friends if you are wanting to explain why you are doing what you are doing to improve your health.

dd99

I've ordered a copy. Someone on the Facebook Inspired group who had read it said it was pretty basic but would be good to give to family as an introduction.

Peat's_Girl

Which book? Y_Y
Is this an emperor's new clothes kinda deal? I cant see any links...

OP
L

Lin

I put a link in the first post, but if you don't see it, the book is "How to Heal your Metabolism:..." (long title), by Kate Deering . paperback apr. 2015.

peatypie

Kate Deering does not recommend any supplements in her book. She feels the supplement industry is mostly a for profit enterprise with little emphasis on quality. She does suggest supplementing calcium from homemade eggshells and using the mineral broth, oysters and liver for supplementing as well.

Nicholas

i suspect that she is heavily influenced by the healing philosophies of East West Healing - the only practitioners i'm aware of that are bringing the mechanisms of healing to the science of Peat. if that's the case, i'm glad there's another person on the scene that can view Peat outside of the exhausted lens of isolated food practices (i.e. drink your OJ and eat your carrot salad and liver!)

peatypie

She thanks Dr. Ray Peat for his honesty, time and knowledge based on 40 years of research. She credits Josh Rubin for helping guide her on her own healing path. Also acknowledges that the book is based on the work of Dr. Ray Peat, Dr. Gilbert Ling, Dr. Albert Szent-Gyorgi, Dr. Broada Barnes, Dr. Constance Martin, Dr. Hans Selye, Dr. Uffe Ravnskov, Dr. Lita Lee, Chris Masterjohn and Josh Rubin.

Nicholas said:
the exhausted lens of isolated food practices (i.e. drink your OJ and eat your carrot salad and liver!)

That's what's on the cover though.

Nicholas

Such_Saturation said:
Nicholas said:
the exhausted lens of isolated food practices (i.e. drink your OJ and eat your carrot salad and liver!)

i know - but it's probably more for marketing purposes than to give the full picture of healing metabolism

Nicholas said:
Such_Saturation said:
Nicholas said:

i know - but it's probably more for marketing purposes than to give the full picture of healing metabolism

Wait so it is using the hardcore diet to promote the softcore diet?

Nicholas

because she says she is heavily influenced by her journey in healing with Josh Rubin, this means that there is no prescribed diet at all. So, it seems she is using the "hardcore diet" (or really, just images of nutrient dense foods) as a way to get people's foot in the door for the big reveal: you have to perceive what diet your body is requiring. Perceiving, thinking, and acting (which is Peat's only protocol prescription) is not an abstract idea....the problem is that very few have been able to make it a concrete kind of science/philosophy.....the *****mechanism***** behind creating oxidative metabolism. East West Healing makes oxidative metabolism and perceiving, thinking, and acting a tangible skill - and, i suspect, Kate as well.

And we too can find out, for just $17.96

kreeese

read it twice THE BEST BOOK ON NUTRITION I EVER READ Goes in depth but not over your head with studies and complexity...highly recommended!!

ANDREW CHIN

We've all dealt with trying to explain to friends and family about RP concepts, and how overwhelming it can seem. With today's media, many of Peat's principles seem to fly in the face of "facts"
Anyway, I saw this on the RP fans facebook group. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/151158 ... PDKIKX0DER
Has anyone read it? It looks good from what I can see...

I just purchased my copy a couple weeks ago, and I've put the ideas into practice gradually. I'm already feeling the results. I was low in calcium, and drinking 2-3 glasses of milk a day has resolved my constipation (I believe a balance of Mg and Ca is required for the muscles of the colon to work properly), leg and hip pain, leg cramps (Mg and Ca is now balanced) and improved my sleep. Increasing the carbs and reducing the amount of cruciferous veggies has boosted the libido. What a great find! It's given me a more concrete idea of how to do the diet.

sevenzy

I'm making my way through it as well. So glad to have things spelled out concerning peatatarian inspired eating. I recognize folks on the forum are all about personal experimentation and what not but its good for new folks like myself.

Cirion

I never read it, and I feel like I'm pretty familiar with Ray Peat's ideas at this point, but I always like to learn more. Maybe I'll have to check it out. Welcome btw @sevenzy

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals