Gold Medalist Mo Farah Getting L-carnitine Infusion

Drareg

This article is well worth a read,the initial panorama BBC documentary on doping at Nike under Salazar was mainly about the legal use of thyroid meds and testosterone.
Now it's unfolding more to include L-carnitine.

Salazar has being pushing the legal limit of all these supplements,for me from what I have read it sounds like Salazar is not the bad guy but the biochemically ignorant politically correct around these sports,the authoritarians expect an athlete to dedicate their life to a sport that even the best can only financially gain until the age of 35,those who don't win make very little for the efforts and risk required.
it's becoming more clear the legal limits needs to be raised to protect the athletes health ,they are all doping at the top in every sport.
Why should someone who didnt win the epigentics lottery accept their fate?sounds like the genetic determinism paradigm is alive and well in the mentality of humans along with reductionism being the sole answer to all.

Salazar was also a runner and when he retired he had a a heart attack,I think he swore by testosterone for his recovery.

Mo Farah's coach Alberto Salazar may have breached drug rules - leaked Usada report

OP
Drareg

Drareg

Lol the Russians are supposed to have hacked the files of USADA,the Russians clearly fuming about being scapegoated the last few years.
I hope they hack the Footballers/soccer files,this is the can of worms waiting to bring sport to its only conclusion of increasing steroid use limits and the like,the working mans sport can't be seen to be full of "cheats", as it's the greatest sporting distraction worldwide for those in power.

Many countries are knowingly ignoring doping to stay significant at the risk of the athletes health as the athlete must do most of it on their own,they all don't have access to people like Ray Peat,will they didn't.
Said athletes are paying the price with their health after retirement.
Southern Hemispheres rugby was and is pickled with doping,many of these athletes are now falling victim to kidney diseases and ALS. Rugby worldwide realised this and now it's everywhere, guys who weigh 110 kilos running the 100m in 11 seconds and capable of keeping the tempo high for 80mins was not possible before doping.

Herbie

Very interesting, I know a lot of Rugby Players who tear the pectoral muscles and apparently that injury is only associated with anabolic steroid use.

I think if they allowed all use of any substance in sport it would make it a lot more interesting to see humans find new limits, they may as well its all happening anyway should stop being in denial of it. Like lance armstrong and all the cyclists cycling all the different drugs. It was fair and just as they were all using the same gear.

How do people think new records keep being broken as if we are evolving into a more advanced species while you walk down the street and think something different.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
Very interesting, I know a lot of Rugby Players who tear the pectoral muscles and apparently that injury is only associated with anabolic steroid use.

Depending on the compound, tears can be more or less common. Compounds like stanozolol and trenbolone interact with the GR (the latter crossbinds with PR too) and are well known for causing substantial water loss. AAS also induce artificial strength gains through increased intracellular water content and motor unit recruitment, without the compensatory increase in myofibril content or tendon thickness. Nandrolone has a positive effect on collagen structures, but is also a progestin like trenbolone. From my research, growth hormone also accelerates collagen healing but seems to induce deleterious cross-linking.

Louie Simmons claims that his lifters (all enhanced) don't reach their peak until their mid-late 30s, simply because that's how long it takes to build a reliable body.

Last edited:

Herbie

Thats interesting.

Ive watched the videos on youtube with all those big guys tearing the bicep off the forearm doing deadlifts, having weak tendon and artificially strong muscles probably explains it.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
That's pretty common with that particular grip and it's not necessarily because of AAS. With that grip people can unknowingly flex the arm when it should remain straight, transferring tremendous load onto the bicep. It's only natural after all, and their mind is usually focused elsewhere. I'd estimate that bicep injuries are much, much fewer with conventional pronated grip. I've heard of people snapping wrist flexors when tearing aircraft seat belts off during emergencies.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

Depending on the compound, tears can be more or less common. Compounds like stanozolol and trenbolone interact with the GR (the latter crossbinds with PR too) and are well known for causing substantial water loss. AAS also induce artificial strength gains through increased intracellular water content and motor unit recruitment, without the compensatory increase in myofibril content or tendon thickness. Nandrolone has a positive effect on collagen structures, but is also a progestin like trenbolone. From my research, growth hormone also accelerates collagen healing but seems to induce deleterious cross-linking.

Louie Simmons claims that his lifters (all enhanced) don't reach their peak until their mid-late 30s, simply because that's how long it takes to build a reliable body.

Would this thinking apply to the not enhanced also?

The Unknown longterm danger of underground juice use is coming to light as the guys who got it wrong are paying the price as they age,if it was legal they could have access to better information,I won't say correct information because in these times with establsihemnt and big pharma it's like a lottery,it would however allow for better testing from clubs to manage levels without it being taboo as it is now,taboo being the right word because clubs know what's going on.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
Would this thinking apply to the not enhanced also?

Absolutely. Natural or enhanced, it takes 10-20 years to build strong, injury-resistant bodies. Powerlifters and performance athletes are more careful to use AAS because extra muscle mass is not necessarily desirable and because performance is contingent on integrity of the microstructures, unlike bodybuilding. I've known bodybuilders to use up to 6 compounds simultaneously, running into 5-10 grams of total weekly dosages, plus the GH, insulin, stimulants, etc.

I spent a lot of time sifting through PubMed looking at AAS studies. You'll generally find the best (neutral, inquisitive) studies date before the 1990s, prior to the 1988 ban ushered in by the MLB scandals. Nandrolone returns the greatest number of hits, probably because it was the first SARM-like androgen. Other early AAS like methandienone and methenolone also return a lot of hits dating before 1990. After ~1990 it's clear that the objective of every study is to find negative results rather than explore pharmacological mechanisms in a true investigative, scientific spirit. After all, politics and academia/medicine are intertwined.

Herbie

That's pretty common with that particular grip and it's not necessarily because of AAS. With that grip people can unknowingly flex the arm when it should remain straight, transferring tremendous load onto the bicep. It's only natural after all, and their mind is usually focused elsewhere. I'd estimate that bicep injuries are much, much fewer with conventional pronated grip. I've heard of people snapping wrist flexors when tearing aircraft seat belts off during emergencies.

Yeah good points. Ill check out the aircraft stuff.

Herbie

Absolutely. Natural or enhanced, it takes 10-20 years to build strong, injury-resistant bodies. Powerlifters and performance athletes are more careful to use AAS because extra muscle mass is not necessarily desirable and because performance is contingent on integrity of the microstructures, unlike bodybuilding. I've known bodybuilders to use up to 6 compounds simultaneously, running into 5-10 grams of total weekly dosages, plus the GH, insulin, stimulants, etc.

I spent a lot of time sifting through PubMed looking at AAS studies. You'll generally find the best (neutral, inquisitive) studies date before the 1990s, prior to the 1988 ban ushered in by the MLB scandals. Nandrolone returns the greatest number of hits, probably because it was the first SARM-like androgen. Other early AAS like methandienone and methenolone also return a lot of hits dating before 1990. After ~1990 it's clear that the objective of every study is to find negative results rather than explore pharmacological mechanisms in a true investigative, scientific spirit. After all, politics and academia/medicine are intertwined.

Huge dosages.

Ive spoken to old body builders who loved deca. I didn't know that was the case with the science thanks for sharing this information.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
Huge dosages.

Ive spoken to old body builders who loved deca. I didn't know that was the case with the science thanks for sharing this information.

Nandrolone is a remarkable compound. It has mixed effects on the PR and seems to block 5HT1 subtypes, while modulating 5HT2 subtypes. One author even suggested it can undo the negative rewiring of the serotonergic networks inflicted by SSRIs.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom