7 Uncommon testosterone boosting supplements

Hans

Forum Supporter
I've written an article about 7 uncommon herbs, that you may or may not have heard of, that can increase testosterone. As a disclaimer, none of these herbs have been shown to increase testosterone in humans, but they do have animal studies showing that they do increase testosterone and they've been used for 100s if not 1,000s of years as aphrodisiacs or sexual function enhancers.

ReSTART

I haven’t heard of Longdan Xiegan Tang, Fructus Hordei Germinatus or Cistanche. What would you recommend one try first out of those and what do you use personally?

Some of the more common “testosterone boosters” seem to be pro-serotonin or pro-choline, such as ashwagandha.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I haven’t heard of Longdan Xiegan Tang, Fructus Hordei Germinatus or Cistanche. What would you recommend one try first out of those and what do you use personally?

Some of the more common “testosterone boosters” seem to be pro-serotonin or pro-choline, such as ashwagandha.
Perhaps you can try the Cistanche first as many here have reported good effects from it. I haven't used any of those so I can't say which one I'd recommend trying out first or in which particular order to try them out.

Last edited:

Mister

Great article again Hans.

When are you going to adress Kevin Mann's slanderous video about you?

Mauritio

I've written an article about 7 uncommon herbs, that you may or may not have heard of, that can increase testosterone. As a disclaimer, none of these herbs have been shown to increase testosterone in humans, but they do have animal studies showing that they do increase testosterone and they've been used for 100s if not 1,000s of years as aphrodisiacs or sexual function enhancers.

Great article . You're on a roll , this last few months. Plus hans amato is just one of the coolest names to have :D sounds like a German/Japanese combo

Longdan seems to be very good for the liver , TCM recommends it if one has anger problems ,which are associated with liver problems. It also seems to help viral infections .
I read that it shouldn't be taken with toning herbs (for example cistanche) as one is detoxing and the other one nourishing .

Cistanche is a COX-2 inhibitor as well , just like aspirin, plus it boosts several steroidogenic enzymes and inhibits lipid peroxidation stronger than Vitamin E .

Last edited:
OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Great article again Hans.

When are you going to adress Kevin Mann's slanderous video about you?
Thanks, man.
I don't do revenge articles/vids, but I do plan or releasing an article on hair loss sometime in the near future. It's never something personal for me. If someone is blind to the research or has an agenda and wants to prove a point by being slanderous, I won't engage... especially not something (extremely) unstable. If I wanted to pick a fight with him (or anyone else for that matter) on any topic I would have been able to do so, but that's not what I do and it's not who I am. I feel that you can't educate people by breaking others down... It never makes you taller to chop other people's legs of... AND it's just a waste of time that leads to a lack of character.

Mister

Thanks, man.
I don't do revenge articles/vids, but I do plan or releasing an article on hair loss sometime in the near future. It's never something personal for me. If someone is blind to the research or has an agenda and wants to prove a point by being slanderous, I won't engage... especially not something (extremely) unstable. If I wanted to pick a fight with him (or anyone else for that matter) on any topic I would have been able to do so, but that's not what I do and it's not who I am. I feel that you can't educate people by breaking others down... It never makes you taller to chop other people's legs of... AND it's just a waste of time that leads to a lack of character.
Yes you're right. The video from him was nothing more than a weak and failed attempt at dismissing the obvious truth and importance of DHT anyway.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Great article . You're on a roll , this last few months. Plus hans amato is just one of the coolest names to have :D sounds like a German/Japanese combo

Longdan seems to be very good for the liver , TCM recommends it if one has anger problems ,which are associated with liver problems. It also seems to help viral infections .

Cistanche is a COX-2 inhibitor as well , just like aspirin, plus it boosts several steroidogenic enzymes and inhibits lipid peroxidation stronger than Vitamin E .
Lol thanks, man. Still some great articles to come (I hope). :)

Interesting about the anger issues. I've seen the connection that anger is bad for the liver, so it's cool that it can help against anger as well. A double wammy.

Cistanche is definitely a good herb. Have you used it before?

Mauritio

Lol thanks, man. Still some great articles to come (I hope). :)

Interesting about the anger issues. I've seen the connection that anger is bad for the liver, so it's cool that it can help against anger as well. A double wammy.

Cistanche is definitely a good herb. Have you used it before?
Currently on day 2 of using it .only did 1200mg yesterday and already had some pleasant androgenic symptoms today :)

Charger

Thanks, man.
Classy AF.

And I agree that a 'revenge' article would be unnecessary and your site's quality doesn't need to be lowered with the pettiness of it all. If you delve more into the hair loss topic in the future, your position and understanding will be clarified and people can take it or leave at that.

That said, thanks for this article. Anything I should take into consideration when using aspirin on a daily basis? I'm looking to start utilizing it more.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Classy AF.

And I agree that a 'revenge' article would be unnecessary and your site's quality doesn't need to be lowered with the pettiness of it all. If you delve more into the hair loss topic in the future, your position and understanding will be clarified and people can take it or leave at that.

That said, thanks for this article. Anything I should take into consideration when using aspirin on a daily basis? I'm looking to start utilizing it more.
Totally agree. Thanks, man. :hattip
In terms of aspirin, I'd just make sure I'm getting a lot of vitamins and minerals from my diet as aspirin can increase the requirements of some of them, for example, B1, magnesium, potassium, zinc, vitamin K2, etc.
If aspirin is a little hard on your gut, then it might help a lot to switch to sodium salicylate.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
What about tribulus @Hans?
Tribulus can be very good at increasing DHEA and DHT, but not so much testosterone. It's a good androgenic herb to use in general and I enjoyed using it a lot the last time I used it.

bluefish

Hans.. what do you think? possible decent vendor?

#4 Tiancan Zhuangyang Powder

This seem like a very interesting Chinese herbal mix, but apart from a few abstracts, I can’t find a full study explaining what’s in this mix. I also can’t find a vendor selling it. If anyone knows more about it or know where to buy it, please let me know.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hans.. what do you think? possible decent vendor?

#4 Tiancan Zhuangyang Powder

This seem like a very interesting Chinese herbal mix, but apart from a few abstracts, I can’t find a full study explaining what’s in this mix. I also can’t find a vendor selling it. If anyone knows more about it or know where to buy it, please let me know.

I saw that one, but I'm not sure if Tiancan Zhuangyang Powder and Zhuang-Yang-Wan are actually the same thing. The wan at the end and tiancan at the start could change its meaning completely.

Mauritio

I did long Dan xie gan tan yesterday for the first time.
And it really seems to clean out the liver . It reminds me a lot of calcium d glucarate.
I get softer skin and hair . Mood is better . Sleep was super refreshing .
I'm only worried that it might have a similar effect to calcium d glucarate in terms of androgen detox . It detoxes androgens as well as estrogens.
Maybe combining with cistanche would be a good idea .

It has been used for BPH ,which traditionally would be interpreted as an anti-DHT effect . On the other hand that's probably more the anti estrogenic effect at play here .

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I did long Dan xie gan tan yesterday for the first time.
And it really seems to clean out the liver . It reminds me a lot of calcium d glucarate.
I get softer skin and hair . Mood is better . Sleep was super refreshing .
I'm only worried that it might have a similar effect to calcium d glucarate in terms of androgen detox . It detoxes androgens as well as estrogens.
Maybe combining with cistanche would be a good idea .

It has been used for BPH ,which traditionally would be interpreted as an anti-DHT effect . On the other hand that's probably more the anti estrogenic effect at play here .
Great stuff man. Are you also doing bloods, specifically looking at prolactin and T?

Mauritio

Great stuff man. Are you also doing bloods, specifically looking at prolactin and T?
No unfortunately not .
I thought that it feels a little like 5adhp too . Today I read in a study that it boosts PPARa ,which boosts allopregnanolone ?

Mauritio

Mauritio

@Hans what do you think about point 3.2 of this study? Long dan xie gan tang seems to be more effective at decreasing androgens (in the prostate) than finasteride.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom