81 Year Old Woman Ate Fruit and Milk Diet for 27 Years

baccheion

the effect from even 1mg of supplemental iodide is completely different from raw honey, even if the iodide is taken alongside sugar and salt and a selenium supplement. honey has something altering the function of iodide if that much is actually in there. im not sure if theres that much in just 3.5ounces of honey

i asked Peat about differentiating between iodide and iodine and he said
"No, I have never recommended several milligram doses of iodide, and I have often pointed out the damage to the thyroid gland that even moderate iodide supplements can cause"
"Used occasionally as a topical antiseptic, tincture of iodine is safe. Historically iodide has been used to treat a breast infection. That’s very different from the cult of daily use of large amounts of iodide, started by Guy Abraham."
"If someone had leprosy, scrofula, syphilis or unexplained granulomas and couldn’t get appropriate things such as penicillin, then a short trial of iodine wouldn’t be crazy. Medical use can’t be extrapolated to chronic large doses as a nutritional supplement. Have you seen the many studies of the hamful effects on the thyroid of regular iodide supplementation?"

Peat does not approve of even several milligram doses of iodide, I can't find the email now but I think he said something about Gyorgi not taking megadoses of iodide, that it is just modern day people misinterpreting his work and statements on it. he's expressed severe caution on supplementing both iodide and iodine mate, limiting it to just 200 to 300mcg daily from diet and supplements.
High amounts of iodine are only during the repletion/loading phase. After, 12.5 mg is taken 1 month on and then 3 months off. Said that added selenium protects against negative effects, with further help from vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin C, salt, and magnesium.

Dr. B

High amounts of iodine are only during the repletion/loading phase. After, 12.5 mg is taken 1 month on and then 3 months off. Said that added selenium protects against negative effects, with further help from vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin C, salt, and magnesium.
what do you mean by loading, like the iodine protocol? have you tested it out for yourself and seen results? i could be special since ive seen many report good things about pregnenolone and i got issues with that. but in all my years of trying supplements and herbs, i havent tried too many, mostly vitamins, minerals a few herbs here and there, by the far the most damaging supplement ive tried has been pregnenolone, followed by potassium iodide capsules. And I only used 50-100mg pregnenolone daily for 10 days, and 4mg potassium iodide once a week for 6 weeks. both of those experiments were complete disasters, i got every hypothyroid/cushings/autoimmune symptom in existence from those substances. i dont think supplementing any nutrient is safe long term, besides probably vitamin d3 since thats apparently just sheeps cholesterol exposed to ultraviolet light. the effect from supplementing any nutrient will be very different than from consuming it, especially with the megadoses of nutrients you can't get from food sources. I don't get symptoms from eating 20 grams of PUFA for several days in a row, yet 50mg to 100mg pregnenolone for a few days causes absolutely crazy symptoms like hair loss, weight gain, etc. so there is something with pregnenolone making it much more powerful, and much more dangerous than probably any supplement out there short of cortisol/estrogen hormone supplements themselves.

baccheion

what do you mean by loading, like the iodine protocol? have you tested it out for yourself and seen results? i could be special since ive seen many report good things about pregnenolone and i got issues with that. but in all my years of trying supplements and herbs, i havent tried too many, mostly vitamins, minerals a few herbs here and there, by the far the most damaging supplement ive tried has been pregnenolone, followed by potassium iodide capsules. And I only used 50-100mg pregnenolone daily for 10 days, and 4mg potassium iodide once a week for 6 weeks. both of those experiments were complete disasters, i got every hypothyroid/cushings/autoimmune symptom in existence from those substances. i dont think supplementing any nutrient is safe long term, besides probably vitamin d3 since thats apparently just sheeps cholesterol exposed to ultraviolet light. the effect from supplementing any nutrient will be very different than from consuming it, especially with the megadoses of nutrients you can't get from food sources. I don't get symptoms from eating 20 grams of PUFA for several days in a row, yet 50mg to 100mg pregnenolone for a few days causes absolutely crazy symptoms like hair loss, weight gain, etc. so there is something with pregnenolone making it much more powerful, and much more dangerous than probably any supplement out there short of cortisol/estrogen hormone supplements themselves.
Pregnenolone would start high, then get reduced gradually to a good dose. For example, 30-50 mg * 7. Perhaps you have some underlying conditions.

Iodine protocol, yes. Starting at 100 mg Lugol's iodine (along with cofactors) tends to greatly reduce any side effects. I have taken iodine megadose many times. No issues as far as I am aware.

What do you eat? Any known conditions? Thyroid issues?

Pregnenolone will go toward progesterone, cortisol, estrogen, etc as needed.

Jennifer

i asked Peat about differentiating between iodide and iodine and he said
"No, I have never recommended several milligram doses of iodide, and I have often pointed out the damage to the thyroid gland that even moderate iodide supplements can cause"
"Used occasionally as a topical antiseptic, tincture of iodine is safe. Historically iodide has been used to treat a breast infection. That’s very different from the cult of daily use of large amounts of iodide, started by Guy Abraham."
"If someone had leprosy, scrofula, syphilis or unexplained granulomas and couldn’t get appropriate things such as penicillin, then a short trial of iodine wouldn’t be crazy. Medical use can’t be extrapolated to chronic large doses as a nutritional supplement. Have you seen the many studies of the hamful effects on the thyroid of regular iodide supplementation?"

Thank you for sharing! That’s good to know. If the source I posted is correct, honey’s high iodide content is a non-issue for me since I stopped having raw honey about a month ago.

Dr. B

Thank you for sharing! That’s good to know. If the source I posted is correct, honey’s high iodide content is a non-issue for me since I stopped having raw honey about a month ago.
what honey are you eating now? none, or non raw honey, and why?

Jennifer

what honey are you eating now? none, or non raw honey, and why?

None. Since I only consume a small amount of fruit now, I was relying on the raw honey as a replacement until I could find a specific raw sugar I used a decade ago while following WAPF dietary recommendations so I’m currently experimenting with raw, sun-dried cane juice crystals.

Dr. B

None. Since I only consume a small amount of fruit now, I was relying on the raw honey as a replacement until I could find a specific raw sugar I used a decade ago while following WAPF dietary recommendations so I’m currently experimenting with raw, sun-dried cane juice crystals.
thats the specific raw sugar you were looking for? doesnt honey have specific mineral benefits, antioxidants and other benefits maybe even some hormones.

Jennifer

thats the specific raw sugar you were looking for? doesnt honey have specific mineral benefits, antioxidants and other benefits maybe even some hormones.

No, the sugar from the brand I used to buy is no longer raw, but this one is essentially the same—it’s sun-dried whereas the other one was dehydrated. It seems honey does, at least based on the source I posted a while back. I wanted a sugar source with a bit more nutrients, though, that was also gentler on my gut.

Dr. B

No, the sugar from the brand I used to buy is no longer raw, but this one is essentially the same—it’s sun-dried whereas the other one was dehydrated. It seems honey does, at least based on the source I posted a while back. I wanted a sugar source with a bit more nutrients, though, that was also gentler on my gut.
so honey caused gut issues for you? and this other sugar source has nutrients? i thought pure sugar doesnt have nutrients, can you post the product you have

Jennifer

so honey caused gut issues for you? and this other sugar source has nutrients? i thought pure sugar doesnt have nutrients, can you post the product you have

Yeah, I don’t know if it has to do with its anti-microbial properties, but I started feeling repulsed by the thought of honey and just a spoon of it would send me to the bathroom immediately. White sugar has hardly any nutrients because the molasses has been removed, which is also what makes it low in allergens—from my understanding, it’s the browning, or molasses part, of cooked whole sugar that makes it potentially allergenic—but this sugar is made from whole cane juice:

Dr. B

Yeah, I don’t know if it has to do with its anti-microbial properties, but I started feeling repulsed by the thought of honey and just a spoon of it would send me to the bathroom immediately. White sugar has hardly any nutrients because the molasses has been removed, which is also what makes it low in allergens—from my understanding, it’s the browning, or molasses part, of cooked whole sugar that makes it potentially allergenic—but this sugar is made from whole cane juice:

is the same true for honey? Ray said darker honeys would be more likely to be allergenic... but ive tasted both very light and dark colored honeys which tasted strange. even organic ones.

3 quarts of whole milk is almost 1500mg (RDA) of sodium, low-fat milk would be even higher.

whys low fat milk higher, do they add sodium or it somehow retains more sodium?

OP
Samya

Samya

whys low fat milk higher, do they add sodium or it somehow retains more sodium?
If there's less fat in the milk then all of the water soluble minerals and vitamins will increase for any given amount.

So 1000ml of whole milk is ~4% fat, if you remove the fat to have skimmed milk all the other (non-fat) contents of the milk will increase per 1000ml.

Dr. B

If there's less fat in the milk then all of the water soluble minerals and vitamins will increase for any given amount.

So 1000ml of whole milk is ~4% fat, if you remove the fat to have skimmed milk all the other (non-fat) contents of the milk will increase per 1000ml.
ah yeah, somehow officially the increase isnt much, whole milk is like 300mg calcium per cup, skim milk is 340mg or something, i think sodium maybe goes up from 120mg to 150mg...

Jennifer

is the same true for honey? Ray said darker honeys would be more likely to be allergenic... but ive tasted both very light and dark colored honeys which tasted strange. even organic ones.

I would think only if the darker color was due to browning via high heat. I was never sure if Ray meant honeys that were darker due to heating or due to an excess of allergenic compounds. I’ve tasted a lot of strange honeys, too. All but two of the certified organic honeys I’ve tried have been really gritty and/or gross tasting. Y.S Eco Bee Farm, Heavenly Organics and Wholesome are probably the three brands I disliked most.

Dr. B

I would think only if the darker color was due to browning via high heat. I was never sure if Ray meant honeys that were darker due to heating or due to an excess of allergenic compounds. I’ve tasted a lot of strange honeys, too. All but two of the certified organic honeys I’ve tried have been really gritty and/or gross tasting. Y.S Eco Bee Farm, Heavenly Organics and Wholesome are probably the three brands I disliked most.
whats wrong with the taste on those?
btw YS eco bee farm labels it unpasteurized, not unheated. they do actually heat it, just not enough to pasteurize whatever that means. a lot of these terms are unregulated. raw, pasteurized, unfiltered etc are unregulated when it comes to honey, so the biggest label to look for is probably the organic label.
the YS farms honey tastes like pure sugar or something... but even worse. its hard to eat.
if youve ever had kirklands organic raw honey in the bear bottles, it also tastes nearly unbearable.
which honey do you use now? think you posted before but i forgot. i wanted to get a certified organic honey that also tastes good. no idea where that is available.

Jennifer

whats wrong with the taste on those?
btw YS eco bee farm labels it unpasteurized, not unheated. they do actually heat it, just not enough to pasteurize whatever that means. a lot of these terms are unregulated. raw, pasteurized, unfiltered etc are unregulated when it comes to honey, so the biggest label to look for is probably the organic label.
the YS farms honey tastes like pure sugar or something... but even worse. its hard to eat.
if youve ever had kirklands organic raw honey in the bear bottles, it also tastes nearly unbearable.
which honey do you use now? think you posted before but i forgot. i wanted to get a certified organic honey that also tastes good. no idea where that is available.

The two varieties of the Heavenly Organics brand I tried tasted like a very strong mesquite, the Wholesome brand was extremely gritty and tasted slightly of mesquite also, and I find the YS Eco brand to be gritty and taste like a really basic clover honey. I’ve never had the Kirkland brand, but I trust you. My favorite organic brands are Wendell Estate and oneroot, and my favorite non-organic brands are Wee Bee, Altay (acacia variety) and Eisele’s. I still have a ton of honeys I want to try, but that won’t be happening for a while given my reaction to it.

Dr. B

The two varieties of the Heavenly Organics brand I tried tasted like a very strong mesquite, the Wholesome brand was extremely gritty and tasted slightly of mesquite also, and I find the YS Eco brand to be gritty and taste like a really basic clover honey. I’ve never had the Kirkland brand, but I trust you. My favorite organic brands are Wendell Estate and oneroot, and my favorite non-organic brands are Wee Bee, Altay (acacia variety) and Eisele’s. I still have a ton of honeys I want to try, but that won’t be happening for a while given my reaction to it.
mesquite meaning like barbecue or whats that like?
interesting, where do you get those brands? are they liquid or solid? i really wanted a good honey in a squirt bottle i can just squirt a few ounces and drink everyday, no mess or spoon needed. ill definitely look into those two brands.
the non organic nature nates honey, its not organic and its heated but it tastes much better than all the organic and most non organic honeys ive tried
where did you see those honeys are organic? i looked them up and dont see any mention of organic. are you in canada? both seem to be canadian honeys but no mention of organic...

Last edited:

Jennifer

mesquite meaning like barbecue or whats that like?
interesting, where do you get those brands? are they liquid or solid? i really wanted a good honey in a squirt bottle i can just squirt a few ounces and drink everyday, no mess or spoon needed. ill definitely look into those two brands.
the non organic nature nates honey, its not organic and its heated but it tastes much better than all the organic and most non organic honeys ive tried

Yep, just like barbecue. I bought the Wendell directly through their website:

And oneroot through Amazon:

Amazon product ASIN B017GERWD0View: https://www.amazon.com/ONEROOT-Organic-Wildflower-Honey-Creamed/dp/B017GERWD0/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3FC0FPU17KKU3&dchild=1&keywords=oneroot+honey&qid=1627245389&sprefix=Oneroot%2Caps%2C203&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzNTRESzM4OUw4TjA1JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzYxODkyM0JIOUJDSzBPOFkxRyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMTEyMjU4MktIM1ZKN1QwNjRHWCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Wendell was quite solid and oneroot was thick but pourable, however, it could all depend on how much time a honey has had to crystallize. I’ve read that because of its higher fructose content, acacia honey stays in a liquid state longer so if you haven’t done so already, maybe see if you can find an organic acacia?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals