The "evidence" for the Big Bang turns out to be just dust

haidut

Forum Supporter
Pun intended in the title, since it turned out that the stunning "discovery" of "evidence" (gravitational waves) for the Big Bang that was so much publicized this past summer was probably nothing more than the results of cosmic dust being magnetically aligned by our galaxy's magnetic field, and fooling the "scientists".

http://www.simonsfoundation.org/quanta/ ... anck-says/

"...Now, scientists have shown that the swirl pattern touted as evidence of primordial gravitational waves — ripples in space and time dating to the universe’s explosive birth — could instead all come from magnetically aligned dust. A new analysis of data from the Planck space telescope has concluded that the tiny silicate and carbonate particles spewed into interstellar space by dying stars could account for as much as 100 percent of the signal detected by the BICEP2 telescope and announced to great fanfare this spring."

BingDing

Re: The "evidence" for the Big Bang turns out to be just dus

Good pun, haidut. That part of science is so thin in facts/abstract that learning the Milky Way can magnetically align dust is more exciting than thinking about gravitational waves. At least to me.

I remember that team had taken the "discovery" before an older team who had been working for much longer. I think there are plenty bad feelings in those circles.

BingDing

I dream about living in a world where nature can tolerate a vacuum and power does not corrupt.

And wonder if a universe is possible where pi is a whole number.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom