distilled water made heart race

nickvdg

So I bought a countertop water distiller to get rid of nastiness in de tap water. So I drank a small glass of it last night and my heart started racing. I had this similar effect when I ingested magnesium tabs with normal tap water after waking once. I read many stories you can safely drink a lot of distilled water, and opinions on remineralizing it differ. I added about 0.4 gram of salt to a gallon, but I read on one place it should be 2.5 gram per gallon and in a book I am reading now 800 mg/gallon is recommended. this is quite a difference. so anyone has an idea on how much salt to add/ why the racing heart?

StephanF

Forum Supporter
So I bought a countertop water distiller to get rid of nastiness in de tap water. So I drank a small glass of it last night and my heart started racing. I had this similar effect when I ingested magnesium tabs with normal tap water after waking once. I read many stories you can safely drink a lot of distilled water, and opinions on remineralizing it differ. I added about 0.4 gram of salt to a gallon, but I read on one place it should be 2.5 gram per gallon and in a book I am reading now 800 mg/gallon is recommended. this is quite a difference. so anyone has an idea on how much salt to add/ why the racing heart?
Hi Nick,

I have a PDF of Thomas M. Riddick's book "Control of Colloid Stability through Zeta Potential. With a closing chapter on its relationship to cardiovascular disease." Part of it is available online:

Let me know if you want it and I send you a DropBox link.

The work by Riddick was picked up by Dr. T.C. McDaniel, who was in his late 50s and had severe PVCs (premature venticular contractions). He modified Riddick's original formula and named it 'Zeta Aid', which I am taking religiously every day for my mild arrhythmia. I buy it at 25 packs at a time, then it cost me only $10/pouch and one pouch will last for about a month. It prevents heart disease by strengthening the blood's Zeta Potential. Dr. McDaniel lived to be almost 102 years old and did not suffer from Parkinson's or Alzheimer's.

When you drink distilled water or reverse osmosis water, you may deplete your body from needed electrolytes, although Riddick and Dr. McDaniel recommend drinking these type of waters. Then the Zeta Potential has to do with valence ratio. The Zeta Aid has potassium based electrolytes, which have a valence of +1, and the acid remainder of the salt have a valence of -3 (for example citrate) or -4 (for example pyrophosphate) and have to be in the correct concentration.

2021-01-17 Zeta Potential Graph New.jpg

If you consume distilled water and magnesium tablets, magnesium has a valence of +2, same with calcium, then it depends on what form of magnesium it is. If it is magnesium chloride, for example, and chloride has a valence of -1, then this can weaken the Zeta Potential. See in the above graph the curve for CaCl2, it weakens the Zeta Potential! Aluminum chloride is the worst, it has a valence ratio of 3:1 and is used in water treatment plants to zero out the Zeta Potential - you don't want to do that with your blood!

I would strongly recommend that you try Zeta Aid, you could also have your blood electrolytes checked. You can also have your urine checked, if your kidneys are not functioning correctly; you may loose beneficial electrolytes.

I take magnesium glycinate, but that appears to also be a 2:1 valence ratio, not so good. Best probably is magnesium citrate, since citrate has a valence of -3 but I looked, in some magnesium salts, the citrate has a valence of -2, I think one bond has a hydrogen instead. But the trimagnesium citrate has the valence ratio of 3:2, which I think is better. However, when dissolved in water, the citrate should retain its -3 valence (I think.)

Here is a short write-up about the formula developed by Riddick:

Last edited:
OP
N

nickvdg

Thank you so much StephanF. I did not expect such a thorough answer. I will look into Riddick and McDaniels literature. If you could send me the Dropbox link, I'd be very grateful.
I was just still wondering how my reaction could have been so acute, while many forums and websites suggest it 'might' cause problems in the long run when your diet provides insufficient minerals. This should have been a long term symptom. I will try again, but first I'll get myself TDS meter to know a bit more where my water is at.

OP
N

nickvdg

It is hard for me to order from the US so I am looking for an alternative to Zeta Aid.
Are you able to rate this product with your knowledge on the Zeta potential?
I come across many products that are based on seawater concentrate.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
It is hard for me to order from the US so I am looking for an alternative to Zeta Aid.
Are you able to rate this product with your knowledge on the Zeta potential?
I come across many products that are based on seawater concentrate.
The product is a sea water concentrate, probably with the salt removed, I bought something similar here in the US. Now it depends on the anion, which is the acid remainder. It is probably only chloride (Cl-), which has a valence of only -1. So that won't do very much for the Zeta Potential.

In his book, Riddick has a table with his 'regimen', that is his original formula not Dr. McDaniel's 'Zeta Aid' but very similar and in your case that should work, too. Attached is a German PDF (with a link to the English source, I think it is the same link as in my first reply) about how to make your own Zeta Water. The formula can be simplified by just using potassium citrate, the potassium bicarbonate is just for pH adjustment, to raise the solution above pH 7, maybe up to pH 8 or 8.5.

You can order these from your local pharmacy and you should get a small scale with enough precision so you can weigh the amounts out for making the concentrate or make a bottle of zeta water, as Riddick wrote: "The simplest way is to put 1.5 g of potassium citrate into 1.5 l of water and consume this daily."

The second way is to make a concentrate by mixing about 50 g of potassium citrate and add 10 g of potassium bicarbonate (for pH) into 1 l of distilled water. From this concentrate then take 30 ml into 1.5 l of water and drink this during the day, which also comes to 1.5 g of potassium citrate per day.

Attachments

• Rezept zur Staerkung des Zeta Potenzials.pdf
    109.8 KB · Views: 34

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Low thyroid can also lead to cardiovascular disease, this was documented by Dr. Broda Barnes in the attachment below. Also gum disease and problems with teeth (infected root, but also root canal treated teeth) can cause heart disease or arthritis. If the blood's Zeta Potential is strong, then it charges up the blood particles and prevents the formation of blood clots, without interfering with the normal coagulation during wound healing. I also take three activated drops of 'MMS', which is sold in Germany under the name 'Aquapur' by nulife.de. It reversed the early onset of arthritis in my mom's caretaker in only 5 days!! It also helped an elderly friend of my mom with rheumatoid arthritis. We are taking it at my home as a preventative against Covid-19. Here is a link to a testimonial website:

Attachments

• Solved - The Riddle of Heart Attacks, Broda O.Barnes 1976.pdf
    603.3 KB · Views: 24
OP
N

nickvdg

Thanks StephanF. I fell on my face 2 years ago and have an implant now. I think it also contains Aluminum oxide. I was not informed back then of potential consequences, but I took the bullet and just live with it. A hole and awkward faces the rest of your life everytime you smile doesn't seem like a pleasant alternative to me.
I think I will take your advice of adding the potassium citrate to my distilled water. However, I do not fully grasp the thorough explanation on Zeta Potential / Pot Citrate of adding all these minerals and come to the conclusion that adding only potassium citrate is the most effective. Isn't it so that creating a drinking water that has all good minerals a human body needs is better than a liquid that only contains 1 salt? adding the sodium and potassium bicarbonate only increases pH, but they do not explicitly recommend this. How come?
do you use a TDS meter to check/experiment with your solution? Is it a personal thing whether the solution should be 750 or 1250 ppm? would this depend on the current zeta potential of the solids in the blood?
Potassium is known for lowering BP. However, sometimes my BP is already quite low...

Last edited:

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Hi Nick,

Riddick and Dr. McDaniel analyzed food stuff. Unprocessed food has a low sodium/potassium ratio, it reverses with processed food because one of the cheapest ingredients is salt (besides high fructose syrup). That is why they use potassium salt. Read the last paragraph (the link in my German PDF):

"It is obvious that with a normal daily input of mineral solids equivalent to say 18 grams of NaCl, the daily ingestion of 1.5 grams of electrolytes in the formula water actually increases mineral input by 9%. This increased load should naturally be held to a minimum. By nature, anionic surfactants reach a peak of dispersion. But if the dosage is increased thereafter, the degree of dispersion is lessened. Therefore, one works between two sets of opposing forces: the necessity for adding sufficient reagent to obtain maximum dispersion, but not to a point where it would begin to "salt out" the system. The optimum dosage range of 750 to 1,250 ppm (of a 1:3 electrolyte) agrees with one's expectations, based on overall findings."

So adding 1.5 g of potassium salts really does not hurt the body, it may be beneficial since we consume so much salt. One avocado has about 500 mg of potassium, for example. Bananas are also high in potassium. There are, however, medical conditions, where the potassium intake has to be monitored but I am not a physician and don't know the ins and outs on that...

I have both a pH and a TDS meter but haven't used them. You need to look at the color of your urine. If it is dark, you need to drink water!

One more thing regarding calcium and magnesium: calcium increases muscle tension, magnesium lowers muscle tension. They both have a valence of +2, so one should not consume too much of it. I read that we get more than enough calcium in our diet but not enough magnesium and that magnesium, D3 and K2 are needed for a healthy calcium metabolism.

Ras

Hi Nick,

Riddick and Dr. McDaniel analyzed food stuff. Unprocessed food has a low sodium/potassium ratio, it reverses with processed food because one of the cheapest ingredients is salt (besides high fructose syrup). That is why they use potassium salt. Read the last paragraph (the link in my German PDF):

"It is obvious that with a normal daily input of mineral solids equivalent to say 18 grams of NaCl, the daily ingestion of 1.5 grams of electrolytes in the formula water actually increases mineral input by 9%. This increased load should naturally be held to a minimum. By nature, anionic surfactants reach a peak of dispersion. But if the dosage is increased thereafter, the degree of dispersion is lessened. Therefore, one works between two sets of opposing forces: the necessity for adding sufficient reagent to obtain maximum dispersion, but not to a point where it would begin to "salt out" the system. The optimum dosage range of 750 to 1,250 ppm (of a 1:3 electrolyte) agrees with one's expectations, based on overall findings."

So adding 1.5 g of potassium salts really does not hurt the body, it may be beneficial since we consume so much salt. One avocado has about 500 mg of potassium, for example. Bananas are also high in potassium. There are, however, medical conditions, where the potassium intake has to be monitored but I am not a physician and don't know the ins and outs on that...

I have both a pH and a TDS meter but haven't used them. You need to look at the color of your urine. If it is dark, you need to drink water!

One more thing regarding calcium and magnesium: calcium increases muscle tension, magnesium lowers muscle tension. They both have a valence of +2, so one should not consume too much of it. I read that we get more than enough calcium in our diet but not enough magnesium and that magnesium, D3 and K2 are needed for a healthy calcium metabolism.
What do you think about using potassium sulfate in addition to or in place of potassium citrate?

StephanF

Forum Supporter
What do you think about using potassium sulfate in addition to or in place of potassium citrate?
Further up in this post, you'll find a graph of various electrolytes. There is also a plot showing sulfate, which has a valence of -2. So sulfate is ok but citrate is definitely better. In his book, Thomas M. Riddick gives a table with ingredients for his electrolyte formula. It is mostly potassium citrate and some sodium or potassium bicarbonate to adjust the pH. My sister-in-law took the Zeta Aid and it gave her a headache, maybe one has to take it with two glasses of water. Here is Riddick's formula:

M [g]​
Potassium Citrate
47​
Sodium Citrate
2​
Sodium Chlorite
1​
Potassium Bicarbonate
9.5​
Sodium Bicarbonate
0.5​
Total