Ways to Protect Yourself Legally From The Medical System (Organ Donation, Bills, Vaccines, etc...) Looking for Ideas

Birdie

Please review this thread with additional info which has just been posted:
You might consider - Witnessed Cremation -
and appoint/ask someone you trust to watch your body roll in and come out as dust except for your gold crowns or whatever you might have . . .
And always get your gold crowns from the dentist when you get new crowns in their places.

LA

Something else which hopefully protects anyone using Managed Care/HMO whatever is to have your papers state:

No Out-of-Network procedures to be done without advanced notification and sign-off by patient.

Supposedly this is part of a No Surprises Law although I have not been told by anyone that they have signed something like it unless they (the patient) brought it up

Blossom

Forum Supporter
A DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) order is surprisingly not always enough to avoid heroic life sustaining measures. I’ve had 2 patients recently who had a DNR on file and one was given atropine for PEA (pulseless electrical activity) when she was no longer breathing and the other was intubated and put on a ventilator as ‘treatment’ for an abnormal blood gas. If a person wants to be truly be left alone and avoid potential interventions I recommend hospice, palliative care or comfort measures otherwise it’s quite possible a person with a DNR could still become a victim of heroics by a well meaning but misguided practitioner (or someone just try to cover their A**!).

LA

A DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) order is surprisingly not always enough to avoid heroic life sustaining measures. I’ve had 2 patients recently who had a DNR on file and one was given atropine for PEA (pulseless electrical activity) when she was no longer breathing and the other was intubated and put on a ventilator as ‘treatment’ for an abnormal blood gas. If a person wants to be truly be left alone and avoid potential interventions I recommend hospice, palliative care or comfort measures otherwise it’s quite possible a person with a DNR could still become a victim of heroics by a well meaning but misguided practitioner (or someone just try to cover their A**!).
Yes, sadly.
Much of the news about what is happening to those during their end time is disheartening. I watched an uncle die and his daughter wasn't there for him. She came in to sign-off on everything after it was over. He was squirming and trying to remove his restraints. I left before he passed, so maybe someone harvested something. If 'they' are going to do creepy things to people at the end why won't 'they' just let the person go out on an OVERDOSE of Morphine?
A few times when we get the news about these events I tell my husband that if we get deathly-sick we might think about locking all the doors, windows and die peacefully in our own home.
There was a daughter in Wales who carried out a stone age burial for her father. After he died (he lived in Aberedw Wales) she and and husband dug a grave and placed her dad in it

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@LA, I’m really sorry to hear it’s touched your life so personally. I’ve actually been thinking about taking an end of life certification course recently. One day when I mentioned being tired of ventilating corpses to my adult daughter she suggested I talk with her friend who is a death doula. I know it probably sounds morbid to many people but I think we (as a culture in general) do an exceedingly poor job when it comes to end of life planning and preparing for a decent departure. I figure since I’ve wound up dealing with it so much and I’m accustomed to being around death I might as well educate myself more even if it only helps me help my friends and family better. It’s something that happens to us all eventually so it can’t hurt to be prepared.
Edit: I absolutely love the idea of that type of burial!!!

akgrrrl

I had a gf much younger than me be told she had 60days to live from MS in TX. I flew to care for her, bringing a battery of oils, herbs, high quality protein powd, supps and 25lbs of fresh froz salmon. She was totally freaked over the expense to provide legal dispersal her assets without probate as her 60days commenced.
Long story short.
her condition immed brightened with my care, we arranged daily caretaker to mimic my applications, she lived comfortably 3 more years. BUT she used her diagnosis to acquire a pharmacopia over time, and to get legal assistance. In the end she chose the very day of departure, had everything taken care of to her liking, and made phone calls to everyone in her world without mentioning her intent. We all knew.

LA

@LA, I’m really sorry to hear it’s touched your life so personally. I’ve actually been thinking about taking an end of life certification course recently. One day when I mentioned being tired of ventilating corpses to my adult daughter she suggested I talk with her friend who is a death doula. I know it probably sounds morbid to many people but I think we (as a culture in general) do an exceedingly poor job when it comes to end of life planning and preparing for a decent departure. I figure since I’ve wound up dealing with it so much and I’m accustomed to being around death I might as well educate myself more even if it only helps me help my friends and family better. It’s something that happens to us all eventually so it can’t hurt to be prepared.
Edit: I absolutely love the idea of that type of burial!!!
You are the angel of the forum

LA

I had a gf much younger than me be told she had 60days to live from MS in TX. I flew to care for her, bringing a battery of oils, herbs, high quality protein powd, supps and 25lbs of fresh froz salmon. She was totally freaked over the expense to provide legal dispersal her assets without probate as her 60days commenced.
Long story short.
her condition immed brightened with my care, we arranged daily caretaker to mimic my applications, she lived comfortably 3 more years. BUT she used her diagnosis to acquire a pharmacopia over time, and to get legal assistance. In the end she chose the very day of departure, had everything taken care of to her liking, and made phone calls to everyone in her world without mentioning her intent. We all knew.
Very good of you!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
You are the angel of the forum
Thank you, that’s so very kind. I’ll definitely share what I learn with the forum so hopefully we can all pass (a long time from now!) as Peat did-without torturous medical interventions and on our own terms when our work here is done. It’s amazing in hindsight that even his exit from this world is a great example for us.

Kyle970

@LA witnessed the same thing couple times now. We brought my Dad home from hospice, in avoidance.
I like that idea of locking yourself home at the end lol. I think almost anything is better than what is considered the standard of care in these situations. It can definitely change perspectives on health/life in general, the value of it.

Birdie

@LA witnessed the same thing couple times now. We brought my Dad home from hospice, in avoidance.
I like that idea of locking yourself home at the end lol. I think almost anything is better than what is considered the standard of care in these situations. It can definitely change perspectives on health/life in general, the value of it.
Yes.

akgrrrl

Yes, I guess thats what I was trying to demonstrate by telling that story. Even her Dr would not give her a long course of antibiotic, becuz "standard of care". That their license to work is threatened if failure to follow the AMA party line, has been obvious for a long time.

LA

Good of you, it must have been a relief. Sometimes I feel how nice it would be to live in a smaller community and have a local graveyard where relatives are buried. Some farms have a section right on their farmland

OP
J

Jackson Chung

D

Deleted member 14744

Would you be willing to draft and sell generic forms for the forum for a small fee?

I have legal insurance which may cover this.
Most of the health forms are free from state governments and are preferred bc state forms carry greater legal weight. But if you mean create a template for your personal preferences letter, I'd be happy to do this.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom